Thread: regarding some models and textures.

Default regarding some models and textures.

I posted this over at the Chamber of Records in the wrong mod forum. Apparently there are (or were) multiple third age mods for MTW2. This appears to be the correct forum so I'll put my final reply here.

-----------------------------AW
    Hi, its come to my attention that you are using many textures (and maybe some lower poly models) from the Last Days of the Third Age mod for Mount & Blade. I run that mod and would appreciate it if you would ask me in future before using our stuff.

Use what you have in now, no problem, but it's always polite to ask your fellow modders first and fully credit the source once you have permission. I have team members who worked quite hard on some of that stuff.

If the mod goes forward in future email me with a list of stuff youve already used and Ill provide the authors names for your credits.

Thanks.

-------------------------------------------Shredder
    Really it is very a pity to me: (. Once again I shall forgive pardons if I have offended you it. The reference to yours mod will be in credit undoubtedly.

However should tell once again, that I have considerably altered original textures.
    And I did not use model!
    ------------------------------------------
    Last edited by Ancientwanker; May 04, 2008 at 11:00 AM.

Default Re: regarding some models and textures.

Ok, what's done is done.

My only point is that I want my people credited for their work. In several cases this involves the work of TW modders as well (who did stuff for our mod). I can see some of professor420s stuff (from FATW) in there as well as Dablade and Merlkir from TLD.

So going forward *ask* for permission and credit at least the following for what youve already used:

The Last Days
    dablade
    merlkir
    professor420

And youll have to let me know what else youve used because thats just from briefly checking screenshots. Let me know via pm and Ill give you the author's names).
    Last edited by Ancientwanker; May 04, 2008 at 11:00 AM.

< Shved >'s Avatar Tiro

Ok guys I think yours mod dead...
    You will be port the last days on M&B 0.903 version?
    SHREDDER don't use MANY textures, he only used blue elves shield. Yours models not used
    Last edited by < Shved >; May 04, 2008 at 11:04 AM.
    Creator of Third Age Total War from M2TW:Kingdoms

"The battle for Middle-earth, has begun..."

THe current version of m&b is .950 and 1.0 will be out soon. We will port to 1.0 and are actively working on it.

Quote Originally Posted by < Shved > View Post
    Ok guys I think yours mod dead...
    You will be port the last days on M&B 0.903 version?
    SHREDDER don't use MANY textures, he only used blue elves shield. Yours models not used

That would be incorrect. Youll have to talk to shredder about what was used.

I'm trying to cut you a break here so do you really want to play games with me?

EDIT: And I fully understand that he has altered stuff, changed colors, added bits, etc. I get it. I'm just suggesting a little bit of credit for the original authors of various things and that you ask in future. I personally don't need credit, I didnt do that stuff.
    Last edited by SHREDDER; May 04, 2008 at 03:28 PM.

SHREDDER's Avatar Creator CoW, TATW, WF&S

This question already has been publicly solved yesterday with merlkir and Dain. I have apologized and have promised that all involved will be brought in credit. What for was to lift this theme again? It was possible to solve it through РМ
    ОК I used
    1. One textures of a board (dark blue)
    2. 3 textures of a body (аs a basis)
    this all.
    Last edited by SHREDDER; May 04, 2008 at 12:44 PM.
    3Dmodeller for Call of Warhammer Third Age With Fire and Sword 2 Hetmanat

Bes
    t Ukrainian site and forum Sich TotalWarS totalwar.fun/board/

I wasnt aware that merlkir or Dain had said anything when I posted this here. Beyond that, I am the mod leader so it needs to be resolved with me. I agree that it could have all been solved with a PM. If you were inclined to discuss it in PM I would have been quite easy to locate. So send one next time.

The issue is settled as far as I'm concerned.

Edit: if it's only the elven armors just credit the mod, Dablade and Merlkir. I dont know what the board is so I cant provide an author.
    Last edited by Ancientwanker; May 04, 2008 at 01:06 PM.

WImPyTjeH's Avatar Wimpy of the Sore Ass

Your team kinda acts like it's nothing to take textures from other mods and "change" them a bit, or take them if it's dead without asking (even though it isn't).

I don't want to bring this up again, but please ask first in the future, most modders have no problem with charing :wink:

Ancient:wub:
    The issue is settled as far as I'm concerned.
    I am glad.

I have understood all. In the future I shall ask.

The theme can be removed?

Bes

the last days mod for mount and blade was just horrbile i expeirence many problems with it and i was just disgusted by it. i hope this third age mod for rome total war is wayy better

and get over it stop whining your mod was horrible
    Last edited by SHREDDER; May 04, 2008 at 03:27 PM.

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

That's a little unkind, Leonidas.

It is important to ask for permission before anything is publicly distributed or shown. There was a mod for the Second Age (now dead) started some time ago where the creator took bits from both FATW and LOTRTW and posted screenshots without any credit to either of those mods. Developers do need to understand that this can be very disheartening to the original mod and its team who probably put a lot of time not only into the creation but also into the research and design of a unit. And most of the time mods will allow the use of their work, though personally I like to feel comfortable that the mod is likely to be completed before I make such agreements.
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

Merlkir's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by KingLeonidas300 View Post
    the last days mod for mount and blade was just horrbile i expeirence many problems with it and i was just disgusted by it. i hope this third age mod for rome total war is wayy better
    that might be the IQ test tutorial we've put in the last version, I can imagine you had some problems with that. Anyway, you were reported for an insult and for doubleposting buddy

Men - do not swear.

KingLeonidas300

Before something to abuse - all over again try to make something itself.

Bes

maximusminimus's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by KingLeonidas300 View Post
    Maybe it is horrible to you, but that's not relevant for what was being discussed here. Even if it was, there are many people who would disagree with you, I'm sure.

Check this out if you don't believe me:

http://www.mbrepository.com/modules/...p?cid=7&lid=61

148863 downloads has to mean something, don't you think?

Just for your information I am known as DaBlade in the M&B community, but I used to be an active member here at TWC, as some of the senior members must remember. I always respected every member (modder or not) and always credited every single person who contributed to my works for the TW series, so I expect to be treated the same way.

I understand Ancient:wub: (and other members of the TLD Team) already cleared things up here, so nothing more needs to be said.
    Last edited by maximusminimus; May 04, 2008 at 03:39 PM.

Download V. 1.0 here
    Discussion and updates here

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

My God. Some people are just dickheads. Seriously, I'd like to see your attempt at a mod. Really I just to punch you

Ok this issue has been resolved, SHREDDER only used a few things and has apologized for not giving them credit, but any further talk of this issue would be unnecessary, therefore I am going to close this thread.

Thread Closed
    Issue Resolved
    Son of _Pontifex_Father to Mithrandir
    - Citizen, Artifex, Civitate - Librarian

Third Age: Total War - Most Promising Mod of 2008
    2D Graphical Artist & Moderator