Thread: Just a bit of encouragment

Default Just a bit of encouragment

Hey, I've been following your mod for some time now, and just wanted to say keep up the good work. In my opinion this is the best location/time frame I've seen for a mod yet. Not to say that other time periods in history aren't just as interesting, it's just that ancient warfare, especially early Roman/late Etruscan/Greek warfare simply amazing. I modded a China Total War mod for RTW, so I'd like to think I can tell when a mod really has what it takes to be great, and so far this looks amazing. The unit renders look good, but what you plan to implement on the campaign map sounds even better. Good luck, and stick with it you'll be happy you did in the end.

Oh yea, and I'd suggest asking other mod creators, such as a diplomacy mod if you could use there scripting, as diplomacy (strong alliances) will be very needed in a area such as this, with so many factions of the same culture/religion etc....

Opifex

Default Re: Just a bit of encouragment

Well I entirely agree with your diplomacy-mod suggestion. We for one plan to make Heavy use of the campaign and battle AI mods out there, either xeryx's or lusted's. We wouldn't be satisfied with a run-of-the-mill vanilla AI, and in our mod you can expect as determined and awesomely-equiped armies as a modder can make them.

And thanks for the encouragement, it certainly is nice to hear other people's commendations.

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty,
    the tranquility of servitude greater than
    the animating contest for freedom, go
    home from us in peace. We seek not
    your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch
    down and lick the hand that feeds you,
    and may posterity forget that ye were
    our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

Hister's Avatar Domesticus

Yeah, thank you bthizle1
    PROUD MEMBER OF PAENINSULA ITALICA TEAM

For M2TW PI forum click here.
    For RTW PI forum click here.

Quote Originally Posted by bthizle1 View Post
    Hey, I've been following your mod for some time now, and just wanted to say keep up the good work. In my opinion this is the best location/time frame I've seen for a mod yet. Not to say that other time periods in history aren't just as interesting, it's just that ancient warfare, especially early Roman/late Etruscan/Greek warfare simply amazing. I modded a China Total War mod for RTW, so I'd like to think I can tell when a mod really has what it takes to be great, and so far this looks amazing. The unit renders look good, but what you plan to implement on the campaign map sounds even better. Good luck, and stick with it you'll be happy you did in the end.

Oh yea, and I'd suggest asking other mod creators, such as a diplomacy mod if you could use there scripting, as diplomacy (strong alliances) will be very needed in a area such as this, with so many factions of the same culture/religion etc....
    Thanks a lot for your kind words ...a really appreciated encouragement.

PAENINSULA ITALICA project creator