Thread: Perplexing show_err

Default Perplexing show_err

Ok, i get a very strange show error. It tells me that my settlement name is not in the stringtable, ok, that is easy to fix. But the issue was that the faction name was "romans_julii"

I took a look at the line that it pointed me to in the descr_regions.txt

the line was the faction creator line and it read romans_julii liek the show error, but it thought that was my settlement name, which was Messana. it completely skipped the settlement line!

entry:

sicily_r1
    Messana_________<actual settlement line
    romans_julii_______<line that it show_erred. thinks is settlement line
    Etruscans
    162 66 186
    slaves, lead, silver

I don't get it, I know how to insert new regions and I have never got such a strange error before, could someone help me.

I am really perplexed, It makes no sense.

Thanks,
    HiiMmyself

From the mouth of the one and only Casca... (If you like the play Julius Caesar or just think Casca is awesome, add this to your sig.)

Default Re: Perplexing show_err

Do you have both the triumph value and the farming value? I don't know if that matters or not, but it might. And you are using RTW.exe, not BI.exe, right?

Athkara's Avatar Tiro

I got that error too recently, I think I fixed it by just deleting all the entries for the settlement and redoing it; it was weird...
    260 BC: Asia ton Barbaron - submod for EB ------- Yuezhi/Wusun historian and mapper
    Asia ton Barbaron Map Preview I
    Asia ton Barbaron Map Preview II

[deleted]

SORRY CEASARVINCINS, you have solved my prob. thanks
    Last edited by HiiMmyself; May 08, 2008 at 08:56 PM.

From the mouth of the one and only Casca... (If you like the play Julius Caesar or just think Casca is awesome, add this to your sig.)

Your welcome.