Page 4 of 89 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Empires

Balikedes's Avatar Time to Rock

Default Re: Post Your Empires

Quote Originally Posted by Glorfindel View Post
    i want to ask: if you capture Rome, the Marian reforms take place or are canceled?
    If you capture Rome before the reforms they will not occur.
    Patron of Suppanut, relentless work, check it out.
    XGM Command - A Sub-Mod of the Extended Greek Mod and now included in Diadochi: Total War

HardSun on XBoxLive - Destiny and other stuff

Glorfindel's Avatar Centenarius

that's nice
    Glorfindel, the Lord of the House of the Golden Flower

...Glorfindel was tall and straight, his hair was of shining gold, his face fair and young and fearless and full of joy, his eyes were bright and keen, and his voice like music, on his brow sat wisdom, and in his hand was strength...

... the Elven-wise, lords of the Eldar from beyond the furthest seas. They do not fear the Ringwraiths, for those who have dwelt in the Blessed Realm live at once in both worlds, and against both the Seen and the Unseen they have great power...

Well, it depends, if you destroy the Romans before the reforms occur, then they never occur. However, even if you hold the city of Rome, as long as the Romans can get an Italian city to huge size, they sill get the reforms.

beikon's Avatar Libertus

I'm playing as Rome with easy battles and medium map, it's the year 233BC and Rome gathers its army against Germany after many huge battles against Carthage.

Before I go wih my beautiful history of battles and deaths, as I like it, I'm going to show you my positions and power.

Some pictures were croped but the uploader seems to have much power to get the whole picture.

As Tiberius The Handsome gathers his army of veterans and new units ''Elephants'' in Africa, after huge war against Carhage who were finally crushed and fled to Spain, while Rome made deal wih Iberia to become friends to destroy the other Barbarians.
    Now Grecce friends of rome are falling to destruction after battles against Macedonia and TSE, the Rome needs to be quick to break the friendship and do deal with TSE to become friends if they agree, which I hope because TSE are becoming my neighbours or I do deal with the horse lords Scythia and work with them to crush TSE.

Tiberius is sending his army to north Italy to aid the romans who are falling heavily, they can't hold it for much long, Germany is gathering its crushed army after the last battle and they hide units in the woods close to the roman towns, no place in north Italy is safe.

While making farms stations in Africa and unit station in Africa south of Spain to invade later into Spain for surprise attack to all the barbarians include Iberia, but then I need to take France, where Gauls are and Germany, so I guess I need a deal with Scythia so I won't need to deal with more barbarians.

Well, I'm going to tell little about the start of the war against Carthage, like always they sended thousands and thousands of soilders to the two islands I took from them, while my biggest army was at Syracuse, to make the people not rebel but there was no chose, I needed to let them rebell and there 10.000 people of Syracuse died a terrible death who no one needed, this army needed to stop the big invasions the Carthage did, so they aimed at the city Carthage, they took it and traveled to south to take the city there, while Romans recurited(don't know how to say it) Numidian archers, peltasts(spear throwers) and roman spearmen, later this army took Carthage out of Africa.

I really like this mod, it's nice history that I made there, 10.000 people dying in Syracuse and famous battle against Greece in Italy, and famous generals, and I really like the Numidian archers and the armor of the units in this mod. I must say this is the best mod I have tested.

I hope you liked my campaign though it's kinda easy and I hope you understood my writing.

ServiusTheGreat's Avatar Semisalis

oh i wished my screenshots worked
    Everybody want to be a Cat, Because a Cats the only Cat who knows where its at

Unknown Soldier's Avatar Ducenarius

Servius the ... rash! Charging spears with cavalry - pish tosh I say thats a disaster waiting to happen.

Beikon: If you play on easy battles - it will be easy - try hard battles/medium campaign for a challenge.

Fix the problem, not the blame!

XGM Diplomacy AAR - intelligence and voting
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...24#post3680924 :hmmm:

beikon's Avatar Libertus

That gives computer units more stats in hard, but no stats for me right?
    So medium is no bonus stats for both player and computer, but in easy the player get bonus not the computer.

I would prefer have it in medium, but I would like to take the challenge, if I can handle it.

Primicerius

The H and VH difficulty give a morale bonus to the AI, and possibly an attack bonus as well (?). Easy gives the player a morale bonus that is equivalent to if the AI was playing on VH against you, the player. Its something like +7 morale on VH for the AI, vice versa on easy, and +4 on hard.

actually i always thought this is how the difficulty worked in the battlefield

easy- human player gets +4 attack and +4 morale to all units
    medium- no advantage to either side
    hard- AI gets +4 attack and +4 morale to all units
    very hard- AI gets +7 attack and +7 morale to all units

this is for the battlefield not the campaign map, i have no idea how the difficulty works on the campaign map

Quote Originally Posted by atraps View Post

this is for the battlefield not the campaign map, i have no idea how the difficulty works on the campaign map
    Oh dear, I thought it was just morale bonus.

Started yesterday a Macs compaign on H/H with AI bonuses on (after an era of playing on M/M and one compaign on H/M ). Well, I guess I have no choice but to keep fighting AI armies that are under the effect of painkillers and steroids
    Last edited by Stilgar CG; May 16, 2008 at 03:21 PM.

beikon's Avatar Libertus

Playing hard battles rather then easy battles dose that change the tactics of the AI?
    I always thought they would be smarter fighters, I guess I'll try medium/medium then and move later to H/M.

the Ai doesnt get smarter as the difficulty increases, their troops just get better, stat wise

Kara Kolyo's Avatar Mikhail

I think the AI utlises some unit types better at higher dif. At least in the first MTW this was the case - missile units especialy.

under the patronage of Perikles in the house of Wilpuri
    Proud patron of Cymera

TM Is Back's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by atraps View Post

Ah the only thing i know is that on H , AI generals always get +2 command.

Thats only in MTW unfortunately, but I remember they utilized ambushes and manaed to escape being pinned. *sigh* if only RTW had used the same AI.....

RedFox's Avatar When it's done.™

I seriously doubt it's that bad.
    More like:
    hard +1 attack +1 defense +2 morale
    very hard - +2 attack +2 defense +4 morale

I've played on VH/VH for most of my time and seriously, +7 attack bonus is out of the question, they only get a minor advantage in stats and morale.
    Enough to easily beat a 1:1 identical unit fight.

Honestly, I consider playing anything lower than VH a waste of time. The AI just doesn't have a chance at beating me. On VH at least it's even remotely challenging.

@unknown soldier.
    yeah ahahah, good old servius was like that, i actually one a battle with just him and his bodyguard against a whole army of germans that was at least one half spears(but gold armor,weapons and three silver chevron expirience helped quite abit)

in fact id like to hear about other generals who were used by other players like that sooo *starts new topic*

KozCDVI's Avatar Domesticus

When you show your 'control 50 provinces', it says exactly what provinces you need to get. How did you do that? Mine just says control 50 provinces and shows a map of the Roman Empire (when playing as Rome).

Though I do find it funny that there is an Extended GREEK Mod, and most people play as Rome xD.

“My mother taught me never to throw stones at cripples. My father taught me to aim for their heads.”
    - Ramsay Snow

TM Is Back's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by KozCDVI View Post

Though I do find it funny that there is an Extended GREEK Mod, and most people play as Rome xD.
    That's not true, many play as GCS.