Thread: Script error with New Shadow

Default Script error with New Shadow

This is my first time trying to get a mod for total war so im hoping im not just doing a stupid mistake, but it'll open up the first screen with the sega logo but the exits and says there is a script error in

bi\ci/data/descr_event_images.txt, at line 2905, column 1. Unknown event string settlement_razed.

i have the gold edition but finally got it set to the right path. before i changed the path it said it was an illegal instruction

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

Default Re: Script error with New Shadow

That error is one of a few that pops up when the would-be player installs it incorrectly.

If you read the instructions carefully you cannot go wrong. Let us know if you do not understand anything.

Here's some who had a similar problem:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ed#post2252101
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

I have the same problem but i have done all the correct steps to install it at least 5 times and it never works
    Last edited by Aradan; June 16, 2012 at 11:24 AM.

If you go to your BI Options screen, what is the number on the top-right corner?

It says 1.6

Has the mod been installed in the proper directory? Do you now have a .../Rome - Total War/bi/ci/data folder structure?
    If you are using Vista or Windows &, please also try deleting your Virtual Store before launching the mod.

I have gold edition, does the bi/ci folder structure still apply?

Actually just looked at it and i do have the .../Rome - Total War/bi/ci/data folder structure but every time i try to install the mod it has a script error

Thangaror's Avatar Senator

Yes. What changes is that RTW-Gold is installed in the Creative Assembly directory.
    I would rather have a memory that is fair but unfinished than one that goes on to a grievous end.

Yes it is in that folder