Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cataphract Skins

sabaku_no_gaara's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Default Cataphract Skins

Could someone make some good screenshots of the MTWII Dvor cavalry and Berdishe axemen, preferably with their armour upgrade when they get the facemask. I want to lobby implementing this in M&B so some reference pictures would be nice.And you guys seem to be good at taking screenshots, I tried to take some but don't find them back on my pc

Default Re: Not 100% related but..

I have the screens you are looking for, but I need to dig them up.

Moving this to the mods section

Default Re: Not 100% related but..

Quote Originally Posted by Armatus View Post
    I have the screens you are looking for, but I need to dig them up.

Moving this to the mods section
    Thanks mate.

Default Re: Dvor skin

Give me another couple days and I'll get some stuff posted up. Wouldn't these be Boyar?

I've posted some reference pictures of the helmet over at TW, the Dvor at first don't have the mask IIRC but later after an armour upgrade, they get it

Behold beauty;

Aparently the helmet is called an litchina

back

something special

What is it with asia and badass armour?

Turkeys!'s Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald von Wolkenstein View Post
    I think some people cut D'vor skin and some don't
    haha!
    Like Neverwinter Nights? Wondering where to go now that the old NWN Vault is gone? Come visit the new one at http://neverwintervault.org/!

Quote Originally Posted by sabaku_no_gaara View Post

Aparently the helmet is called an litchina
    Litchina (Литчина) refers to the mask only, the helmet is just 'helmet' (Shlem/Шлем).

IIRC, the Rus first came accross this type of helmet while trading in Persia, and it made an impression on them, so they started using it themselves. It evolved a little bit, you can see some differences with the Persian one, but the principle remained the same.

Quote Originally Posted by ivan_the_terrible View Post
    Litchina (Литчина) refers to the mask only, the helmet is just 'helmet' (Shlem/Шлем).

IIRC, the Rus first came accross this type of helmet while trading in Persia, and it made an impression on them, so they started using it themselves. It evolved a little bit, you can see some differences with the Persian one, but the principle remained the same.
    Where did you learn that information? I know something like these helmets may have existed in the Sassanid era as was reported by the likes of Ammianus Marcellinus "Their infantry are armed like gladiators"

Alright here's a picture from the video I made my other sig from that you referring to. I think there's much more variety in the mods on here in TWC so I'll look for some others. Also there's a lot of these masked helmets in art work in the research threads so we have plenty to use really.

Where did you learn that information? I know something like these helmets may have existed in the Sassanid era as was reported by the likes of Ammianus Marcellinus "Their infantry are armed like gladiators"
    He's Russian?

The vikings never had anything like that, neither did the slavs, so they must have come from contact with the Persians or Turkic steppe tribes considering both groups had them.

I'm really not sure....I remember reading about it, but exactly where escapes me at the moment. I'm reasonably sure its well-established that the masks came from Persia, and not a wild theory or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Serious Spamurai View Post
    The vikings never had anything like that, neither did the slavs, so they must have come from contact with the Persians or Turkic steppe tribes considering both groups had them.
    Yes, probably. I would say its more than likely that Turkic people got it from Persians as well, since Turkic people that were not near Persia didn't have anything even remotely similar.

Btw, the helmets were often just whatever people could get their hands on, so could well have been Viking-type (Nordic), or Slavic.

You know the Sassanians were a Persian dynasty right?

You know the Sassanians were a Persian dynasty right?
    You mean the Sassanids? Of course. Took over from the Parthians IIRC, and fell to the Arabs...

Do you mind if I retitle this thread and open to all things cataphract in nature?

Speaking of Persian I wouldn't mind having some of this mail and horse barding either
    Last edited by Armatus; June 01, 2008 at 10:01 AM. Reason: removed possible copywritten image

That would look nice for Khergits. I really do think the Horses with armour in the game need a bit more variety armour wise.
    Like Neverwinter Nights? Wondering where to go now that the old NWN Vault is gone? Come visit the new one at http://neverwintervault.org/!

Do you mind if I retitle this thread and open to all things cataphract in nature?
    What me? I dont mind

Quote Originally Posted by Turkeys! View Post
    That would look nice for Khergits. I really do think the Horses with armour in the game need a bit more variety armour wise.

Most definately and be able to purchase barding for any horse.

Quote Originally Posted by ivan_the_terrible View Post
    What me? I dont mind

no heh, sabaku_no_gaara

That gave me a idea

You know how the shields have the symbol on your banner? Maybe they can make it so that your horses bards [right word I hope?] also share the symbol on your banner. It would look pretty cool.

I don't mind mate

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast