Page 8 of 228 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617183358108 ... LastLast

Thread: The Elitist Chat Thread

Default Re: The Elitist Chat Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Scorch View Post
    Well, I've just turned 15. I mean, it's not as if there's a real gap in maturity or personality, really. We're basically best friends at the moment, but I really do like her. It's frustrating me that I can't even tell her because it's just creepy for her on so many levels.
    No, and as you get older you'll find that a 3 year age difference is relatively minor. It is only significant at your age, and then primarily because of the events at that stage of life. She'll be heading to uni soon if she hasn't already, with everything that entails: dorm life, no curfews, plentiful alcohol, etc. It's a major switch and people change rather drastically when making it. Most of the couples I knew in high school failed to survive it and, even if the two of you are at the same university, your difference in situations would cause complications (unless your parents are fine with you sleeping over in her dorm room/going to late parties/generally behaving like your typical college freshman...in which case just don't turn into my wife's cousin, who started uni at 16 and failed out at 18, a pregnant alcoholic meth user). It's great that you're friends, just don't let yourself get hurt if and when she makes the switch.

On the other hand, you're going to be starting a real career at the same time that your age group is graduating from high school, giving you a major advantage with the ladies at that point in time
    Son of Simetrical son of Crandar son of Siblesz
    Citizen, Patrician, 3rd Speaker of the House, former CoM

I IP banned 1/6 of Romania and all I got was this lousy sig.
    "A society that puts equality ahead of freedom will end up with neither."
    Manstein's Muscle Thread

Scorch's Avatar One of Giga's Ladies
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Erich von Manstein View Post
    No, and as you get older you'll find that a 3 year age difference is relatively minor. It is only significant at your age, and then primarily because of the events at that stage of life. She'll be heading to uni soon if she hasn't already, with everything that entails: dorm life, no curfews, plentiful alcohol, etc. It's a major switch and people change rather drastically when making it. Most of the couples I knew in high school failed to survive it and, even if the two of you are at the same university, your difference in situations would cause complications (unless your parents are fine with you sleeping over in her dorm room/going to late parties/generally behaving like your typical college freshman...in which case just don't turn into my wife's cousin, who started uni at 16 and failed out at 18, a pregnant alcoholic meth user). It's great that you're friends, just don't let yourself get hurt if and when she makes the switch.
    Well she's not going to Uni, she never really wanted to. Here, Uni doesn't necessarily mean moving out of home and going half way across the country to get pissed every night, most Uni students still live at home, especially in Sydney, because the best Australian Universities are not even an hour away by train. She's going on a holiday for four months to the UK with her family in June, and that's going to drive me nuts in itself.

I just really don't know what to do. It's driving me absolutely insane that I can't tell her how I feel, but I know that it would be incredibly weird for her if I did. I really don't want to ruin our friendship, but it's just driving me crazy. I'll probably end up doing something stupid anyway.

On the other hand, you're going to be starting a real career at the same time that your age group is graduating from high school, giving you a major advantage with the ladies at that point in time
    It sure as hell doesn't give me an advantage with the ladies my own age now.
    Patronized by Ozymandias, Patron of Artorius Maximus, Scar Face, Ibn Rushd and Thanatos.

The University of Sydney | Bachelor of Arts III (Majoring in Ancient History and Italian Studies)

I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and
    billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.
    - Mark Twain

Godless Musings: A blog about why violent fairytale characters should not have any say in how our society is run.

Indefinitely Banned

Remember Scorch, emphasize the fact that you on the first date or else she's out of the stable. Be a man.

3 years of law school tuition...$90K
    3 years of lost wages that my friends have all been earning...$180K
    Finally being able to add an "Esq." to the end of my name...wait, I set myself behind by more than a quarter of a mil for THIS?! Are you kidding me?
    Son of Simetrical son of Crandar son of Siblesz
    Citizen, Patrician, 3rd Speaker of the House, former CoM

I IP banned 1/6 of Romania and all I got was this lousy sig.
    "A society that puts equality ahead of freedom will end up with neither."
    Manstein's Muscle Thread

Thanatos's Avatar Now Is Not the Time
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Miraj View Post
    Remember Scorch, emphasize the fact that you on the first date or else she's out of the stable. Be a man.
    Scorch isn't THAT desperate.

Finally being able to add an "Esq." to the end of my name...wait, I set myself behind by more than a quarter of a mil for THIS?! Are you kidding me?
    Well done! Enjoy that brew!

Farnan's Avatar Saviors of the Japanese
    Right behind you starring over your shoulder.

Now all you got to do is by yourself a police dispatch listener, and a fast car and become a real ambulance chaser.
    “The nation that will insist upon drawing a broad line of demarcation between the fighting man and the thinking man is liable to find its fighting done by fools and its thinking by cowards.”

—Sir William Francis Butler

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Thanatos View Post
    Doesn't matter. The man has to set the rules, not the female. Scorch, tell her "bj or SCRAM!" after the date. Don't mess around, playas go straight 4 da prize. It always worked for me.

Being black also helps, you should work on that too.

Cúchulainn's Avatar 我不是老外,我是野蛮人

Mine is a song lyric form "Vermilion" by Slipknot.

Based from the work by Friedrich Nietzsche on the "Master-slave morality".
    First Child of Noble
    I've had my fun and that's all that matters
    Je Combats L'universelle Araignée

The Good's Avatar the Bad and the Ugly

Sorry if this would be considered advertising, or not off topic enough for this thread, but has anyone here tried the new Europa Barbarorum, the 1.1 version? Its awesome, I'm currently playing through a Roman campaign, I took most of the Italian peninsula, except for the Gallic north, and Sicily, which is not peninsular. I've allied with the Getae (Dacians), and I'm still at war with Epeiros, which has conquered most of Makedonia.

In other words, its one epic campaign.

By the way, who wants to have a free balloon?

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Thanatos View Post
    ... you don't know that ...

Doesn't matter. The man has to set the rules, not the female. Scorch, tell her "bj or SCRAM!" after the date. Don't mess around, playas go straight 4 da prize. It always worked for me.

Being black also helps, you should work on that too.
    Sorry Miraj, I can't pull off your gangsta moves.
    Patronized by Ozymandias, Patron of Artorius Maximus, Scar Face, Ibn Rushd and Thanatos.

The University of Sydney | Bachelor of Arts III (Majoring in Ancient History and Italian Studies)

billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.
    - Mark Twain

Godless Musings: A blog about why violent fairytale characters should not have any say in how our society is run.

Indefinitely Banned

Dissapointing, young padawan. Dissapointing.

I recommend you start by listening to some NWA: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vAmKdgrLf8

Who da dat u luv ta get'?
    Usssssss
    Who da dat u ing wit'?
    Ussssssss

The hoes love that . Freal.

Patrician

Dissapointing, young padawan. Dissapointing.

I recommend you start by listening to some NWA: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vAmKdgrLf8

Who da dat u luv ta get'?
    Usssssss
    Who da dat u ing wit'?
    Ussssssss

The hoes love that . Freal.
    Oh! Good grief! There go my ear drums.

*goes back to listening to Switchfoot and Avenged Sevenfold and other undoubtedly white music*

Hey, I'm in a rock band, does that up my sheer coolness rating any?

- Mark Twain

Indefinitely Banned

Rock band?

Well it depends what type.

Badass bands like Motley Crue get bouncin' blonde bombshells who'll do anything.
    Coldplay get's chicks who cut their wrists.

Patrician

So true.

So what are your tips for a white(r than sour cream), elitist fifteen year old to become more gangsta?

- Mark Twain

Scar Face's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

HEY! Coldplay is not emo!

Quote Originally Posted by Scar Face View Post
    HEY! Coldplay is not emo!
    Ah. Right.

@Scorch: Miraj is right - all about attitude. Don't know if his wording is the best, but he's got the general idea.

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Publius View Post
    @Scorch: Miraj is right - all about attitude. Don't know if his wording is the best, but he's got the general idea.
    The "I couldn't really care less about you" attitude?

- Mark Twain

Haha, like I said, the wording might have been a little off...

It's the whole confidence bit, I guess. Old news maybe but it's true.

Not to mention, if you can already play a guitar... get to work, brotha.

Patrician

I think the problem is the whole idea that the girls I tend to fall for are the ones I hang out with ... which are ones that are around three or four years older than me.

- Mark Twain