Page 9 of 89 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Empires

rogergargantua's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Post Your Empires

ps. the screenshots above doenst show all of Greece lands. The Seleucid Empire for example is annihilated. And its all in the hands of Greece now.

KozCDVI's Avatar Domesticus

Nice work, Roger!

You sure showed them!
    I always leave Sparta untouched when playing non-GCS unit..

And everytme they change the capital to Pergamon!!!! And take Turkey/ Thrace while Greece melts into Macedonian hands.

I have paused playing XGM to give Napoleonic II a go. It was damned worth it, despite the lack of chevrons and a campaign...

“My mother taught me never to throw stones at cripples. My father taught me to aim for their heads.”
    - Ramsay Snow

TM Is Back's Avatar Campidoctor

Ah... i can't wait till Empire TW comes out. Dam i want to play those naval battles, i love naval battles.

This Napoleonic reminds me on it a bit. Same time area.

Unknown Soldier's Avatar Ducenarius

Oh dear Koz why are you not playing as Great Britain? :hmmm:

French vs. anybody = easy victory in Napoleonic times

tut tut young man.

Fix the problem, not the blame!

XGM Diplomacy AAR - intelligence and voting
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...24#post3680924 :hmmm:

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
    Oh dear Koz why are you not playing as Great Britain? :hmmm:

French vs. anybody = easy victory in Napoleonic times

tut tut young man.
    I play as French and British on the whole, once or twice as Prussians as well. It is really fun. I have tried to recreate the Battle of Waterloo using what feeble maps (in terms of Waterloo realism) there were, and smashed Napoleon as Wellington with Blucher, and killed the Duke as Napoleon with Grouchy.

“My mother taught me never to throw stones at cripples. My father taught me to aim for their heads.”
    - Ramsay Snow

RedFox's Avatar When it's done.™

You can also use the -enable_editor command line switch to use the battle map editor. Might be fun making some new maps....

Yes, I would have perfected it by now if I wasn't so bad at it.

On whatever mod, I use c/b to create my own sort of campaigns, which is something I think should be a feature of future games... Similarly to Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds, you create a map and a battle, then do it a few more times, sequence them and you can play that custom campaign whenever you feel like it!

- Ramsay Snow

Some years further. My money has gone down very quickly because all my trade partners turned against me

Germania, Trace and Parthia are capturing towns from Scytia, annd TSE, that destroyed Armenia, is now also attacking them. Gaul is almost from the Gauls again and IBeria, with that land-bridge their is destroying the Carthaginians.

In Italie, i conquered Terentum en Croton and then split my forces. One was send away do Egypt while the other was send to Carrae. Carrae was conquered and now i just wait. I'll defend my city's there because i dont want to capture any more Roman city's in Italy before the Reforms have happened.

Here is the other army, in two turns Alexandria will be under siege.

In Greece things went well. Trace almost attacked, but by reinforcing the bordercitys they lost their will to fight and turned north instead of south. Salona is under siege almost every turn.

Asia-Minor Pontus declared war on me, because the border city's were very weak. I then began constructing many soldiers here and after some sieges i'm now in the offensive driving the Pontians back.

After i had captured that Ptolomaic city in Asia minor, i send some hillmen to Salamis and took the island. I then marched with the main army towards Tarsus, conquered it, and the turn after started the siege of Antioch. Then the sieges came. 4 Ptolomaic stacks and 6 TSE stacks attacked me. After having destroyed them all, i marched to Sydon and captured it destroying another 3 Ptolomaic stacks. Directly TSE started the siege of Sidon, and after breaking that siege i'm now planning to attack Damascus.
    Last edited by TM Is Back; June 20, 2008 at 07:03 AM.

Nice stuff, TM Is Black. Good thing about Greeks is that it is central to the map, and you can expand in pretty much any direction.

- Ramsay Snow

Primicerius

Looks like you won't have a Scythian monster to fight against in that campaign, Thrace + TSE have contained them.... Your so lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Scutarii View Post
    Looks like you won't have a Scythian monster to fight against in that campaign, Thrace + TSE have contained them.... Your so lucky.
    Not only that, the Parthians managed to get into Scytian lands so they (i) went there over land, through the rivers or (ii) went by ship.

Webba's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by TM Is Back View Post
    Not only that, the Parthians managed to get into Scytian lands so they (i) went there over land, through the rivers or (ii) went by ship.
    That's the 3rd time I've seen them do that. Isn't it supposed to not be possible?

No, it's possible, just very hard.

Expand your borders, a mod based on XGM 5.

Just started the new provincial campaign of Massilia. First of all that one is awesome
    H/H
    Ai bonussus on

My nice "Emipire". I took Aleria in the second turn. The Chartaginians, afraid of me, directly offered a ceasefire for which to had to pay. Then I went to Emporion and besieged it. 8 turns later the city was mine without a fight. I inmedeadly took a few units and shipped them to Bocchoris which was captured with minimum losses. I left a few units there and moved the rest back to Emporion and Massilia. Again Chartage came asking for a ceasefire for which again they had to pay. Now this turn Gaul betrayed me, which i had forseen so i could quickly buy some mercs, and besieged Massilia with a full stack consisting of many swordsman, and Emporion with a 3/4 stack consisting of mainly Spear Warbands.

I sallied in Massilia and destroyed that army in a heroic battle, with again minimum. Yes it was i that attacked, they were in the defence, which is also why i could defeat them this way. losses.

Next thing i'm going to do is getting rit of that Gaul stack besieging Emporion and then i'm going in the assault Conquering some Gaul settlements.

I dont think Rome will be my ally for long
    Last edited by TM Is Back; June 20, 2008 at 03:22 PM.

Balikedes's Avatar Time to Rock

Wow, that looks pretty fun...I'll have to DL the new version...now.
    Patron of Suppanut, relentless work, check it out.
    XGM Command - A Sub-Mod of the Extended Greek Mod and now included in Diadochi: Total War

HardSun on XBoxLive - Destiny and other stuff

Balikedes, this faction is raelly fun to play with for you can go everywhere you want. Kill some Barbarians in the north, capture the Iberian gold mines, learn the Roman how to fight etc.

Kara Kolyo's Avatar Mikhail

My Massila campaign looks quite simmilar, but instead of the Gauls i'm having isues with the iberians. Took Tolosa from the gauls and they accepted cease fire. I conquered Caralis and Aleria as well but Caralis rebeled back to Carthage when the colony was built. Then the carthaginians broke the cease fire and sent that stack from Caralis to besiege Palma...
    I just captured the spanish city south of Emprion. And probably will concentrate on Iberia

under the patronage of Perikles in the house of Wilpuri
    Proud patron of Cymera

Primicerius

Augh, now I wish I could d/l the new version so bad.... But my comp got hit with a Trojan and I had to send it in to get the hard drive wiped... No RTW for a few business days, probably back by Thursday...

Balikedes's Avatar Time to Rock

Ouch! I feel your pain, I just had to do the same thing...system32/config was corrupted
    Patron of Suppanut, relentless work, check it out.
    XGM Command - A Sub-Mod of the Extended Greek Mod and now included in Diadochi: Total War

HardSun on XBoxLive - Destiny and other stuff

Ferrus's Avatar Decanus

Must download...now! raaaaar!

Another interesting reply from an exam stressed student.
    The wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win - Zhuge
    Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one
    Do you know why most men die before their wives do? Because they want to!