Thread: The King and I

Default The King and I

I have started a new campaign in .951 and joined up with the Nords because they were at war with 3 nations and I wanted to keep busy. I'm a merc. capt. and have been for several weeks. JHowever, my king never requests that I join his army while they are on the move. I did once recieve a call but, it was right after they had stormed several castles and retreated back to the capitol to regroup.

I've been following the Nordish king for many weeks hoping to get the call to arms, but alas nothing. He gives no missions when I ask and appears to enjoy running from one village to another lotting, but not staying long enough to do so. What can I do to tempt my king into allowing me to fight with him? How do I get him to stop randomly looting villages and start killing some folks like a proper king?

I'm starting to think I should let him get captured, at least when my other king was captured I got called to Lord Vuldrat all the time for warparties.

Thanks for any advice!

Devoirs The Empress
    The Lordz Modding Collective
    "The LMC expects every modder to do his Duty" - not by Lord Nelson
    "Blow it out your arse." - Halie Satanus
    The Eagle Standard

Default Re: The King and I

I've noticed the same thing in 951... the call to arms is almost none existent for me, all I get to do is deliver mail and kill outlaws.

I went with the Nords as well Maybe it's just the nords have you tried with other factions?
    Remember to pillage BEFORE you burn!

I got a call to arms, had 4 days to reply and then got told I had failed the "quest" two days into it. Looks like kingie-bou does not like going to war.

My savegame has been corrupted as well! I'm unable to save or load my Nord game. I think that it's time to start over with another faction. My Nord game is lost.

I'll report back with my new game and faction and see what comes up. I'll try the blue dudes.

Devoirs The Empress
    The Eagle Standard

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

I wish I was you. I get the call to arms quest all the fupin' time. I can't do anything else

I worked for the Swadians a bit I just kept getting one after the other I was glad when my contract was done we'd went on like 4 warpaths.

Quote Originally Posted by Empress Meg View Post
    I got a call to arms, had 4 days to reply and then got told I had failed the "quest" two days into it. Looks like kingie-bou does not like going to war.

My savegame has been corrupted as well! I'm unable to save or load my Nord game. I think that it's time to start over with another faction. My Nord game is lost.

I'll report back with my new game and faction and see what comes up. I'll try the blue dudes.

Devoirs The Empress
    If the campaign ends before you report, you get the failed status on the quest. Also, playing as for the Nords or the Swadians i had call to arms almost all the time.

The calls to arms appear much less frequent overall in 951 compared to 950 (they were all but continuous for me in 950) but it does seem for example that your contract actually expires now. In my 950 game it's now me calling the strategic shots and deciding when to campaign, but it's still somewhat buggy, maybe it's better in 951.

Antagonist
    "is ait an mac an saol"

"If you grow tired of how you live, then follow me, and we will show you a different way."

Arthurian: Total War
    Wrath of the Norsemen
    Viking Invasion II

Zephrelial's Avatar Eternal Sorrow
    An ancient castle on a steep windy mountain peak.. away from all mortal eyes...

That's quite weird Meg.The Khan does never let me be,constantly giving me new tasks.I'm also a mercenary captain for the Khergit at 0.951.:hmmm: The best way to roleplay a nord mercenary captain btw is wielding a two-handed double axe,fighting on foot 10 athletics and 10 power strike.
    Last edited by Zephrelial; May 07, 2008 at 05:47 PM.
    Shine on you crazy diamond...

Empress you should do an AAR called "The King and I"

Sidus Preclarum's Avatar Honnête Homme.

I've been following King Ragnar of the Nords for like 1 months in his campaign. Except his idea of campaigning seems to be to take a castle (with horrible losses...) , running back and fro between 2 veagirs villages, and then running in circles for weeks sending me to scout a few spots now and then.
    Fortunately, I apparently have anough time before I stay away from him too long to go back to my village if a building is completed, or make a few attacks around the area...

The blue guys did not have anyone they were fighting with for many weeks, so I joined the organde fellers. I have been a Lord, not just a merc. capt. for over two months (game months) and have been called once. I don't think my version works.

It appears it's not faction related in short.

@Sidus Preclarum I saw that happen with the green fellers when I was playing as them. The marshal wandered from castle to castle, never attacking. At least as you say, it gave time for some attacks on nearby bandits and sworn enemies.

@Armatus, I would but alors, I am so busy lately. Perhaps when things settle down and I have some time I might do a little AAR action, it'll be pretty boring though:

"War party marched aimlessly across the map for 7 days, camped out castle gobblygook for 5 days, left to seige castle oobboog for 5, returned to castle gobblygook for 7 more days. Ordered to purchase 87 heads of cattle, declined mission. Stole cheese from peasants."

Devoirs The Empress
    The Eagle Standard

Quote Originally Posted by Empress Meg View Post
    =

@Armatus, I would but alors, I am so busy lately. Perhaps when things settle down and I have some time I might do a little AAR action, it'll be pretty boring though:

"War party marched aimlessly across the map for 7 days, camped out castle gobblygook for 5 days, left to seige castle oobboog for 5, returned to castle gobblygook for 7 more days. Ordered to purchase 87 heads of cattle, declined mission. Stole cheese from peasants."

Devoirs The Empress

That's ok as long as there's plenty of visuals to go along with the story I'll be entertained