Page 1 of 39 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: Western Stainless Steel Campaign

Default Western Stainless Steel Campaign

Western Stainless Steel Campaign

*Note*
    I am the GameMaster, For any questions or requests concerning this game please
    Email me at Destinationcritical@gmail.com or send me a PM.

Settings:
    - Difficulty : Very Hard
    - Manage all cities = False
    - Show CPU Moves = False
    - Disable Console = True
    - No battle time limit = False
    - Autoresolve Battles = False
    - Use Passwords = True

IMPORTANT NOTICES:
    Multiplayer setup Guide
    Echad's SS Fix (required to play)

Order of Players
    thelord – England
    barcamartin – France
    Hellfire15 Holy Roman Empire
    TriforceV – Leon and Castille
    Doeko – Venice
    spartan-johnny – Scotland
    King YngvarAragon
    Echad
    Poqzt

Diplomatic Standings

Allies
    Leon and Castille --- France
    Leon and Castille --- Scotland
    Scotland --- France
    Holy Roman Empire --- France
    England --- Scotland

WAR
    Holy Roman Empire --- Venice

Destroyed Factions
    Aragon

*Rules*
    Your expected to play your turn every 48 hours or you will be replaced, exceptions will be given if you give prior notice. Turns are uploaded through the upload tool in the forum
    Do not cheat.
    ----------
    See the IMPORTANT NOTICES at the top of the thread, if you are unsure on how to setup the game for hotseat.
    ----------
    You must install Echad's fix for Stainless Steel to play (see link at top of the thread).
    ----------

Last edited by TriforceV; April 06, 2008 at 11:47 AM.

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: Western Stainless Steel Campaign

Man, that file fix is like 100 years old - EVERYONE, just install my 2.00 Fix Pack.

Why won't you use the Orginizer? It will automatically send the e-mail notice to you with all the passwords and info, and notify you of each completed turn, also giving you easy way to just forward the messages with the save and turn info to next player. =\

I think 6 players is VERY enought, as I'd like to have a fast game.

P.S. I like that Phase's games (which are adminned by me now) served as a template to ya! =) But the Multiplayer setup guide is not for SS, but for Vanilla! =\ The only links that you need is for Fix Pack and for Orginizer, if you'll change your mind and use it.
    Last edited by Echad; February 08, 2008 at 08:20 PM.

please no organizer. you can set me as confirmed!

thelord's Avatar Senator

yh theres nothing wrong with using the forums uploader. I will send my password in a sec triforce

edit : done
    Last edited by thelord; February 09, 2008 at 05:03 AM.

Poqzt's Avatar Ordinarius

What about field cost script and AI faction survival fix? What is the field cost script? Why not use autoresolve? Otherwise it will be VERY unfair for the defender... I could play out the battles, but it's more interesting with autoresolve!

thelord's Avatar Senator

battle difficulty is on very hard so will be fair

Quote Originally Posted by Poqzt View Post
    What about field cost script and AI faction survival fix? What is the field cost script? Why not use autoresolve? Otherwise it will be VERY unfair for the defender... I could play out the battles, but it's more interesting with autoresolve!
    I tend to agree with Poqzt
    However I think the majority of the players in SS would disagree, and either way I have no problem. There is a slight advantage for the attacker, but we all have our turns at attack.
    Brush up those battle skills

Quote Originally Posted by thelord View Post
    battle difficulty is on very hard so will be fair
    I could still exploit the AI for minimal losses.

Edit: btw, I won't install any of those scripts as no one seems to care.
    Last edited by Poqzt; February 09, 2008 at 10:25 AM.

Doeko's Avatar Miles

I think it should be on autoresolve.

Indefinitely Banned

If you will go for autoresolve all battles - no one will play! =( Sorry... I will never play Medieval Total War without battles.

Quote Originally Posted by Echad View Post
    If you will go for autoresolve all battles - no one will play! =( Sorry... I will never play Medieval Total War without battles.
    Yeah exactly!
    If Echad can't take advantage of the AI's easy battle tactics then whats the point?.
    God for bid he would actually have to build up a strategy and not be so confident when attacking an enemy's full stack. The horror

Seriously though, I've played with auto resolve and I have to say it isn't that bad it makes things a little more realistic and more strategic then just going around abusing the easy AI.

But I'll say again.
    I'm completely open to playing either Auto resolve or Battles.
    If you want thought I'm willing to take a vote on this subject,
    majority wins.

Indefinitely Banned

Damn, Autoresolve is bull**** - do you know that it doesn't counts city defence buildings in sieges? And that it can be re-rolled, offering different results most time? I was managed to get Average Defeat with autoresolve battle, but then loaded, moved some agents and got a Clear Victory by autoresolving THE SAME BATTLE! It IS abuse! If majority will choose autoresolve - I will pull out, because the WHOLE POINT of Medieval 2 Total War ARE Battles! Game without battles - Pen and Paper scat... And you can play this, but you won't gather enought players for a big one.

Quote Originally Posted by Echad View Post
    Hotseat games for me is the diplomatics (diplomatic messages etc.) and the strategy. Now if we were to have a good battle AI it would be simply godlike! But unfortunately it's never going to happen in MTW II. I don't want to loose my whole stack while you loose 100 men.

I love battles, but only in singleplayer.

thelord's Avatar Senator

that is very true, it loses battles where the odds are clearly in your favour a lot when i autoresolve, the battles are what brings this game to life and what gives it a strategic depth

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Poqzt View Post
    Hotseat games for me is the diplomatics (diplomatic messages etc.) and the strategy. Now if we were to have a good battle AI it would be simply godlike! But unfortunately it's never going to happen in MTW II. I don't want to loose my whole stack while you loose 100 men.
    And I do not want to lose sieges with costy defense upgrades I have built, just because autoresolve doesn't take it into account... And especially the 100 times re-rolled autoresolve, with choosing the best variant afterwads. =\

Guys - both battle and campaign AI are buggy, but autoresolve is bugged even worse - it absolutelly NOT showcases the army strenght - I managed to win sieges of certain cities and castles with only like 3-4 lost men with autoresolve, while I lost around 100 men only under arrows while they battered the gates, not to counting that units fight until' death when besiged, but with autoresolve they manage to rout into nowhere. =\

And I guess that the field battles are not much better with autoresolve either - some battles, won by autoresolve were nearly impossible to win by normal means, and vice-versa.

Not to mention the autoreolve mostly always either killing, or just "seriosly wounding" your generals. Lusted's VH AI plays much better than vanilla, BTW.

But let's stop discussing the exploits - you won't be able to remove them altogether anyway... I just dun' wanna waste my time on a Pen and Paper game - what's the sense in army composition, tactics and constructing different buildings, if it will all be over with just two clicks? And the units will not matter, since autoresolve do not auto-plays the battle, but just assumes the casaulties - it also seems to count longbowmen as melee units, since they suffer the same losses as spear militias.

P.S.

YOU DO NOT NEED THE M2TW FOR DIPLOMATIC GAME!

You can just use the forum for it... And for me - diplomacy is the LAST thing the Online Hotseat presents - I mostly like a better army composition and strategic moves of my enemies, as well the ability of my enemies to win a battle against the odds.

And WHAT IS UNFAIR, if every player, that is attacking gets the bonus? =\ I don't see a sense in a Multiplayer, if all the battles are determined by solely AI.
    Last edited by Echad; February 09, 2008 at 04:04 PM.

BTW..
    Until we get the recruitment issue on fix 2.00 resolved we are sticking with fix 1.90

@ Echad, well if you play with real battles enabled, you can still autoresolve. Also, concerning the attack bonus, well by then you have already destoyed my army so I will have nothing to counter attack with. Anyway, I'm ok with whatever system we choose.

@ Triforce, but I already installed fix pack 2.00. Guess I will have to re-install SS then. But I'll wait until we get the game going.
    Last edited by Poqzt; February 09, 2008 at 05:51 PM.

thelord's Avatar Senator

u dont need to reinstall the whole lot mate just download the 1.90 fix pack and install it over.

Quote Originally Posted by thelord View Post
    u dont need to reinstall the whole lot mate just download the 1.90 fix pack and install it over.
    lol, yeah didn't think of that.

Indefinitely Banned

GUYS, why you cannot read?

THE ****ING RECRUITMENT ISSUE WITH 2.00 HAPPENS ONLY WITH OLD GAMES! New games SHOULD be started with 2.00, as it has got some important updates to AI and completely reworked unit balance, WE SHOULD move unto it, installing 1.90 ONLY to play our old hotseat campaigns! =\

Akvilonn pulled out - Start a game already!
    Last edited by Echad; February 10, 2008 at 04:04 AM.

Page 1 of 39 123456789101126 ... LastLast