Thread: The Elitist Chat Thread

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Default Re: The Elitist Chat Thread

Mummy why's the smelly old person yelling about the good ol days?

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

Can I have an internet medal?

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    I demand my internet medals immediately!

(prepare for a senior rant)

Sonny listen up, I've been on this site since you were figuring out what your dick was for. I've seen Manstein forumban half of eastern Europe by accident as well as three forum buyouts. I was here when the Serbians, Kurds, and Romanians wanted to slit eachother's cyber throats and what's worse, I had to moderate the entire thing. I've been cursed more times in Serbian, Albanian, Macedonian, and regular old English than you will be in a lifetime! I was the muddiest mudpit moderator who ever dove headfirst into the mud. At the same time I was escaping this pain by pretending to be a Roman senator for ten years. When I got bored of all that I spent several years scouring the forum looking for and publishing things the site needed or wanted - I battled Prince of Macedon and English Nobility at the same time, losing and winning battles in the most unexpected ways possible, all of which became public for consumption and entertainment. I decided that wasnn't enough involvement here and grabbed a hand on the wheel of the Curia, exerting influence in who I thought should be here and arguing against those who shouldn't - I was so ing difficult I got Halie to resign his citizenship for several years. I presided, personally, over the downfall of prominent members who were otherwise sexual predators, serial offenders, or people I did not like, including myself.

I'm the ing lizard King.
    Im pissing my pants mate

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Artifex took an arrow to the knee

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

not much, to be honest
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    I was so ing difficult I got Halie to resign his citizenship for several years.
    Without conflict there can be no progress.. BTW, the 10 year award was my idea, you're welcome..

Maybe it can be inserted over the position of my postcount to hide the embarrassing number of times I've posted? We could remove it after I reach my 66,666th post to showcase my evil in the most dramatic way possible on an internet forum.

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

I always thought I was the evil one... Perspective I guess..

I love Mitchell and Webb

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Artifex took an arrow to the knee

Hey all,

I felt like I should probably mention somewhere that I've been inactive for about a month, and that that's going to continue indefinitely.

I've had real life stuff piling up for a few months and I realised that TWC could no longer be a priority, since those who know me know that I take something of an 'all or nothing' approach to things like moderation, modding and staff work. In fact, as soon as I stopped visiting every day, I quickly filled that 'void' with so many other things, which tells me it was the right thing to do. Today is the first day I've logged in in 11 days.

I'm currently looking for new, temporary work, which is obviously not easy to find, having had work at my previous job dry up over the past couple of months. Temporary, because I've booked a trip to Europe for the entire month of July, which I'm absolutely stoked for, because I've been literally 'thinking about it' for years, only to never commit. After that I'm going to come back and flog my guts out over a summer of cricket. I play a reasonable standard of amateur cricket currently, being 25 now I'm nearing my peak physically, and want to push for as high a level as I can over the next few years. Thereafter, I'm thinking about going (back to) uni next year, and studying something in a science field. I probably should have worked harder to do that straight out of high school, but I didn't, so there's no point dwelling on that now. I had the epiphany that 'there's no time like the present' (I'm a genius, aren't I?).

The flip side of that is not doing everything I can to work towards all my goals, which, for me, as a born procrastinator, has been a lifelong problem. Obviously, I should be able to manage my real life and still be able to enjoy TWC (which I still do). Right now I can't manage both, though. Previously I've put too much time into things here and don't leave enough time and energy for things that count. My mod, Colonies & Empires, has fallen by the wayside while I absorbed myself in staff and moderation work, which is a shame. Thankfully, I've been able to hand the mod over to my teammates, who continue to work away eagerly and are clearly excited to put their stamp on the mod. I look forward to returning later and helping them out, and/or enjoy playing the mod.

It may be that I get back on track in the next few weeks or months and resume the things I like to do here, but for the time being I haven't been doing any moderation or content work. I think I can say the News Team have plans which rely upon (my) global moderation permissions, so I hate to let them down. The upkeep of my own Announcements threads system (shameless plug: check it out if you haven't already - I think it's a great platform for modders and players alike) is also a concern in the short, medium and long term, as for the system to provide the service it intends to modders, a global mod needs to copy the posts manually to their destinations. A bit of leg work, but something I've never had a problem with.

These issues pale in comparison to the thought of me not making the most of my 20's. Seriously. I hate to get so deep and meaningful, but have you ever woken up and thought, ", I'm x years old."? That was me, at my ripe old age of 25 - I know, who am I kidding, right? But, I moved to Melbourne when I was 22 and I felt really young. That time has flown and I'm not where I really want to be, despite making progress overall. The best thing I ever did was move into the share house I currently live, away from any idea of easy living with parents, relatives or similar as I always have done previously. It's really great.

I realise I'm younger than many others of you, and some of you have even implored me previously to get out and make the most of my life while I am so young, and without many commitments at all. So, I am, and I will. Like many people - in fact, most people - I know, I've had mental health demons to battle over the years, but I've found that taking the first step on things, while daunting, is often all it takes to get moving. Finding a job to save up for my holiday is nothing. I am really, really lucky to be in the position I am. I read about someone like Lord Baal, who is an awesome guy, struggling just to feed himself and his family. It puts things in perspective. When there are things I can do to get where I want to be - find a career, find new friends, find love, yada-yada-yada - I realise I'd be an idiot not to do them, and not to do them now.

I'm rambling, so I'll leave it there. Suffice is to say that, sorry, but I won't be around as much for a while, I guess. I love it here and I've made great friends, and I'm looking forward to those continuing. I want to tell you all about my trip in a couple of months and definitely will do that. If you're interested, PM me and I'd be happy to have you on Facebook or similar, not that I use it very much but it's another way of staying in touch.

Thanks and cheers,

Frunk

No this is great!
    TWC should be an escape from life, not just your life.

Go find yourself a "life" and never be a stranger

----

On a side note, I set up a discord channel. If you interested in chatting, PM me and I will send you the link to the channel.

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

RIP all the hopes and dreams of filling every position of staff with an Aussie. Best of luck to ya Frunk.

Katsumoto's Avatar Quae est infernum es
    took an arrow to the knee

Take care Frunk, real life should always take precedence. Hope it all goes well for you.
    "I pray Heaven to bestow the best of blessings on this house and all that shall hereafter inhabit it. May none but honest and wise men ever rule under this roof."
    - John Adams, on the White House, in a letter to Abigail Adams (2 November 1800)

La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham's Avatar Artifex♔Duffer♔Civitate
    The Den,with a massive pair of binoculars, surveying TWC, ensuring members are laughing & happy!

Its not good enough Frunk old chap! TWC takes precedence over real life, drop any notion of a life outside of TWC immediately sir!

He He...do what you know is right man...take as much time as you need, get things on track and best of luck in anything you do, in the short time I've had the pleasure to know you, I like the cut of you jib!

Last edited by La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham; April 18, 2018 at 09:35 AM.

"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained Dufferism"

Hello all,

I have been incredibly busy.

My wife and I welcomed a new addition to the family on Aug. 27, 2018. Roman Xu ... (Xu ["Middle name"] is his mother's Family name)
    Spoiler for Pictures

Additionally, I started a new position in Shanghai and have been busy setting up a house and all that.
    I am currently recovering from an illness that had me on my back for four days.

I will most likely deal with issues here sometime this weekend. Apologies for the inconveniences with my current proposal.

Pike
    Last edited by PikeStance; September 06, 2018 at 02:49 AM.

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Congratulations Pike
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Aikanár's Avatar no vaseline
    Blog Entries

Congratulations, Pike, I'll have a Cuban on your little one!

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Glad to hear, Pike, best wishes with everything!

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

Is Xu his middle name? Or are you secretly that Colonel from Die Another Day?

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Congrats Pike.