Thread: New Teutonic Knight

Default New Teutonic Knight

I'm playing as the TK for my first time. From where do your leaders come? I know I can "build" generals when my fortress expands far enough, but is that it? Are there more adoptions?

Thanks.

Siculus

Icon1 Re: New Teutonic Knight

I'm playing the Teutonic Knights (Deutscher Orden) as well, and I can assure you there will be several adoptions.

You can train generals too in upgraded fortresses, but 15 turns or somehat have to elapse before you can train a new one again, so they're kind of a 'rare element' .

It all comes with the idea, that TK were not a dynasty with a bloodline, but rather an aristocratic, closed society allowing only the best knights to come to the top.

Default Re: New Teutonic Knight

wait so that recruitable "generals bodyguard" turns into a general?

Favorite Goalies

Icon1 Re: New Teutonic Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Meister Sibrand View Post
    wait so that recruitable "generals bodyguard" turns into a general?
    No, he has to be adopted to be a "family member", but there isn't a real family tree in TK, as - again be said - they were not a dynasty with bloodline.

So it doesn't really matter, as he can't have a child by being family member either.

A thread has already been running in the same topic:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=162434

Click!

S.P.Q.R. Praetorian's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by PowerWizard View Post
    No, he has to be adopted to be a "family member", but there isn't a real family tree in TK, as - again be said - they were not a dynasty with bloodline.

So it doesn't really matter, as he can't have a child by being family member either.

A thread has already been running in the same topic:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=162434

Click!
    Yep, the Teutons didnt have a damn bit of a family. Instead they used guys like Orden Marshall, who I believe was in control of Administration and Military operations of Prussia. Id have to read my book on them again to check.

BTW, you have a kick-ass sig.

Any idea where I can recruit order spearmen from as they dont seem to be available?

CtrlAltDe1337's Avatar Praepositus

You have to "adopt" generals to get new ones unless you build them. Thats like it was in the Teutonic campaign.

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Roma View Post
    Any idea where I can recruit order spearmen from as they dont seem to be available?
    They are available from a Garrison Quarters and up in a castle. If you have RealRecruitment or Grim Reality III installed there are other requirements though.

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

Do as I usually do. Make an army without a character in it, fight few battles against enemies (heroic victories are the best for that) and you should get a new character adoption chat. It depends if he will have a lot of dread of chivalry, either you will execute the enemies or let them go free.

wait, is it like this too for the knights templar? i mean, they were an order too, right? if so, how come i have a family tree in my templar campaign? i mean, i've never adopted generals, my "sons" just come of age