Thread: The Elitist Chat Thread

Obi Wan Asterix's Avatar IN MEDIO STAT VIRTUS
    Somewhere in a lost valley in the Italian Alps

Default Re: The Elitist Chat Thread

Men usually don't particularly wield pure logic, but rather the subjectively corrupted form of it which all human beings are accustomed to. Women are there to challenge us, in this case the "us" referring to heterosexual males more than others.
    All are welcome to relax at Asterix's Campagnian Villa with its Vineyard and Scotchbarrel
    Prefer to stay at home? Try Asterix's Megamamoth FM2010 Update
    Progeny of the retired Great Acutulus (If you know who he is you have been at TWC too long) and wooer of fine wombs to spawn 21 curial whining snotslingers and be an absentee daddy to them

Longest Serving Staff Member of TWC under 3 Imperators** 1st Speaker of the House ** Original RTR Team Member (until 3.2) ** Knight of Saint John ** RNJ, Successors, & Punic Total War Team Member

TROM 3 Team - Founder of Ken no Jikan **** Back with a modding vengeance! Yes I will again promise to take on the work of 5 mods and dissapear!

Diamat's Avatar VELUTI SI DEUS DARETUR

There is no such thing as "pure logic" anyway. Nothing in this world is pure. Nothing is simply an sich.

Hobbes's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by Chlοë View Post
    Logic will not win in every situation, either. It's certainly useful in many situations, but not all of them. Eloquence and strength of argument will not always carry the day, and I'm sure the girl in question thinks that she had eloquence as well! Even so, these things aren't about who was more eloquent or 'won'; it's about being able to resolve conflict without damaging the relationship in a way that is equitable to all parties.
    Well I'd love that, but I will not stand there and be ridiculed as she is blaming me for everything. And if I know one thing is that it's rarely a single person's fault in these situations...

BLM - ANTIFA - A.C.A.B. - ANARCHY - ANTI-NATIONALISM

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Sometimes when we are confronted with situations that make us feel threatened or uncomfortable we lash out and look for someone else to blame; that's natural and normal. Again, this isn't about knowing things or being right, it's about being understanding. I know it's tough, since I've been in a few situations like this myself.

-
    Last edited by Hobbes; May 24, 2013 at 06:22 AM.

Content Emeritus

You had a disagreement, and she is probably hurting, too; that is why she lashed out. No one is 'right'. And hey, you have us. :3
    Last edited by Legio; March 17, 2013 at 06:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chlοë View Post
    You had a disagreement, and she is probably hurting, too; that is why she lashed out. No one is 'right'. And hey, you have us. :3
    Indeed I do ^^
    Thanks for taking the time to even think about all this, it means a lot.

Content Emeritus

This is where you say how wonderful we are...

You are!

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

I bid a hearty hello to my fellow elitists.

Oh, yeah, I forgot, you're wonderful.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

No you're wonderful!

Last edited by Obi Wan Asterix; March 17, 2013 at 08:37 PM.
    All are welcome to relax at Asterix's Campagnian Villa with its Vineyard and Scotchbarrel
    Progeny of the retired Great Acutulus (If you know who he is you have been at TWC too long) and wooer of fine wombs to spawn 21 curial whining snotslingers and be an absentee daddy to them

Longest Serving Staff Member of TWC under 3 Imperators** 1st Speaker of the House ** Original RTR Team Member (until 3.2) ** Knight of Saint John ** RNJ, Successors, & Punic Total War Team Member

TROM 3 Team - Founder of Ken no Jikan **** Back with a modding vengeance! Yes I will again promise to take on the work of 5 mods and dissapear!

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

Quote Originally Posted by The Dutch Devil View Post
    SZOMBATHELY BRIGELS BRNO PEREYASLAVA!
    ​SOMETHING SOMETHING PENNSYLVANIA

No... this is Hungarian code for "we are the greatest empire that ever existed, all shall bow before us and speak hungarian." The 4 places are locations btw.

I broke my headset today. Awesome...

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes. View Post
    I broke my headset today. Awesome...
    You always were one of the most talented and awesome members of our superior people!

Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Obi Wan Asterix View Post
    No... this is Hungarian code for "we are the greatest empire that ever existed, all shall bow before us and speak hungarian." The 4 places are locations btw.
    Not in the shummite language, Asterix. These words, written thusly and expressed in the shummite manner, are the most powerful seal against the thrice-accursed one. Only shummites use it correctly. I, Most Exalted High Priestess of Shum (MEHPS), tell you these things.

Then SZOMBATHELY BRIGELS BRNO PEREYASLAVA! I shiver at the prospect of the thrice accursed one! ************Asterix shivers

Content Emeritus

Do not fear, for I will embrace you.

I weep at the prospect!

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

Quote Originally Posted by Obi Wan Asterix View Post
    Then SZOMBATHELY BRIGELS BRNO PENNSYLVANIA! SOMETHING SOMETHING COMPLETE! I shiver at the prospect of the thrice accursed one! ************Asterix shivers
    Fixed it for you