Page 7 of 89 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516173257 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Empires

KozCDVI's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Post Your Empires

+rep To whoever can get the EXACT Roman Empire boundaries by 190 BC (Excluding Ferrus )

“My mother taught me never to throw stones at cripples. My father taught me to aim for their heads.”
    - Ramsay Snow

TM Is Back's Avatar Campidoctor

W000T... Look at TSE. They are monsterous.

I'm close, though I hold a few territories outside the exact borders.

I still have another 8 years or so.
    I need only to take Anatolia and Gaul.

CaesarVincent, nice exponential growth of Roman faction under your rule. TSE and Schythia seem to go down. I am curious, in what relations are TSE and Schythia? Could you make them fight each other, e.g., by giving a settlement in the middle of TSE to Schythia or visaversa, which might spark a conflict
    Indeed, taking Crimea will hurt Scythia badly.
    Happy fighting! ME

I don't think the SE and the Scythians would fight each other had they each a full stack on the other's capitol's doorstep. They have had a border for some 50 years so as long as I am in the picture they will be at peace.

You could get your assassins to dress up as theirs, and go in and try a futile assassination of their faction heirs That way, when the0 are caught and the guards say 'Who are you? Where are you from?' you can get them to say 'Seleucia/Scythia' Of course that would be an excellent form of subterfuge for Empire, getting your people to dress up like foreigners to spark them off...

Brian Blessed in Blackadder: While the Swiss are away, take our men and pillage Geneva. Chiswick: The Swiss are our alles... B.B: Oh yes. Well get them to dress up as Germans'

“My mother taught me never to throw stones at cripples. My father taught me to aim for their heads.”
    - Ramsay Snow

rogergargantua's Avatar Senator

My Roman empire. Took all of Europe. I am currently attacking Carthage.

Quote Originally Posted by rogergargantua View Post
    My Roman empire. Took all of Europe. I am currently attacking Carthage.
    Jolly good stuff.

- Ramsay Snow

Yea, a lot of eastern factions are still "intact". Normally, the seleucid empire kills em all...but they are getting owned by its surrounding factions. Its nice to see a change.

In vanilla Rome it sucks when the Seleucids are wiped out before 200BC...

- Ramsay Snow

Quote Originally Posted by KozCDVI View Post
    In vanilla Rome it sucks when the Seleucids are wiped out before 200BC...
    Before 200? They normaly are dead in well lets say 10/15 years?

Primicerius

Yeah, Egyptians crush them. Vanilla's map doesn't have enough Eastern territories to reflect their hugeness. Its true they were surrounded by enemies, like in vanilla as well as XGM, but they were big enough to cope with that many enemies(that were all smaller than them), which is not reflected well in vanilla.

Primicerius

Sorry for the double post, but here's my Carthaginian Campaign (again)

H/H
    Asia Minor Land bridge on
    AI bonuses off

Here's whats happened:

My two main armies in Sicily were cleaning up: Charidemos had taken Messana and Theophanes, my future faction leader, was sieging the last few turns on Lilybauem (didn't want to atack as I'd lose too many men too continue in Italy). So Charidemos was on his own when 5 full Roman stacks came knocking outside Messana. He defeated 4 in some epic battles (my first famous battle marker)but the last battle crippled his army so he had to go back to Africa to retrain. Theophanes captured Lilybauem and assaulted the last stack which resulted in taking Croton and my second famous battle marker. He went on to take Tarentum easily while my third stack, back from Iberia, had retrained and was shipped over to take Cannae. It was under the command of a new general, (get this) Himilkar Barka! Take the k's out and replace with c's for Hannibal's relative!

I'm hoping his son's name is Hannibal, that would be awesome. Unfortunately the Romans will be dead by the time he's born, so no Roman slaughtering for him .

anyway, Charidemos retrained and was sent to Rome to capture it, but he was killed and his stack eliminated in a pitched battle with the Roman hero, Decius Mus. Charidemos was Carthage's best general, so it was fitting he died killing Rome's last hope and greates general.... With Mus out of the way, Theophanes took Roma, and Barka took Capua, and here I am now. The Iberian front is quiet, although the Indie Greeks have taken Burdigala, Tolosa and Lemonum, which was a little surprising.

The Germans have declared war on Rome and are sieging Patavium + Mediolanum, so Rome is not long for this world, and I'm dreading confrontation with Germania, they're a juggernaut. I'm hoping to take Arretium + Ariminum and stop expanding to consolidate. Greece or Germania are the next logical targets...

The Maks have defeated the GCS and are moving into mop up mode in Anatolia. They've declared on Pontus, who are putting up a valiant defence against the Macedonian hordes. TSE is crumbling against pressure from the Ptolemies, Parthia and Baktria, something I haven't seen in a while. Armenia is Scythia's protectorate, so thier dead meat, and Thrace just declared war on Scythia. Don't know what'll happen thier, Thrace'll probably get run over...

Looks interesting! Rare outcome that Seleucids are being pwned! Same as in my campaign....i hate seleucids of becoming big.

Owhhh.

Makes me miss XGM even more... I wanted to play BI, but I have vanilla Rome AND Gold edition, can't run both at the same time, and my dad's pc was busted so I had to take XGM out. Now that I am finished with BI, my internet has decided to stall me from getting XGM back *cries NOOOO!*

But oddly enough, in vanilla Rome I was Scipii and the Britons had a VAST empire- British Isles, and a stretch of land covering half of Russia, all of Germany, some of France, and touching on Dacia! Never seen that happen before.

- Ramsay Snow

Quote Originally Posted by KozCDVI View Post

But oddly enough, in vanilla Rome I was Scipii and the Britons had a VAST empire- British Isles, and a stretch of land covering half of Russia, all of Germany, some of France, and touching on Dacia! Never seen that happen before.
    No? I remember that happening every time. In my games they always conquerded the northern world, untill the Romans came.

Quote Originally Posted by TM Is Back View Post
    No? I remember that happening every time. In my games they always conquerded the northern world, untill the Romans came.

I guess it is just that I have been playing XGM recently and I had grown used to Britannia being out of the game as a faction, it was also odd to see Seleucia get conked so early.

Is it true that as a Roman General/ faction member ON HIS OWN, you can destroy rebel armies to improve command?

I have heard this about, and tried it on XGM and vanilla Rome.
    On XGM it seems yo work for different factions, on Rome it doesn't work, only sometimes when you are Romans.

My favourite thing to do as Romans is to get 3 units of Praetorian Guard, 2 units of Praet. cav, and a general. TOTAL PWNAGE!! It ravages large armies, small armies, and loses little usually.

- Ramsay Snow

Primicerius

You can destroy rebel armies to improve command with any faction, any mod. The only factors are your army size and the enemies. If you outnumber them 10:1 you won't get a star, probably. If you have 2:1 or less there's a chance, try doing 1:1 odds if you want to get command stars. Severous in his AARs mentioned how he does it all the time...

Ah, thanks for the info...

- Ramsay Snow

Primicerius

Meh, a little update on my Carthage campaign. I've delayed downloading 5.7 until now, but I really see no future to this campaign any longer. Since my last update I've taken all of Italy up to and including Arretium + Ariminum. In Iberia, the year after I take Arretium, the Indie Greeks declare war and my Alliance with the Germans collapses. My two operative armies in Iberia take two measures: the lead general beseiges and takes Emporion, while the captain defeats a German stack that declared war (this is c.235 BC) by besieging Tyde. The captin goes on to defeat another stack while Eshmunazer, as the general is called, moves to defeat another two German stacks invading. Both were defeated soundly, and Eshmunazer goes on to take Burdigala from the Indie Greeks. My third army in Iberia becomes operative around 228, after constant fighting in the Burdigala/Tolosa area. I took Tolosa in 230 BC with an Africa army shipped over, so technically that 3rd Iberian army is the 4th in the area. Unfortunately, my success turns itself around quickly at this point.

Eshmunazer defeats a German stack, but then two show up out of the blue . He retreats to outside Burdigala, which is under siege. He defeats stak with help from the garrison, and seeing the two stacks on the way to Burdigala, recruit mercs to bolster the garrison. My 2nd army under the captain sights two armies on the way to assisst Eshmunazer, defeating them in an epic battle, but lost virtually every man, rendering it useless. My 3rd army was under a new general, only one star (I was really short on these guys). Zalmoxis, as his name was, moves to assist Eshmunazer, but while he is stationed near Burdigala, both armies with a little stack in the rear, attack him and the city garrison. The odds are 3600 men (and may I mention that all Gemran stacks at this point are made up of Chosen Axemen/Heavy Spearmen/Heavy Cav combos. Ridiculously deadly, spamming those axemen) to around 2800. Suffice it to say, I lost horribly, the reinforcements under AI control, and delayed to boot. So Eshmunazer is on his own, defending a city from 2 and a half stacks (they were reinforced, buggers) and countless others out there. and army training in Iberia, but in the beginning stages, and my African army had moved to take Gergova prior to all this, winning a Pyyrhic victory over an elite German stack (just a note: never use Libyans against axes. The Libyans die.). That army is being trained up again, Iberian style, but I'm hopelessly outnumbered, and besides that, Macedon frigging exploded, taking all of Thrace, Asia Minor and in starting to invade Egypt. Out of curiousity, I looked FOW off after I decided to abandon the campaign, and they have bushels of armies, more than I can bother to count. Their military rating doubles Germanias and Quadruples mine, so I'm gonna head for a Sabean or Gallic campaign, thanks very much.

See ya soon.