Thread: bug?

Hobbes's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default bug?

This is my problem:I choose NEW CAMPAIGN,I select a faction and when I press that arrow button I just return to the previous screen.I try pressing NEW CAMPAIGN again but nothing happens.I have to go back to the previous screen, do the whole thing again but still I get the same result.I have version 1.9 a clean RTW copy patched to version 1.5.Can anyone help me ?

Thank you for any help!

Default Re: bug?

You have not patched your game correctly. It`s probably still v1.3.

Hobbes's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

No.The game is patched to version 1.5. I guess I'll have to reinstall the game from scratch.Post any other solutons please.

If you have the -show_err command on your desktop shortcut and you start the game with it you should get an error message while exiting the game.

Anyway, follow this guide next time:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=58290
    The kick back to the menu means as I`ve said a game patched the wrong way. Or for example installing BI which is v1.4 over RTW which was v1.5. This downgrades RTW to v1.3.
    The only other answer is that you`ve moded your game or installed some other mini-mod or mod in the same game folder. Which you say you didn`t so we`ll have to trust that. These kick backs refer to issues in the campaign files, issues that do not exist for a correctly installed vanilla RTRPE.
    Last edited by florin80; May 03, 2008 at 05:59 PM.