Thread: An old member's speech

Kritias's Avatar Petite bourgeois

Default An old member's speech

Salvete Quirites!

I'll be deadly honest with you.

Three months ago I started something that was unknown for me; I started missing debates, sessions everything we did in YATS. I will not blame it solely on my busy schedule which it was indeed busy but yet again, it has been so before and I still got time for a few posts every day. The main problem is that I lost interest in RTW after four years of playing it and tragically in YATS also as it didn't presented me with anything challenging any more: I have plotted, I have triumphed, I have lost and won and generally speaking, I have done anything possible to be done while my character, ever changing his name, evolved and went on role-playing between the various YATS incarnations. I've been Sulla, Brutus, Regulus, Brutus again, Metellus while Winter was gone and then once more Junius Brutus and some more that I cannot remember now.

Now, as you can guess, I had in mind retiring since I saw that you were all going good and sound without my advice and council. I felt like retiring after I saw almost everyone of the old guard leaving - even the mastermind behind all this, Sanada, gone this January - except Winter, Wode and Maxinius Scipio. However, I tragically discover that I love role-playing along side you all and that while I feel totally weary after these long months of role-playing and moderating this TWC's corner, I still remember how I felt the moment we had to shut YATS down, before the incarnation we are playing now; I felt sad.

Now you may ask "Oi, Fabius, are you going to leave us?". No. After much consideration, I have decided that this effort is worth a little weariness. So, you will be seeing me role-playing soon enough, once I get the plot shorted out; I don't know what has being going on for about a month or so. As you can guess, you'll won't see me in-session for a week or so either, in which time i'll be doing that catching up we discussed about before. However, I'll be logged on daily for an hour or two and you can ask me or converse with me anytime you see me. Also, since my unplayed character has only been a burden to the RP, please have him deleted; once I am settled with the story, I'll rejoin YATS. Also, as Max has said, I too will be most participating during the summer vacations except for a two weeks break when I'll be in Barcelona(), however, in contrary with Max, I'll be giving my best in the meantime to be active.

Sorry for losing faith in you YATS!

Fabius Maximus
    An Optimate bastard!
    Last edited by Kritias; May 02, 2008 at 05:18 PM.
    Under the valued patronage of Abdülmecid I

Winter's Avatar Civitate

Default Re: An old member's speech

Welcome back sir, you've nothing to apologize for.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Jeb View Post
    Hah, you're always so helpful to threads Winter. No wonder you got citizen!

Xavier Dragnesi's Avatar Esse quam videre

All is well Fabius. You're always welcome in YATS

Whoohoo!

Very nice, would be no good if you were to leave just as i got started.
    People will believe a lie because they want it to be true; or they're afraid it's true.
    Given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe its true, or because they're afraid it might be true. Peoples' heads are full of knowledge, facts and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Just passing by to say hello.

And a happy birthday to Winter! He was always here so he's the oldest of the old, the elderly man with a big, white beard. But in reality he's younger than me .

Fabius, I don't think you have to be affraid of getting out. Like you mentioned, the RPG is thriving currently, even without you; I remember the times when there was only me and a few others, 68 Powers, Winter and you. BTW, 68 Powers seems to be missing, a pity since he was quite a figure.

I'm glad that our work has borne fruits.
    "Romans not only easily conquered those who fought by cutting, but mocked them too. For the cut, even delivered with force, frequently does not kill, when the vital parts are protected by equipment and bone. On the contrary, a point brought to bear is fatal at two inches; for it is necessary that whatever vital parts it penetrates, it is immersed. Next, when a cut is delivered, the right arm and flank are exposed. However, the point is delivered with the cover of the body and wounds the enemy before he sees it."

- Flavius Vegetius Renatus (in Epitoma Rei Militari, ca. 390)

Winter's Avatar Civitate

Am I really younger than you Voltaire?

For some reason I always thought you were some sort of 14 year old genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Jeb View Post
    Hah, you're always so helpful to threads Winter. No wonder you got citizen!

Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    Am I really younger than you Voltaire?

For some reason I always thought you were some sort of 14 year old genius.
    You can start calling me the 17 year old genius from now .
    "Romans not only easily conquered those who fought by cutting, but mocked them too. For the cut, even delivered with force, frequently does not kill, when the vital parts are protected by equipment and bone. On the contrary, a point brought to bear is fatal at two inches; for it is necessary that whatever vital parts it penetrates, it is immersed. Next, when a cut is delivered, the right arm and flank are exposed. However, the point is delivered with the cover of the body and wounds the enemy before he sees it."

- Flavius Vegetius Renatus (in Epitoma Rei Militari, ca. 390)