Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: HRR Screenshot thread

Default Re: HRR Screenshot thread

AnthoniusII asked me to post some pics of CBUR units in dHRR, and I thought I'd combine that with the presentation of some new units.

So here it is, the battle of

Prince Isaak Komnenos vs. King Robert of Sicily

Starting statistics:

The Sicilan column advances:

You can see Argent Usher's Real Horses as well as some of our new sergeants in the foreground.

King Roger and his household troops. followed by the cream of the Norman's Knights:

As the battle lines are drawn, it becomes clear that the Roman battle line is far longer than the Sicilan one. A unit of Scholarii takes up position on the Roman far right flank, accompanied by a unit of Pronoiarii:

A view of the opening stages of the battle. A unit of Pronoiarii and a unit of Archontopoulai try to flank the Sicilian's right wing:

Roger sends out two units of Norman Knights and one unit of Mounted Sergeants to intercept them:

The 2nd unit of Pronoiarii counter-charges:

Meanwhile, the Roman battle line advances. The Sicilian Muslim archers have caused some casualties already,...

... but they are caught by the Roman skirmishers who are far superior in close combat. The Muslims have to retreat behind the Norman batltle line:

The cavalry battle on the Norman right wing continues. Series of charge and counter-charge take place:

Finally, the Normans defeat the Roman cavalry, who flee:

Isaak orders his now exposed left wing to climb up the ridge that devides the Roman line, to get some height advantage:

An other view of the same scene:

The victorious Norman right wing cavalry forces attack the Roman left flank's infantry:

Almost at the same time Robert launches an all-out-attack and soon every unit on the field is engaged:

This happened just as the Scholarii were on their way from the right flank to reinforce the left flank. They way was barred by a unit of Sergeants in the middle of the battle line:

Seeing that his knights can not overthrow the Roman left flank, Robert and his bodyguard charge in themselves:

Meanwhile the Norman Knights and Sergeants from their left wing have managed to attack the back of the Roman right flank, and start to rout the light troop there:

Soon the whole Roman right flank is smashed:

The only unit left in the centre are the Scholarii, who refuse to flee or die:

Seeing the battle lost, Isaak finally charges into the fray with his bodyguard, seeking a honourful death in battle:

The Scoutatoi on the far left Roman flank seem to be of an especially stubborn breed. Even when it is obvious that the battle has been lost, they keep fighting the best of the Normans!

Meanwhile in the centre, the last Scholari dies, surrounded by all Knights from the Norman left flank:

Isaak's last charge:

A minute later he and the stubborn Scoutatoi all lay dead in the field, while the rest was in full flight. The outcome was:

NOTES:
    A great battle with many heroic scenes (at least on the Roman side). I think I only won this because I played the battle on the default battle difficulty (medium?). If you look carefully, you may see many new units that have not yet been previewed.

Cheers,
    D.

Retired creator of 'Das Heilige Römische Reich' - Get v. 0.7 here.
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Visit my homepage.
    --------------------------------------------
    Proud son of jimkatalanos, grandson of Garbarsardar and father of DerDiskusWerfer and HannibalExMachina.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Nice battle....
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

nice battle dim.

btw, it seems you have not yet added the new texture for the king of sicily, hope theres nothing wrong with it?

I really love this pictures! the skins are amazing and very historical accurated! Very good work! I can't wait for this new version!

Quote Originally Posted by wolfen_84 View Post
    I really love this pictures! the skins are amazing and very historical accurated! Very good work! I can't wait for this new version!
    They are acurate becouse experts of factions creating are involved in this mod!!!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    They are acurate becouse experts of factions creating are involved in this mod!!!
    Ehehehe! i see, you are great! If you need some info about communal army, ask!

Quote Originally Posted by wolfen_84 View Post
    Ehehehe! i see, you are great! If you need some info about communal army, ask!
    Thanks mate i will!

pchalk's Avatar Domesticus

The Great Battle for Athens, sort of. lol i thought this was funny, im sure some of u have taken a city without casualties before but maybe not one where the Byzantine Emporer was the passive one.
    Last edited by pchalk; October 29, 2008 at 11:14 PM.

Please excuse me if this is the wrong thread to ask, but I have taken several screen shots in game and am loath to see that I cannot find where the pictures end up. Any ideas on what folder screenshots are sent to with default settings?

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kamikaze View Post
    Please excuse me if this is the wrong thread to ask, but I have taken several screen shots in game and am loath to see that I cannot find where the pictures end up. Any ideas on what folder screenshots are sent to with default settings?
    Hey mate, try SEGA/Medieval II Total War/tgas. That's where I found mine, eventually.

Some pictures from the Bohemian capture of Gydanzik (or however it's spelt):
    The battle to capture the gateway is fierce, so the general leads his cavalry towards the battle.

They rout the enemy quickly and force their way in.

Some Lithuanian and Polish cavalry archers create an obstacle, but they are overcome.

Very nice screens! Keep 'em coming!

Visit my homepage.
    Proud son of jimkatalanos, grandson of Garbarsardar and father of DerDiskusWerfer and HannibalExMachina.

Indefinitely Banned

Nine pics here, so I'll put them in spoilers. Some background: I invaded Saxony because they attacked Lower Lorraine. I also have had my eye on a few of their cities...Franconia, the Lorraines, and Swabia followed me in war. Basically Saxony is in trouble.

In and around Lubeck, two of my armies met three armies from Saxony. Going into the battles, it was the Duke of Saxony vs the Prince of Bohemia, as well as my 25-year old prodigy with 9 command stars(!!!), and some family member from Saxony. At the end of the next three battles, only my prince would survive...epic is too weak of a word to describe these battles.

So here are some pics!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

unrelated fighting south of Gydanzik, those pesky Lithuanians

German and Bohemian knights meet in battle during the first attack

Bohemian knights cut off by troops from Saxony

the Prince of Bohemia routs the Duke of Saxony but cannot catch him

There were two distinct battles on both the east and west side of Lubeck. The prince's troops were on the west, as seen here. Take that, captain!

The Duke rides out to rally his troops but his bodyguard is weak.

The Prince's prize city is obscured by heavy snow

The Duke, having wounded many, is forced to flee to his walls. He is intercepted en route and captured.

Saxony couldn't afford this ransom..darn

Great characterful pics, telling a nice story! I guess that 22853 Florins would have come in handy?

Visit my homepage.

and my contribute to this wonderful mod

The soldier vs The general (wide pic)

Wow... Would you mind if I turn this one into a loading screen for dHRR? I'll give full credit of course!

In any case: thanks for posting that great pic here!

Cheers,
    D.

Visit my homepage.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_Harkov View Post
    Wow... Would you mind if I turn this one into a loading screen for dHRR? I'll give full credit of course!

In any case: thanks for posting that great pic here!

Cheers,
    D.
    off course u can and it will be an honour for me
    btw i think i will make some more i think in winter season

A new one any comments are wellcome

(wide pic)

Very good - one can almost feel the 'tension'

I wish I could make such high quality pics! Really great work.

Cheers,
    D.

Visit my homepage.

I'm speechless, Giovi, really I am; have some well-deserved rep for your fantastic screenshots.

i am glad that my work si appreciated btw it's bit difficul to take great screens without custom battle beacuse i am concentrate on the battle andi can't chose the time snow ecc.. and i can't use the cinematic editor to make screen like this
    sry for the offtopic
    (wide pic)

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast