Thread: Poland modifications

Default Poland modifications

Hi! My first post here.

In few days I'll be installing MII:TW and mod it with CAE mod because I see it's best

I know that you will be releasing 1.5 ver. so I have one proposition/ask:

Could you divide Poland in more regions? Because historically Poland in XI century was divided in 6 regions:
    silesia
    great poland
    mazovia
    cracov
    sandomir
    pomeria
    something like this:

Is their a possibility we could discuss a little modifications to Poland regions?
    I can show you historical base for this changes

what do you think about it? PM me

(for you information I was playing for 3 years in a row Shogun, Medieval I, Rome - many mods, Rome Bi, Medieval II - vanilla. So I'm not a new guy who dosen't know what the game is all about)

EDIT: Poland was divided in many princedom after Bolesław III Wrymouth divided Poland to his sons to stop them from fighting between each other for the crown, so Poland can develop peacefully. He did not success because his sons was fighting each other and conquering their princedoms, after their death, the rule was taken by magnates and Poland remained divided in many princedoms for many years (1138-1320) until Władysław I the Elbow-high restored the institution of king, but he only had control over cracov and grand Poland, but after this in few years was connected again in one kingdom, which in years became one of europe's most powerful.

And now: Poland's should be divided in 6 regions as the map shows with the difference that pomerania should be next to teutonic order, pomerania was one of the most wealthiest regions in europe due to sea trade from which teutonic order had big profit and which Poland wanted to regain which provided to war (Poland vs TO).

Rest of regions should be as the map above shows, and at start Poland shoul control only cracovia and great poland and pomerania shoul be in TO controll, silesia in HRE controll and mazovia and sandomir should be rebell. I'n late ages Poland was very powerful and controling those regions (silesia, pomerania, gp, mazovia, sandomir, cracov) will be powerful with no need to spread over historical area.

To remind you Poland in union with Lithuania (Regnum Serenissimum Poloniae/Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth) destroyed Teutonic Order in XV century.

I hope I explained the whole thing right (to make you think about it )
    Last edited by Lisu; May 03, 2008 at 05:55 PM.

mistermasyl's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: Poland modifications

Poland didn't has Halicz in 1080 - the city was a capital of principality of Halicz-Włodzimierz. Poland should has Wroclaw instead Halicz.
    http://www.polskiedzieje.pl/mapy-gra...adyslaw_herman

I think you should change Kolobrzeg, Praga and Magdeburg for rebelion cities

Default Re: Poland modifications

The difference is that we cannot make factions appear in late years, because Teutonic Order was invited by Konrad I Mazowiecki XIII so we can't exacly imitate the history.