Thread: lone generals keep charging...

Default lone generals keep charging...

i know it's an old one from vanilla, but is there a way to fix this? cuz it just makes battles too damn easy and annoying really, enemy generals just go charge you right away with their armies still waaay back. it's especially annoying when you've a custom battle and want a large, set piece battle. then the enemy general ruins it by getting himself killed immediately.

or is it... that word, that dreaded word... hardcoded?! *gasps

Default Re: lone generals keep charging...

huh it never happens to me, enemy general only charges when his army is getting owned so hard and hes desperatedly tryin to do something

usually he just stays behind infantry and watches his soldiers massacred

Senator

not happening to me either. i use patch 1.4 for kingdoms and 6.1 for SS.

Same. Enemy general is usually killing my crossbowmen(who dont run away in time because their animation is long). Or charging my flank.

The BAI is fairly good about using his general actively but not suicidally at least in my game. The AI has some problems, like attacking uphill sometimes when they dont have to. Or when traveling long distances letting their archers get away from their line. And doesnt handle army sized flanking very well. But other than that kinda stuff, when it isnt doing something just dumb like standing their while my army moves behind it, the AI puts up a good fight.

really? so i'm alone on this one? it's been a perpetual problem for me, ever since vanilla.... lol guess i just hafta put up with