Thread: Too Buggy??

Default Too Buggy??

I personally don't like starting to play a game and then find out that it's really broken. Seems like there are many bugs and/or problems with 6.0? should i play the last version or is this version fine? OR should i just wait for a patch? I'm pretty sure the last version was pretty buggy too

Default Re: Too Buggy??

A patch just came out today, 6.1

Without it, it wasn't too buggy anyway. Cheers.
    E8400
    4GB DDR2
    HAF932
    Windows 7 Ultimate X64

B. Ward's Avatar ★★★★ RockNRolla ★★★★

There's a bug reporting subforum here
    Always could make your own perfect mod

I haven't found any serious bugs at all. The only game affecting one was the event bug, but thats been fixed.

I am new to the forums and created a user just so i can tell every one how buggy this mod is. I had 5.1 and the game rarely crashed, when I got 6.0, the game would crash in the middle of every battle, so I get 6.1, and now the game crashes even before every battle starts. I hope KK come out with a 6.2 because this version of the mod is in very serious need of repair.

YD23's Avatar Cторожевая Cобака.

Maybe you need to reinstall? Sometimes that helps, I personally didn't have any crashes unless I messed with the files of the game.

Mine has been 100% stable.

I played for an insane amount of hours and no crashes. I suggest reinstalling.

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by TK_422 View Post
    I am new to the forums and created a user just so i can tell every one how buggy this mod is. I had 5.1 and the game rarely crashed, when I got 6.0, the game would crash in the middle of every battle, so I get 6.1, and now the game crashes even before every battle starts.
    Did you install part 2? It sounds like the game cant find some textures and/or battle models. I suggest reinstalling.

I hope KK come out with a 6.2 because this version of the mod is in very serious need of repair.
    It sounds like your installation has gone wrong rather than a problem with SS. Yes, other people have had similar problems and but there are fixes for them. Look around these forums a bit before saying the mod is broken

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

Snizel's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar Clivus View Post
    Did you install part 2? It sounds like the game cant find some textures and/or battle models. I suggest reinstalling.
    Lol if he didn't. Yeh i haven't found any bugs. AI path finding is great so far, compared to M2TW.
    I saw, I bought, I played

I reinstalled the game, and it works most of the time, it still crashes on occasion, but its stable enough.

TheColdTruth's Avatar Ordinarius

I haven't had a CTD yet.

RJA's Avatar Semisalis

I haven't had any crashes either. And I am very happy with that. I think you should reïnstall before complaining on this forum how "unstable" SS is. If I have any problems with a game that is the first thing I do and it helps most of the time. Just like in our case.

Have fun.

RJA

well thanx for the responses guys. so basically with the patch that just came out i should be all set as long as i install correctly. Just didn't wanna replace the old version with 6.0 and start a game and then it ends up unplayable or anything. after my finals ill get to my new campaign!