Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: ROP v2.2 Released - [Patch 2.22 Available!]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default ROP v2.2 Released - [Patch 2.22 Available!]

ROP v2.2 Released
    After months of anticipation from both you and us, we now present to you ROP v2.2, our first version to use the praised -mod switch! Apart from the -mod switch, features to be noted are the 4tpy mod, our own governments system, new temples for all factions, new campaign map textures and not to be forgotten: Makedon and the mighty Median Empire are now playable! For a full list of changes, check further down this post

Introduction
    The Rise of Persia Mod is set in the 6th century BC, a most fascinating era of mankind’s history. It was the time of four grand empires having divided the known world from the Mediterranean Sea to the River Oxus in the east among themselves after the seemingly invincible Assyrian might had been broken. All of them had ventured through great struggles in their past for becoming the dominant superpower deciding the fate of all mankind.

In the east lay the vast dominion of the Median lords, the undisputed masters of the Iranian Plateau, ruling territory from Asia Minor to the most distant places of east Iran. These dreaded Iranian warriors had overcome the mighty Assyrians, the Kimmerians and the Skythians, they had forged an empire by the means of war that nobody could match in size or power. Yet their wise kings had now been avoiding open conflict on all fronts, making alliances with the Babylonian heir of the Assyrian realm.

Babylon, located deep in the cradle of civilization, had finally revolted successfully against the Assyrian murderers and flattened their seat of power, utterly destroying their capital Niniveh in retaliation. Babylon’s Great Kings took most of their territory including that of the rebellious Judah kingdom in the Levant. Brute force had made them submit, but clemency – and captivity – ensured their loyalty. Babylon and Media had been friends since the Assyrian Downfall, but there was enough space left to conquer.

The shadow of the Assyrians was long and their final end had also freed the time-honoured Kingdom of Egypt. The 26th Dynasty had successfully reclaimed its inherent place among the super powers again. Although their great Pharaohs had to face severe problems due to growing mercenary influence and also from the threats posed by Libyans, Greeks and Babylon, they were able to prevail over all these.

An ally of Egypt was Lydia, the most powerful Nation of Asia Minor. Their war-mongering kings of the Mermnads’ Dynasty hold sway with an iron fist over the lands between the Black Sea and the Mediterranean Sea. Nobody had ever defeated them and their lance-wielding cavalry is as feared as Iranian archers or Greek hoplites. Even the gargantuan Medes could not defeat them and the Greeks of Ionia suffered the same fate as the rest of Asia Minor.

These four super powers came to terms of trade and co-existed more or less peacefully, despite some grim tensions between them regarding their bellicose past. Now was also the time when the Greek city states grew to a potentially serious contender for these powers. If an ambitious city state managed to master all of Hellas then a new and dangerous power would threaten to unbalance the tense equilibrium of the four empires. But while the colony of Kyrene in north Africa could hold their own even against the Pharaoh, the Ionian Greeks were in submission. However, the true reason of their rise was not war, but trade making them rich.
    On the other end of the known worlds were the Indians, not yet involved in any of the others’ business. The heavy incursions of the northern nomads, which had devastated Asia and Europe in the past were over, nevertheless everyone needed to watch them carefully. In the south, Nubians and Arabians were in danger of being conquered by the expanding powers, who had decided not to engage each other.

Nothing seemed to stop their tetrarchy, but the world changed forever, when one man stood up against the Medes. His name was Kuruš and he was the leader of the ignominious Persian tribe. He vanquished the Medes, crushed the Lydians and conquered Babylon. He created the Persian Empire, one of the most splendid the world has ever seen. However, at the beginning of our mod he is just a tribal leader, alone against the super powers.

The year is 559 BC and the Rise of Persia is about to begin!

Guide: Download and Installation

We are now using the -mod:mymod switch to make ROP more user friendly, by preventing the overwriting of original game files. ROP still requires the RTW folder to which it is installed to be unmodded (not on top of old versions of ROP!), and of course it should be RTW v1.5. Due to the many new and changed features, old saved games are not compatible with v2.2.

As using BitTorrent networks saves significantly in bandwith [Installer is 178 MB], and also is much faster once a couple of people are seeding, it would be better for the servers it if you download and seed ROP v2.2 this way. Alternatively, we have http download links.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/rise-of-persia/downloads

Install Instructions
    -Download ROP v2.2
    -Install ROPv22_final.exe to the root of an unmodded installation of RTW v1.5. Vista users should install ROP using Administrator Mode (right click, execute as administrator)
    -Download and install the ROP v2.22 patch to the same root of RTW 1.5 folder (check this thread for changelog)
    -Play ROP by clicking the "Rise of Persia" shortcut on your desktop.

Gameplay Guide: 4tpy mod

We have implemented the 4tpy mod into our campaign, to stretch the number of turns available to build your empire, which is now more or less comparable to vanilla RTW rather than half the turns. There are three summer seasons, representing spring, summer and autumn respectively, and the winter season. As in any other mod, 4tpy has to be activated when starting a campaign or loading a save game.
    On campaig start, the popup shown below will appear automatically. When clicking the Show-me-how button, the script is loaded.
    When loading a save game though, you will have to click on a settement owned by your faction, and then open the advisor and click the show-me-how button, as is shown in the screenshot.

ROP v2.2 Full Changelog
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Campaign Map - Gameplay Features:
    -4tpy-mod implemented
    -Added Governments: Monarchy, Oligarchy, Democracy. See special topic on this, will be posted tomorrow
    -Rewritten units code so:
    -There are no weird duplicates of the same unit in camp mode anymore, which couldn't be retrained.
    -The barracks buildings don't have the innecessary double trees anymore. Doesn't really affect gameplay, but does make the code better
    -Added most Temple descriptions (more to follow)
    -Rewrote temples code to suit ROP deities lists
    -Added Median and Makedonian units properly to the campaign and battle modes
    -Pirate Spawn level decreased - less pirates
    -Victory Conditions redone
    -Strategy map models/textures implemented for all factions

Campaign Map - Map Features:
    -Wonders: Pyramids and Hanging Gardens added
    -Added rebels in the Balkan area
    -Connected Halikarnassos, Miletos and Phokaia by adding fords in the rivers between them - better for Ionia-Lydia relationships
    -Gave Mytelene port at gamestart, stops Ionians getting stuck in case the Asia Minor settlements are taken
    -Terrain and Climates hugely revamped by Uranos
    -Lots of new and/or improved rivers by Uranos
    -New campaign map textures by Uranos
    -Changed Illyria to Autariatia - new starting position, edited family tree
    -Faction colours on camp map edited so borders and regions are now the same colour
    -Fixed CTD bug with Lydian family member outside family tree
    -Sinope port now buildable
    -Sparta really can't build walls now
    -Rewritten victory conditions
    -Chariots no longer recruitable without necessary AOR resource
    -Much more starting armies, for all factions at least one outside city now - will make the first few turns significantly more interesting
    -Larger garrisons for many settlements, rebel and non-rebel
    -Assur region is now Babylonian
    -Tushpa region is now Median
    Battle Map:
    -Battle CTDs fixed
    -Quick battle CTD fixed
    -21 new custom battle locations
    -Various fixes to textures/models/skeleton definitions
    -Highly improved Hoplite warfare - much more orderly and realistic now - thank you TW community
    -Night battles enabled
    -Bloody routing unit banners
    -Median units implemented
    -Makedonian units implemented (Big thanks to Hegemonia CS)
    -Rebalanced all units to make battles last longer and more realisticly
    Misc:
    -Using the -mod:mymod command now; ROP is now contained within its own folder and doesn't overwrite vanilla files anymore
    -New Intro Video by SeleukosART
    -New Unit Cards for all units
    -Thrace/Sparta settlement icon mixup fixed
    -English names for Kemet units added, putting the native names in brackets
    -Fixed various typos in the quotes and other areas
    -Improved loading screen faction icons, edges are better
    -Added new barracks descriptions
    -New loading screens
    -New faction maps for Makedon and Media, as they're playable now
    Thanks to:

Current/Previous Team members:
    Nero666 - Lead Developer
    Rez - Lead Historian, Texts
    FliegerAD - All round Historian
    Zenith Darksea - Greek historian
    Spurius - Jack of all trades
    Celtic Man - Musician
    Roofie - 3D artist
    SeleukosART - Movie Maker
    Reloader-1 - Text Writer
    Vikrant1986 - 3D artist
    Kallikratis - 3D Artist
    Goscinio - Lead 3D artist
    Swampthing - For his stats balancing system
    King Louise Assurbanipal - For skins/Models
    Alxcruel - For Skins/Models
    TheLordskinner - For original Forums
    Julius caesar - For coding
    Irish Lord - For Skins
    Bananafish - For research
    Swordfish - For early Website development and Music
    Darkragnar - For Indian Music
    Mr Jones - For research
    VandalCarthage - Historian
    wipeout140 - For coding
    Antiochus Epiphanes - For skinning
    Lentonius - For skin/model

Special thanks:
    CA - for making the marvel that RTW is
    Faeghi - Creator of Rise of Persia
    Hegemonia - for the Makedonian army
    Rome Total Realism - for allowing the use of several models
    Europa Barbarorum - For their animations pack
    Professor420 - for his work on the Median King model
    Halie Satanus - for his work on the Median army
    Uranos - for his work on the campaign and the camp. map textures
    Xfire - for his camp. map textures
    Malrubius and the TTO - for creating the GAFH (Genetics, Aging, Family and Health) mod
    Fourth Age TW - for their double horse model (four-horsed chariot)
    Dark Fenrir - For several models and skins
    Lupus_Gr - For several faction Icons
    Pinarius - for his horse models

Conditions of use:

This mod is for personal use only, anyone who wishes to use parts of our mod in a non-ROP modification of their own must obtain the express permission of the Rise of Persia team first.
    Enjoy!

Contact Information

Dev Forums: https://www.riseofpersia.com/forums
    Forums at TWCenter: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=65
    Last edited by Gigantus; November 11, 2023 at 08:33 AM. Reason: updated links to https, redirected 2.22 patch download to ModDB
    Automating RTW Coding and Balancing with PHP and MySQL (online)

Lead developer of:

Latest RoP Release: ROP v2.2
    Under the Patronage of the magnificent Rez

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Default Re: ROP v2.2 Released!

Just noted this thread, cool Nero ... now reading the looong post and will dl/install

Edit: Dl finished. Will express my game experience (compared to former version) soon, thanks RoP team!
    Last edited by DaVinci; May 11, 2008 at 07:07 PM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Awesome!
    The Canadian Corps: Mount Sorrel, 2nd Ypres, Vimy, Arleux, Hill 70, Passchendaele, Amiens, Hindenburg Line, Canal du Nord, Mons.

icydawgfish's Avatar Campidoctor

Sweet, I'll have to give this a go. I'm glad to hear that the battle CTD bugs have been fixed.

"I used to eat people, but now I'm full."

Ephialtes The Dog's Avatar Vicarius
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head!!!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "So there I am, in Sri Lanka, formerly Ceylon, at about 3 o'clock in the morning, looking for one thousand brown M&Ms to fill a brandy glass, or Ozzy wouldn't go on stage that night. So, Jeff Beck pops his head 'round the door, and mentions there's a little sweets shop on the edge of town. So - we go. And - it's closed. So there's me, and Keith Moon, and David Crosby, breaking into that little sweets shop, eh. Well, instead of a guard dog, they've got this bloody great big Bengal tiger. I managed to take out the tiger with a can of mace, but the shopowner and his son... that's a different story altogether. I had to beat them to death with their own shoes. Nasty business, really. But, sure enough, I got the M&Ms, and Ozzy went on stage and did a great show."

-Del Preston

Titus's Avatar Ordinarius

Thanks very very very much guys!

Gen.jamesWolfe's Avatar Vicarius

thanks! MAda prepare to be PWND!

Have fun playing everyone Hope to see lots of AARs tomorrow morning when I wake up lol

Lead developer of:

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Quote Originally Posted by Nero666 View Post
    Have fun playing everyone Hope to see lots of AARs tomorrow morning when I wake up lol

Sorry, see bugreport, the file structure doesn't fit ... there can't be any AAR's
    Last edited by DaVinci; May 11, 2008 at 08:29 PM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Yay!

First post in this forum. That doesn't mean I haven't played this mod before. Now with the switch mod feature and the new additions, this is going to be great. Congratulations! I'll download this baby right now!

The installer has been fixed, you can now successfully install ROP v2.2!
    If you have already downloaded and installed ROP v2.2 before this post, here are alternative install instructions:
    -Open the root of the RomeTW directory to which you have installed ROP v2.2
    -Delete the "ROP" folder inside it
    -Install ROP v2.2 from the new installer, available from this link: http://www.riseofpersia.com/downloads/?id=2
    -Play from the "Rise of Persia" shortcut on your desktop

If you didn't download and install ROP yet, you can proceed according to the same install instructions as in the first post of this thread:
    Guide: -mod switch and installation

We are now using the -mod:mymod switch to make ROP more user friendly, by preventing the overwriting of original game files. ROP still requires the RTW folder to which it is installed to be unmodded, and of course it should be RTW v1.5. These are the step-by-step installation instructions:
    -Download ROP v2.2 from http://www.riseofpersia.com/downloads/?id=2 [~178 MB. Downloads via mirror-rotator script, PM us if you're having difficulties].
    -Install ROP to the root of an unmodded installation of RTW v1.5.
    -Play ROP by clicking the "Rise of Persia" shortcut on your desktop.

Lead developer of:

Titus's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: ROP v2.2 Released - [Installer fixed!]

Thanks Nero666. Now onto downloading!
    Last edited by Titus; May 12, 2008 at 07:40 AM.

Was it because of the unfixed installer that I suddenly lost the download on 95% hours ago???

Most probably - I deleted the original one and then started uploading the new installer like 2 hours ago

Lead developer of:

Agisilaos's Avatar GREECE - ΕΛΛΑΔΑ

congratulations Nero666 for you and your team. i downloaded a few hours ago the first link at the 1st post. i have not installed it yet, but is there any difference between these 2 installations?
    Macedones were, are and will always be Greeks
    Under the Noble Patronage of jimkatalanos and proud patron of Agis Tournas and cocobongoclub-DJ
    Terrae Expugnandae, Imperial Might, Mythology, Complete Byzantine Roster, Ruins of glory, Sparta 3, Hegemonia City States, Roma Surrectum 2,300 Warlords of Sparta, Sparta 3.5, Classical Age Total War
    watch this
    , this and this
    Τακτική είναι να ξέρεις τι να κάνεις αν υπάρχει κάτι που μπορείς να κάνεις.
    Στρατηγική είναι να ξέρεις τι να κάνεις όταν δεν υπάρχει τίποτα να κάνεις.

Yes, the initial installer was broken, producing some bugs in the file system. Therefore it's recommended to redownload and then install.

Lead developer of:

Agisilaos's Avatar GREECE - ΕΛΛΑΔΑ

ok thanks Nero
    Macedones were, are and will always be Greeks
    Under the Noble Patronage of jimkatalanos and proud patron of Agis Tournas and cocobongoclub-DJ
    Terrae Expugnandae, Imperial Might, Mythology, Complete Byzantine Roster, Ruins of glory, Sparta 3, Hegemonia City States, Roma Surrectum 2,300 Warlords of Sparta, Sparta 3.5, Classical Age Total War
    watch this
    , this and this
    Τακτική είναι να ξέρεις τι να κάνεις αν υπάρχει κάτι που μπορείς να κάνεις.
    Στρατηγική είναι να ξέρεις τι να κάνεις όταν δεν υπάρχει τίποτα να κάνεις.

Phalanx300's Avatar Protector Domesticus

When I try to install it and press download it is skipping all the things it should download? Anyone knows how this can happen?(I downloaded the newest installer, so not the corrupt one).

Ok.... Ive tried to download it for the second time with the said fixed installer then after an 1 hour of downloading ( it has still another hour before it is completed) It suddenly stop and said the download is complete at 79.0 mb
    and when I tried to run it, an error message appeared and said that the installer is either corrupt, virus or failure in download????:hmmm:

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast