Thread: What campaign AI is in SS6.0?

Grand Duke Vytautas's Avatar Dueling it out
    Citizen

Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Universe, lol

Default What campaign AI is in SS6.0?

Hi there,

Was wondering what CAI exactly is SS6.0 based upon? Is it improved Lusted's CAI with more aggressive AI (my guess).
    I just can't decide between current CAI in SS6 and Ultimate AI latest version.

Can someone also give more feedback about new CAI, cause I'm playing with Lith and nothing much happened yet..
    “Great empires are not maintained by timidity.” ― Tacitus

Default Re: What campaign AI is in SS6.0?

Yeah i wanna know that as well......

Some kids like to pee there names on the snow in winter... Chuck Norris can pee his name into solid concrete!

Chuck Norris doesn't have to shape his hair... It stays in shape out of sheer fear.

A snake once bit Chuck. After five days of extreme pain... The snake died.

The last time I read about this it was a modified version of XAI.
    Artifex
    Under the patronage of King Kong
    Proud patron of y2day and yelowdogg23

Chimaeira
    xeryx could not get XAI to work as he wanted, so an adapted Lusteds file is being used at present. As you may know Ai's need to be set up for each mod as map changes and unit strengths make the tempermental little thing go haywire. It seems that the bigger the map, the dumber the Ai, so could do with more work. The battle ai though seems better than in 5.1.

There may be an issue with Ai profile vs recruit priority. This is being looked into.
    Last edited by Quark; May 01, 2008 at 06:09 PM.

To err is human, but to really foul things up you need a computer.
    Paul Ehrlich

I see, thanks for sharing.

What I do like about this CAI is that AI factions actually send armies on crusades and reach their targets. In the first few turns the pope called a crusade upon Baghdad and the HRE captured it.
    Artifex

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Quark View Post
    Chimaeira
    xeryx could not get XAI to work as he wanted, so an adapted Lusteds file is being used at present. As you may know Ai's need to be set up for each mod as map changes and unit strengths make the tempermental little thing go haywire. It seems that the bigger the map, the dumber the Ai, so could do with more work. The battle ai though seems better than in 5.1.

There may be an issue with Ai profile vs recruit priority. This is being looked into.
    Ok, thanks for clearing that up Quark, +rep. So is Lusted's modified AI more willing to backstab now in SS6 (it was too peaceful in the previous version) - that was my only gripe about it. On the other hand - everything else about LCAI is just great, esp patroling borders, good garisons and well stacked armies.
    I'm using currently UAI with its labels, so I may revert back if LCAI is more aggressive

My current CAI

Some kids like to pee there names on the snow in winter... Chuck Norris can pee his name into solid concrete!

Chuck Norris doesn't have to shape his hair... It stays in shape out of sheer fear.

A snake once bit Chuck. After five days of extreme pain... The snake died.

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

What I do like about this CAI is that AI factions actually send armies on crusades and reach their targets. In the first few turns the pope called a crusade upon Baghdad and the HRE captured it.
    can confirm this.

I called a crusade on Cordoba - Portugal, HRE, France, Genoa, and Sicily all got there before I could!

So I nabbed Badajoz from the Moors instead.

Citizen

So can anyone tell me if CAI is not too peaceful like in previous version?

Citizen

Bump, can anybody answer the question above please? I need to make up my mind concerning CAI, will give rep to anyone with constructive feedback comparing modified LCAI (ss6 cai) and latest UAI

Well I have not really played a long 6.1 campaign yet, but my 6.0 campaign was pretty awesome!

I played as Norway, and had seen crusades called upon the holy lands and armies actually reaching their target and taking it.

I also noticed some nice naval invasions: Denmark invaded Scotland, Portugal invaded Ireland.

I did not have too much time to play that campaign though, so I can't be really constructive. What I saw was great, and now that the rebelling factions bug is fixed I expect it to be even better.
    Artifex

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

I'm playing on M/M and the Lusted's CAI seems to be working very well.

crusader/ jihad armies march to their targets, the AI does try and merge scattered units.

and aggressive - well by turn 70 on my early era game as England, the Moors had destroyed Portugal and the Fatimids and Seljuks had destroyed OKT. L-C has been showing up in Ireland (who never do anything - can they go on crusade?) Even the diplomacy is tougher - L-C threatening me with attack unless I pay them some money and others refusing to even trade map information.

With 6.1 I'm seeing a few more assassins and spies and catholic priests as well.

Pirate ships are also proving more of a nuisance.

(Having some pretty epic battles too!!!)