Page 10 of 89 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819203560 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Empires

Default Re: Post Your Empires

Well, for me the Massilia campaign never posed the question of Gaul over Iberia. First Iberia declared war on the independent Gauls and I supported my Iberian friends. Three rounds later Iberia and Gaul declared war on me simultaneously. So now my only allies are... the Germans and Thrace. I'm hurting badly.

KozCDVI's Avatar Domesticus

Well.. Good luck, Deiphobos. Looks like you're going to need it!

“My mother taught me never to throw stones at cripples. My father taught me to aim for their heads.”
    - Ramsay Snow

Icon6 Re: Post Your Empires

Playing as GCS

M/M
    Asia Minor Land bridge: On
    AI Bonuses: On

Well I didn't Move fast enough for the Rebel Settlements because the Maks moved VERY Fast lol So After a Few turns of Army Building I moved into Cyzicus and was going to move into Byzantium but TSE (Who were my allies) Got Pi**y and Attacked me so thats going to be a problem.

Thats about it for now.

Edit: Oh forgot I'm getting the Eastern Kingdoms to Attack TSE as they are my new allies temporarily.

Last edited by Raji; June 21, 2008 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Forgot Something

Primicerius

Have you taken Kydonia? If not, its a great source of revenue, I can't tell by the mini map as the red trapezoid thingy is blocking it.

No I didn't. After the TSE Attacked 2 turns later the Maks did and I got overwhelmed though i held off 2 1/2 Stacks of Maks and 1 Stack of TSE In Byzantium because I went ahead and took that but in the end they wore my troops down to like 5 Spartan Royals Trip Gold Chevrons and so they took it. but I'm going to restart it and Wipe the Maks Out fast and possibly move to Kydonia sweep up from Pergamum And Take Cyzicus and Byzantium and set Byzantium as my Capital. That or start a Ptolmie or Roman Campaign.
    Last edited by Raji; June 22, 2008 at 02:11 AM.

My New GCS Empire

M/M

Asia Minor Land Bridge: On
    AI Bonuses: On

So this is what happened: I took The Spartan Royal Unit and Some Militia Phalangites and landed them near Pergamum Where I got some Greek Hoplite Mercenaries, Cretan Archers and Greek Throupie (However you Spell it) And Besieged Cyzicus Where I lost most of my Militia Phalangites and Greek Throupies Once I took that I retrained and hired more mercs. Upon landing near Byzantium I Hired some Falxmen Mercs and Thracian Peltast Mercs and Besieged Byzantium where the Enemy Foolishly Sallied forth with 312 men against my 560 man army so I promptly Defeated them and Took Byzantium and Put it as my Capital and thats about all in the news....for now. Macedon and TSE havent betrayed me yet so I'm happy about that. Currently Reinforcing all my cities.

TM Is Back's Avatar Campidoctor

Question. Why do you make Byzantium your capitol?

Well it'll be closer to my expansion plus its very advanced, way more then Sparta.

Primicerius

Your capital doesn't need to be advanced, it just needs to be the center of your empire currently. You can change it as many times as you want.

You took an interesting approach to your campaign. A more conventional way would be to use all your starting troops in Greece to take Kydonia, then ship them straight back to Greece to take Patras. That should give you enough money to complete a full stack in Greece plus a large-ish garrison in Pergamum in case of TSE attack. Then besiege and take corinth (preferebly use a spy). Fight the Maks out of Greece, they aren't that powerful that they can't be taken by your 1 stack in Greece, which can be retrained in every city on the peninsula, just about, so you can just keep moving up Greece. Than concentrate on Asia Minor, or move into Italy. A key economy point is to build ports everwhere, Greece is a cash cow with ports.

This is what the TSE Betrayers got from my Pegamum Garrison:

The reason I take Byzantium is because Its easy to get good troops out of and is a good financial city and once i expand it will be the center and I was going to Sweep in from byzantium on the Maks but I have to Deal with TSE first.

TM Is Back's Avatar Campidoctor

Byzantium the center? Then you must move north as well you can better have Athens then.... i always keep the first city my capitol so with GCS that's Sparta.

LucretiusTC's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by TM Is Back View Post
    Byzantium the center? Then you must move north as well you can better have Athens then.... i always keep the first city my capitol so with GCS that's Sparta.
    If you play a Parthian campaign sometimes, it makes lots of sense to change the place of capital from time to time...

BTW, I noticed an interesting detail in one of your campaign maps where the Iberians had managed to conquer two settlements in Africa. That´s good thing about those landbridges...

Luc.

Barend's Avatar Tiro

Finnaly got the chance to post an interestin screenie of my campaign with Thrace.
    As you can see, I'm at war with the Scythians and Rome. The Germans have exploded over all Europe and have driven the Indie Gauls out of Italia. What's worse is that they have an alliance with the Romans
    At the moment I'm trying to seal off all accesspoints with forts and defeat the Scythian armies. Then I will take the Crimean peninsula.
    a šumšu la zakar-
    -The past is taught by those who win-

Primicerius

Wow, that looks really tough... Looks like you've got a plan though, take Greece, then seal it off. Sounds good to me. Look on the bright side.... Germania isn't at war with you! (yet)

Barend's Avatar Tiro

Is there any way to make the Scythians and Germans fight eachother? Think that would help out a lot.
    a šumšu la zakar-
    -The past is taught by those who win-

Not if the player is east of Anatolia.
    Player-bordering AI factions tend to gang up on the player, even if those two factions are huge and border each other.

Expand your borders, a mod based on XGM 5.

Primicerius

Well, after a long break from XGM (my computer was hit by a virus and I had to send it in to be wiped), I'm finally back and playing. Here's my latest retry on my Pontic campaign. My last one ended in total failure, as Armenia, TSE and GCS ganged up on me.
    Settings: h/h
    Land Bridges on
    AI reduced bonuses on
    loyalty off

As you can see, I've crushed the GCS in Anatolia. The success of this campaign as opposed to my last one, is in my opinion, that the GCS didn't ship over its troops from Greece(I even starved out their cities in Anatolia, to give them a chance). So I was able to easily take Cyzicus and Pergamum. Another factor is I didn't take Ancyra right away, so TSE stayed away until I took Nicomedia, giving my more time to stabilize my military and economy.

As you can see, I have two main armies: one besieging Ancyra and the other at Ipsus besieging it. Once I have those, Spartikles (at Ipsus) will move to take Halcarnassus, and Pharnakles (Ancyra) will take Ancyra and stay there, handing over his army to another up and coming general. I'm going to need Pharnkles' influence to keep the city under control, and he's getting near 65, when I normally retire my generals. Then just drive towards Antioch, and hold everyone there while I colonise Asia Minor to Eastern Civilized and build up another couple of armies.

Carthage is still alive in Sicily, and looks to be doing okay by the mini map. TSE and the Ptoly's are at a stalemate of sorts: I've really weakened SE presence near Antioch, but the Ptoly's haven't struck yet, so I assume they must be fairly weak. Gaul is actually doing okay, they've taken an Indie settlement and a rebel one too. The Germans are expanding normally, but I tooks a look at Britain and they have a full stack besieging Camolodunum (where Londinium used to be). Thrace is also extremely powerful this game. They've taken Amphipolis and have exploded westward and into germany. They also have Pella under siege, and the Maks look done, as the GCS have Corinth and Thebes. My taking them out of Asia Minor doesn't seem to have phased them one bit.

Armenia hasn't attacked, and actually asked for an alliance after TSE attackd and the inital one had broken. They're holding out okay against Scythia too, so I may yet be spared the HA hordes.

I finally finished my Roman campaign. So here is the final report.

I finished in the winter of 194, a grand total of 172 turns played.

My faction overview, I have a total of 188 family members, many of which are dead; I control 180 regions, I've won nearly 850 battles and lost about 120, mostly sea battles or one or two units moving by themselves.

I make nearly 70 thousand denarii a turn and spend at least 60 thousand.

I'm at war with half of the remaining factions (other than me), the only faction I never went to war with was Saba. Of the 13 destroyed factions, I personally destroyed nine, and I reduced another to only one region.

My stat screens, I'm tops in early everything.

My most prosperous city is (and has been nearly forever) Aemona. I have to give credit to Camulondunum though, with over 60 law, it has no corruption.

My largest armies, though Alexandria, Carthago, and Camulodunum are a bit misleading as they are mostly garrisons. You can see that the commander at Seleucia is not actually a family member, despite winning many, many battles versus the Seleucids.

My best diplomats, I don't think I ever got one to have 10 influence.

My assassins, I have two with full skill.

And finally spies, with one at full skill and another (off screen) with nine.

So that's my empire.

Oh, I since I finished before 190, don't I get a bit of rep from someone.

General Decius's Avatar Libertus

Whoa..O_O very detailed ,good job ..and uhh u have rep disabled
    I LIVE IN THE CITY OF CHAMPIONS PITTSBURGH, PENNSYLVANIA

I know, that's why I put the ""