Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Which of these factions would you say has the best military all around?

Icon5 Which of these factions would you say has the best military all around?

Armenia, Parthia, Scythia?
    The whole world is in chess. Any move can be the death of you.
    Baldwin IV

Default Re: Which of these factions would you say has the best military all around?

Armenia, just my opinion.

Default Re: Which of these factions would you say has the best military all around?

Rome, they have the best mobile infantry, really good heavy cavalry, all the artillery and good temples to support them.
    Every time you :wub:, god kills another kitten.
    If you're gonna hire Machete to kill the bad guy, you better make damn sure the bad guy isn't YOU!

'I understand, and I take the light into my soul. I will become the spear of Khaine. Lightning flashes, blood falls, death pierces the darkness.' , Dhrykna.

Xavier Dragnesi's Avatar Esse quam videre

Yeah Romans are the best all rounders, but that's also one of their weaknesses, because they need some of each troop type to make use of their all round abilities.

gobbothegreen's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Confederate Jeb View Post
    Armenia, just my opinion.
    I agree with that

Armenia, Parthia, Scythia

Are the choices...

Out of the three I saw Parthias has it good. Than again Armernia has Cataphracts too if I recall.

Civis

One more vote for Armenia

If we are talking Multiplayer then I would say in low money Scythia, because of the cheap Head hunting Maidens however 15k and over I would pick Parthia because of the Camel Cat's and the superb Horse Archers

Armenia because I think they have some good heavy spearmen aswell as decent cavalry.

Prince_of_Macedon's Avatar Πρίγκηψ της Μακεδονίας

Low Denarii MP With CWB Rules
    If it's those 3 fighting against each other only, then I'd pick Scythia. But in terms of fighting other factions, Armenia has the best arsenal.

By the way, I'm moving this to Battle Planning where all of the other "Which Faction is better" threads are located.
    Last edited by Prince_of_Macedon; May 09, 2008 at 08:41 PM.
    HOW TO PLAY EMPIRE TOTAL WAR OFFLINE

"It is a lovely thing to live with courage and to die leaving behind an everlasting renown." - ALEXANDER THE GREAT

Watch my online-commentary battles here
    Under the Patronage of Hader

Indefinitely Banned

Out of those 3, definitely Armenia. They have the same light and cataphract cavalry potentiol as Parthia, but with access to some decent infantry too. Definitely one of my favorite factions of RTW and mods.

The Good's Avatar the Bad and the Ugly

Armenia is probably the best out of the Scythians or Parthians. If you think about it, Parthians and Scythians have very poor infantry units, while the Armenians are able to train Heavy Spearmen (Phalanx formation too) and even imitations of the Roman Legionaries!

But you don't need infantry in your armies, not in single or multiplayer. I have used all cavalry armies to defeat armies with infantry.
    You have to work for your money, but it is possible. Still, I would say Armenia for the combination of cataphracts and cataphract archers.
    Every time you :wub:, god kills another kitten.
    If you're gonna hire Machete to kill the bad guy, you better make damn sure the bad guy isn't YOU!

'I understand, and I take the light into my soul. I will become the spear of Khaine. Lightning flashes, blood falls, death pierces the darkness.' , Dhrykna.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsworn View Post
    Than again Armernia has Cataphracts too if I recall.
    they're nasty, my nan has them in her eyes.

Armenia, obviosly! even though I don't like them.

I actualy think Macedonia, cavalry and pikemen together can be deadly.

Defenatly Armania, if you are playing an Imperial Campaign.

Parthins may have the edge on a single battle because of their Persian Cavalry, Elephants and Cataphract Camels, but you need good solid infantry to win an Imperial Campaign.

Parthian and Scythian cavalry may be superior, but they have next to nothing in infantry. Armenian infantry can fair quite well against most.

Icon5 Re: Which of these factions would you say has the best military all around?

Quote Originally Posted by Aegrim View Post
    they're nasty, my nan has them in her eyes.
    Cataphracts are aromoured horses, you do relise that right.
    The whole world is in chess. Any move can be the death of you.
    Baldwin IV

Prince_of_Macedon's Avatar Πρίγκηψ της Μακεδονίας

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Tom View Post
    Cataphracts are aromoured horses, you do relise that right.
    He realizes that, which was why he made that pun.

Anyway, back to the topic...
    HOW TO PLAY EMPIRE TOTAL WAR OFFLINE

"It is a lovely thing to live with courage and to die leaving behind an everlasting renown." - ALEXANDER THE GREAT

Watch my online-commentary battles here
    Under the Patronage of Hader

Caesar_1991's Avatar Miles

Defiantly Armania because threy have cataphracts and legionaries.

hundredth post WOO HOO!!!

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast