Page 207 of 207 FirstFirst ... 107 157 182 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207
Results 4,121 to 4,132 of 4132

Thread: The Elitist Chat Thread

Flinn's Avatar In Dude We Trust
    Citizen

Default Re: The Elitist Chat Thread

yes afaik he is absent at the moment, but was something planned anyway

yes, we miss him

Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix, of the Imperial House of Hader.

mishkin's Avatar Tribunus
    Citizen Censor

So, do you think the curia is dying? Or this is just a phase? I do not think there has never been such a low stage, but I'm not a veteran here.
    Under the patronage of Garbarsardar

FrostySOTF's Avatar Ice in My Veins
    Gaming Staff Citizen

Blog Entries

Hopefully it's just a phase, I have a boyish dream of House Politics/politics rising and a politicial game happening among the ambitious/active citizens.

Caesar-Style.

Quote Originally Posted by FrostySOTF View Post
    Hopefully it's just a phase, I have a boyish dream of House Politics/politics rising and a politicial game happening among the ambitious/active citizens.

Caesar-Style.
    Really? Are you GED's alt? Well, you won't tell me if so.

FrostySOTF's Avatar Ice in My Veins
    Gaming Staff Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bethencourt View Post
    Really? Are you GED's alt? Well, you won't tell me if so.
    He has similar hopes? Finally! A kindred spirit!

I think there is a lot of activity lately in the Prothalamos. Another thing is the lack of candidates for the offices and so the debates about it.

mishkin's Avatar Tribunus
    Citizen Censor

Days ago I was wondering what would happen without a single candidate for the censor or the curator (indispensable for the curia) role.
    Under the patronage of Garbarsardar

I think that the bitterness of some debates refrains, in general, the activity. When you are curator you are even more exposed to the criticism. The will to participate in that election process and the role of the office depends on the perception we have of the benefits of it in comparition to other activities. In CDC times the curator was the leader of a "select" group, so it had a higher glamour level. Now maybe it is seen as the guy for all. Maybe the doge of Venice before and now the chairman of the congress.
    Last edited by Bethencourt; Yesterday at 02:52 PM.

Doctor Shuu's Avatar 75% Water
    Citizen

The Curator is merely a janitor, there isn't much to criticize. The problem is lack of time and interest. The whole site is in state a complete apathy and while certain areas have people who's job is to motivate and convince other people to participate the Curia has no such role.
    Last edited by Doctor Shuu; Yesterday at 04:23 PM.
    Under the patronage of Squid Girl. I am here, click me!

Iskar's Avatar Merry Unbirthday!
    Citizen Curator Censor

The Doge? Maybe we can restore some glamour by an adequately pompous voting procedure as used in Venice:

Go out and pick a random Peregrinus to draw thirty lots from a pool of all Citizens.
    These thirty are then reduced by lot to nine,
    the nine elect forty and the forty are reduced by lot to twelve,
    the twelve elect twenty-five, reduced by lot to nine,
    the nine elect forty-five, reduced by lot to eleven and
    the eleven elect forty-one that elect the Curator.
    "Non i titoli illustrano gli uomini, ma gli uomini i titoli." - Niccolo Machiavelli, Discorsi

Under the patronage of the impeccable Aikanár, alongside Neadal, Squeaks, Makrell, Kaiser Leonidas, Sheridan, Bercor and Higo Chumbo

Quote Originally Posted by Iskar View Post
    The Doge? Maybe we can restore some glamour by an adequately pompous voting procedure as used in Venice:

Go out and pick a random Peregrinus to draw thirty lots from a pool of all Citizens.
    These thirty are then reduced by lot to nine,
    the nine elect forty and the forty are reduced by lot to twelve,
    the twelve elect twenty-five, reduced by lot to nine,
    the nine elect forty-five, reduced by lot to eleven and
    the eleven elect forty-one that elect the Curator.
    That is a proof that having too much fresh water arround you is not good in long term.

I think we better provide the curator with an iron exoskeleton with ability to fly and shoot at pleasure some kind of energy pulses.

Maybe the CVRIA needs a long term project.
    Last edited by Bethencourt; Yesterday at 06:21 PM.

PikeStance's Avatar Abrasive and Charming
    Citizen Vault Staff Censor

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Shuu View Post
    The Curator is merely a janitor, there isn't much to criticize. The problem is lack of time and interest. The whole site is in state a complete apathy and while certain areas have people who's job is to motivate and convince other people to participate the Curia has no such role.
    First the Curator is not a janitor. A janitor cleans. A Curator is an administrative position. That being said, the Curator doesn't have a mandate. They do not bring change. They certainly can propose ideas and people for awards, but so can any citizen.

Over the years the administrative tasks of the Curator has increased. While the Curator can hire assistance, you still need to find them. If I am not mistaken, Shanks had few assistants who disappeared on him. The Censors performs an unenviable task. Most people do not like judging their peers. There is also little fanfare in the position since the proceedings are all behind close doors. There are certainly more worth while roles to do on the forum than the Censor. Moreover, members do not like to be "moderated" and citizens hate to be called out even more.

I said this a 1000 times it seems, but the Curia draw isn't what it once were. It survived under the misguided notion that it is something more than it is now. You throw in the pettiness, over exhaustive debates, and a change in the type of users on the forum and it is not surprising the Curia is a virtual ghost town.

I personally think the modern user is less concern with award given than in years past. They are ore concern about the areas of the forum they are most interested. In these areas, they may be interested in recognizing contribution, but not site wide. Any attempt to convince these users of the utility of a Curia is an exercise in futility. The internet evolves. The site must be flexible enough to meet the demands or it will be cast aside as irrelevant.
    SubMods | Activities | Projects | Modders Wanted

*** HELP WANTED! ***
    Imperial Splendour
    is looking for a 2D artist/ texturer for temporary or as a permanent member of the development team.
    If interested or have questions, please contact PikeStance (Mod Manager) or wangrin (Mod Leader)
    WE HAVE OTHER NEEDS TOO: PLEASE SEE OUR AD HERE