Thread: This may be worth checking into...

Default This may be worth checking into...

Recently a thread known as "campaign ai - worse than vanilla ai" has been given a lot of attention - even from Lusted. He claims that KK has attempted to increase the difficulty of getting into alliances. I think he must have done quite the opposite. Copy and pasted from the other thread:

"My current campaign as the Danes in version 6.1. I am playing on VH/VH. Notice the # of turns. Also, notice that the ONLY other faction with alliances is Norway - and that's with the Knights Templar... Proof that the AI is not the smartest:

This is about half the amount of alliances I was offered. During my end-turn sequence, I get these all too often:

P.S. Before anyone asks, the only 'sub-mods' I have installed are RR and Total Combat. I do NOT have bygs III stuff installed - except the supply stuff of course."

If this isn't a bug, apologies in advance. I just thought that due to Lusted's comment, it might be worth noting that it's INCREDIBLY easy to get into alliances, and that it seems the AI isn't getting into much of any alliances at all...at least not until turn 40...and I have attempted 4 campaigns all with the same results. Also, I should further note here that I was offered alliances from Sicily, Spain, Crown of Aragon, Venice, Genoese, etc. ... just about every single Christian state except England, Scotland, and Ireland. Additionally, it's been noted that a person has conquered a city several times from an AI, and afterward offered peace and had it been accepted graciously...I know from my own experience that I can offer alliances in return for gold. It seems that, although aliances are worth their gold like it should be, the AI isn't smart enough to handle this...therefore we have a bigger problem than before.
    Last edited by Streen15; May 06, 2008 at 03:05 AM.

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

Default Re: This may be worth checking into...

What most likely is happening is that some settings in either the campaign_ai or diplomacy file are causing problems. It would be interesting to see if KK made any changes to my descr_diplomacy.xml for 6.0/6.1. If you could put it in a .zip and attatch it to your post fo me to look at I would be able to see if he's changed anything.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

Default Re: This may be worth checking into...

Here you go, should have the set now.

To err is human, but to really foul things up you need a computer.
    Paul Ehrlich