Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: ROP v2.2 Released - [Patch 2.22 Available!]

Default Re: ROP v2.2 Released - [Patch 2.22 Available!]

Quote Originally Posted by ithinkitsdead View Post
    If you chaps wouldn't mind, I would like you to PM me the UI folder with all its components. Tinkering with your mod ATM, and just want to fix a few small errors in there.

Also! Had a question about your map!
    Is there any particular reason why you aren't putting a few of the other Greek cities in there? (Corinth, namely)
    Loving the mod so far, and if you guys want to balance out the battles a bit more, there are two routes to it:

1) Higher combat values for all things. So, instead of an attack of 9 and defence of 12 (for a normal unit, lets assume) make it 18 and 24. Put up against another unit of the same values, it will take a while for the battle to play out.

or

2) Give each unit 2 HP, but keep the same low values for the EDU. This ensures that units will take slightly longer to die.

For each of those options, the General's Bodyguards must always have a higher HP count than the other units.

Once I get to a point where I am satisfied with the EDU, I will post it for you guys to check out.

P.S: I'm also working on a little mod within a mod. If things work out, I will also let you have at it.

Don't take a good mod and turn it into the crappyness that is TTW. The values for everything was jacked up so high for Lydia and so low for the Hittites, I ended up just re-modding the entire thing to fit a more realistic and playable standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Walter View Post
    Torrent link goes to a 404 from "HostGator" and the other link downloads an exe that apparently isn't a valid win32 application.

Edit: the non-torrent mirror worked second time round, my bad sorry
    i have the same issue with the non-torrent and idk what you did to relieve it but with me it's not a non-issue
    I'm a quick learner but i'm still human

if you see i make a mistake don't be afraid to tell if not directly in a pm

Memento Mori

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Destroyer View Post
    i have the same issue with the non-torrent and idk what you did to relieve it but with me it's not a non-issue
    Literally just tried again a few minutes later
    ...ceterum autem censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

Here is an alternative download link for version 2.22b:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/22781...22_final_b.exe

Do you need to have ROP 2.1 to download this?

No, 2.22b contains all that is necessary. No previous versions required.

smartscreen filter will not allow me to download it

edit: thanks for the link don
    Last edited by nein; January 18, 2013 at 09:17 AM.

ViVa The KURDISH Medyan(Median) Empire !! The Spreader of Ancient & Modern Civilizations & Peace & Wisedom !!
    and thank you for youre good MOD !! it had some inaccuracy of history but thank you Work !

Briareos's Avatar Libertus

Great mod! One of my favoured... it so many years I played it last. I better give it another try now!

Parzival2211's Avatar Ducenarius

I couldn't download 2.2. Error message said it wasn't a valid win32 application. Please, help.

I tried downloading the mod (it looks great!) but when I tried to install, I got a message that said it was basically broken.

Biarchus
    Blog Entries

Strange, try to use my dropbox link.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/twtwsb81u...v3KaNkjfreL43a

naxzul666's Avatar Que la fête commence !
    Content Emeritus

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

Great video showing great mod

None of the links work... i want to play this badly, please give us a new link

The version from the website is corrupted.

Biarchus
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vonazak View Post
    None of the links work... i want to play this badly, please give us a new link

The version from the website is corrupted.
    Made 2 new links in the first post with dropbox links.

Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by ithinkitsdead View Post
    Part of the balancing process is figuring out a good unit ratio.
    The Eastern factions didn't typically have heavily armoured infantry, and leaned more towards variants of cavalry, and mass groups of lighter infantry.
    While the Greek factions may have superior quality, quantity CAN win a battle.

I simply wanted to pitch in with some battle balancing.
    Besides, I personally LOATHE watching 20 of my strongest hoplites running away from 30 Sparabara and a few horsemen. A weeee morale boost could do those chaps some good.
    Maybe then only 3 or 4 will have the sense to run for their lives.
    while this may come as a surpise, cavarly was always the nemesis of the hoplites, and medium charged based cavarly (like the thessalians used to have) could easily break the whole phalanx even with a frontal charge... the only reason for not having many numbers of cavarlymen was that of the high cost a horse dedivated to war had: most cities could muster no more than some few hundreds men in war horses... Sparta had only 300 and even the Great Athenian Empire in his outmost ecpansion coyld muster no more than 2-3.000... so it is very reasonable that they run for their lives... they was in disadvantage both in numbers and in quality of arms, even if they were individually better warriors...

Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by the persian Immortal View Post
    oh my god , so that's what nomad means (people that don't stay in a special place and have no special homeland and travel in all their live ?)

till now I thought that nomads are the same as barbarians (you know : savege and wild people) with the diference that they live in the deserts.

in that case are you guy's sure that parthian were nomads , I have hurt that the place (todays Khorasan) was actually called Prathe which was homeland of the Parthians.
    No they were not nomads, they were herders, moving by the changes of the temparature and the food for their herds.... even now people that herds do so, a cousin of mine amongst them... you just can't e.g. spend winder in high mountains...

I've Never Gotten A Mod For Rome: Total War Before, So Can Somebody Tell Me Where Exactly To Install The Mod? (P.S. I Got Rome: Total War Gold On Steam)

Quote Originally Posted by Erate View Post
    I've Never Gotten A Mod For Rome: Total War Before, So Can Somebody Tell Me Where Exactly To Install The Mod? (P.S. I Got Rome: Total War Gold On Steam)
    Whend a mod has a install exe program you just choose the directory for the Rome: Total War Gold. If not, just drag the folder inside the Rome total war folder.