Thread: mongols

Default mongols

why cant u play as the mongols? i mean u can play as everyone else but why isnt there a mongol campaign? i would love to play as the muslim mongols but like every other medieval game u cant play as the mongols in broken cresent, please can someone tell me why. ps broken cresent is a great mod thanks guys.

Otsman's Avatar Senator

Default Re: mongols

you can't because of what i assume are coding issues (they appear like 100 or some turns into the game) they still retain their vanilla units which are very exciting. and when you say "muslim", are you talking about the Ilkhanate, because that is much later and would have to be it's own faction from the start

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ilkhanate

I see a mini-mod in the future that will let you play as the Mongols. As it is now, they show up many turns later and even then they would not be the Muslim Mongols.

I -highly- reccomend a campaign with the Great Seljuks or Kypchaks.

Mega Tortas de Bodemloze's Avatar Let's Get After It
    Fort Hood, Texas/Parramatta, New South Wales, Bristol, Tennessee

I concur with Kennylz....try playing the Kychaks or Great Suljuks. It will give you a true HA faction experiance unlike vanila where Mongols are already stacked and there's no challenge or accomplishment cuz you basically shooting fish in a barrel. Now if you absoulutely must play as The Great Scurge I believe that their playable in SS, use Forum Jump at the bottom right hand of this page
    scroll down about ten clicks.
    Last edited by Mega Tortas de Bodemloze; May 11, 2008 at 02:40 AM.
    A Lion serves in Winter, then perhaps a Unicorn for the Spring.

If you cannot stand behind what you say.... then do not speak. If your words are taken out of context,
    then the weight of the evidence will still fall in your favor and carry the day

The Casual Tortoise: Mega's Guide to Fast Turtling