Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Special Characters !!!

Default Special Characters !!!

Well leave here your suggestions for event-characters, also before you leave a suggestion also explain why this should be features

here the examples of characters:

king haakon
    richard lionheart
    william wallace

ideas:

el cid !?
    genghis khan !?
    saladin !?

:hmmm:
    Common sense removed due being Disruptive.

neoptolemos's Avatar Breatannach Romanus

Default Re: Special Characters !!!

Maneul VIII Paleologus
    He have recapture Constantinople and give life to the Byzantine empire as a unity...
    Quem faz injúria vil e sem razão,Com forças e poder em que está posto,Não vence; que a vitória verdadeira É saber ter justiça nua e inteira-He who, solely to oppress,Employs or martial force, or power, achieves No victory; but a true victory Is gained,when justice triumphs and prevails.
    Luís de Camões

\Vazul's Ghost/'s Avatar Senator

János Hunyadi for hungary would be good. i would normally write my own material on him for youbut I'm really tired at them moment, so I hope the wiki article would do.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Janos_Hunyadi

This is an accurate depiction of him, so you could just use a gothic knight texture but with a 1 handed sword and shield like this.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

γνῶθι σεαυτόν ~ μηδὲν ἄγαν

Quote Originally Posted by \Vazul's Ghost/ View Post
    János Hunyadi for hungary would be good. i would normally write my own material on him for youbut I'm really tired at them moment, so I hope the wiki article would do.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Janos_Hunyadi

This is an accurate depiction of him, so you could just use a gothic knight texture but with a 1 handed sword and shield like this.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

and what he did to be included ?

He was a great fighter against the Osman Turks. He won the famous battle of Beograd in 1456. AD. Also, his son, Matijaš, later became the king (Matijaš Korvin). But despite this, I don't know if he would fit very well in the time period.
    Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
    Ubi vino proxima morientis ori.

thats a good point but theres a small....tiny problem...we end in 1453... =/

Icon7 Re: Special Characters !!!

You could add Emperor Dusan the Great for Serbia,or Milos Obilic,the greatest serbian knight of all times,who also killed Ottoman Sultan Murad I,at the Battle of Kosovo. Here is a frescoe of Milos Obilic at Hilandar monastery in Greece
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:M...c_Hilandar.jpg
    Last edited by Vla_86; May 03, 2008 at 02:47 PM.

Stefan Uroš IV Dušan of Serbia - wiki
    I think that Tsar Dushan should be included but Milos Obilic no. We looking for WIP characters.
    The House of Wilpuri ~ Proud Patron of: The Noble Lord & Sumskilz

interesting indeed

also i'm actually re-modeling some serbian units, in meantime ill added this on my list

\Vazul's Ghost/'s Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Ataegina View Post
    thats a good point but theres a small....tiny problem...we end in 1453... =/
    Oh ok sorry, didn't know that
    γνῶθι σεαυτόν ~ μηδὲν ἄγαν

TheFirstONeill's Avatar Father of Thera

Are we going to have them appear, on a purley time releated criteria, or a situation based criteria ? , i.e Wallace emerges in year XXX, or Wallace appears when engeland attack region X,

I can code either, but if you let me know I can start on this right away >

cheers
    Jason

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone
    Proud Creator of Thera, Legacy of the Great Torment: Opifex :

in my point of view i think we should make by historical date/event

Byzantium-John Comnenus II-The greatest of the Comnenus family other then his father Alexius.Theodore Lascarus maybe,John III Paleologus and John Cantacuzenos,ermm thats all I can think of.
    Sicily-Robert Guiscard,Charles,count of Anjou,Manfred,Roger II
    Holy Roman Empire-Frederick I or Conrad III
    Turks-Osman,Mehmed I
    Serbia-Stephen Dushan-Emperor of Nearly all of Greece
    ...All I can think of

Reasons
    John Comnenus-He was the second person responsible for making the Eastern Empire an superpower after Alexius died.Son of Alexius Comnenus-nicknamed the beautiful because of his chivalrous nature,he pardoned his relatives after they tried to assassinate him.
    Theodore Lascarus...excuse the spelling-Founded the Empire of Nicaea after the 4th Crusade.
    John III Paleologus and John Cantacuzenos-John III was an good emperor,he didn't make much of an impact during his time but he preserved what was left of the empire,John Cantacuzenos was his talented Grand Domestic who later became Emperor after he died.He was forced to due to an civil war and left John III's son as co emperor.
    Robert Guiscard-A cunning and energetic Norman of Sicily,he would cause most of Alexius troubles for the early part of Alexius Comnenus' reign.
    Charles,Count of Anjou-Ended the Hohenstaufen reign and became the new king of Sicily,just another cunning enemy of the Empire for the time.
    Manfred-Last of the Hohenstaufen line,he was killed in a battle and Charles was named king after the war for Sicily.
    Roger II-Probably one of the best of the Hautevilles,he caused Manuel Comnenus considerable stress,he was a master of diplomacy and stopped an alliance between Conrad III and Manuel(HRE and ERE)before they could get into Italy.Nearly prepared an invasion of the west part of Greece,but he died before he could became an serious threat to Eastern Romans.
    Frederick II Barbarossa-Leader of the Holy Roman Empire during the Third Crusade.
    Conrad III-One of the leaders of the 2nd crusade,became a friend of Manuel after the emperor nursed Conrad to health.Both Manuel and Conrad formed an alliance against Roger II but Roger halted it before it could become serious,Conrad died before he could march into Italy.Never crowned by the pope also.
    Osman-Held one of the smallest Turkish tribes in the area and eventually founded the Ottoman empire.
    Mehmed I-Reorganized the Ottoman state after the civil war and Tamerlane subsided.
    Stephen Dushan-A considerable monarch during the final decay of the Eastern empire.Took advantage of John Cantacuzenos civil war and the Eastern Empire's weakness.Can't remember much about him other then he took alot of Greece ....up to around Adrianople.But thats an guess.His dream was to become imperator of Constantinople and he would of changed history completely if he would of had a considerable naval force to take Constantinople with.

Just trying to help,that is what I can get from remembering what I've read up on.
    Last edited by Imperator of Rome; May 08, 2008 at 01:42 AM.
    Under the Patronage of the Honorable Bolkonskij

Indulge yourself into discovering the race of the Turks that stormed the Oriental world and regained their honor from the despair of decay.
    The Expiation of Degeneracy-A Great Seljuks AAR at http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=276748
    "By purple death I'm seized and fate supreme."- Julian the Apostate

Great and detail stuff "Imperator"

If we have an late time period selection in game.I would love to see Stephen Dushan and John Paleologus III or John Cantacuzenos,all of those people were in my opinion,larger then life^^.
    Last edited by Imperator of Rome; May 08, 2008 at 01:54 PM.
    Under the Patronage of the Honorable Bolkonskij

Indulge yourself into discovering the race of the Turks that stormed the Oriental world and regained their honor from the despair of decay.
    The Expiation of Degeneracy-A Great Seljuks AAR at http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=276748
    "By purple death I'm seized and fate supreme."- Julian the Apostate

The Colonel's Avatar Biarchus

El cid is definitely one, as well as saladin, william wallace. Can we have an appearance of Joan of Arc? I know that females cant be generals, but you can give the potrait of a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperator of rome View Post
    If we have an late time period selection in game.I would love to see Stephen Dushan and John Paleologus III or John Cantacuzenos,all of those people were in my opinion,larger then life^^.
    Stephen Dushan its very likely to be on our mod

Quote Originally Posted by The Colonel View Post
    El cid is definitely one, as well as saladin, william wallace. Can we have an appearance of Joan of Arc? I know that females cant be generals, but you can give the potrait of a girl.
    well the fact of generals can't be girls are the only problem, at maximum we can make a model (woman) and give portrait,we'll see what we can do about this

The Colonel's Avatar Biarchus

Cool! it would be sad if an historical events mod could'nt have her. Maybe she could be an ancillary to the king of the current time(if she cant be incorperated)? (+command and troop morale)

I like that ancillary idea. I think it would be much better then having her as general.

I think there should be (fr. Jeanne d`Arc, engl. Joan of Arc) 1412-1431...
    Because she is very important for engl.-french wars.
    Also Edward the Black prince- Prince of Wales, KG (15 June 1330 – 8 June 1376), father of Richard Lionheart.
    In fact, this nickname comes more than probably from his "shield of peace", his coat of arms used during tournaments, which is represented around his effigy at Canterbury. This coat of arms is black with three white ostrich feathers.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast