Thread: The Elitist Chat Thread

La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham's Avatar Artifex♔Duffer♔Civitate
    The Den,with a massive pair of binoculars, surveying TWC, ensuring members are laughing & happy!

Default Re: The Elitist Chat Thread

Its getting difficult to distinguish these days, take the S.A.S and U.K. police armed response units for instance, (S.W.A.T. units in America!...G.S.G.9 etc )

"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained Dufferism"

Nevins's Avatar Semper Gumby
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Adrian View Post
    Court systems and legislative bodies which do almost nothing to prevent incidents like that from happening and fail to punish cops guilty of abusing their station, need I remind you of the LA riots? How many of the cops involved in killing innocent has been convicted lately?
    Its cute that you think you have any clue what happens in the US . You still sure about the Gendarmiere not being police? I mean, I get the fact that you loathe the US but I don't really get where it comes from
    Last edited by Nevins; June 02, 2014 at 09:54 AM.
    Client of the honorable Gertrudius!

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

That doesn't answer my question.

I don't loathe the us, if I did i wouldn't be on an American website and my friends list wouldn't be filled with americans. I do however hate what the US government has been doing for the past 10 years with the patriot act, increased presidential powers and the increasing militarization of the police force becuase it will all trickle down to the rest of the world and while Obama my be sensible enough not to utilize his power to have anyone in the country assassinated or indefinitely detained, how long is it before a bunch of oligarchs in Eastern Europe start thimking that might not be a bad idea. Or worse yet, what if Chris Christie becomes president.
    Last edited by Sir Adrian; June 02, 2014 at 02:08 PM.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

I'm curious to see what the US has in regards to limiting the powers of the police, besides Copwatch
    A few points:
    The United States does not have a national or federal police.
    There are a few federal agency that do investigations however, FBI (Federal Bureau of Investigation, ATF (Alcohol Tobacco and Firemarm), Federal Wildlife and Fishery Gents, and US Marshals. There is also US Border Patrol as well.

Most state laws are actually enforced by municipal or country police. State Police do very little enforcement. I grew up in an unincorporated area of outside of New Orleans. The county (in Louisiana they are called Parishes) actually enforced the laws. New Orleans is incorporated, so the NOPD is the enforcer.

Law enforcement officers are issues .38 unless they prove they can shoot a higher calibre weapon. Many do carry 9mm weapons. Their unit (car) would be equipped with a shotgun and I think an assault wespon (but I am not sure). There are procedure to the use of the weapon.

To your question,...
    Each time a firearm is discharge there is an internal investigation to ensure the officer followed the proper procedure. Contrary to belief the use of deadly force is only allowed in specific situations. Each police department as an INTERNAL AFFAIRS department that handles these situations.

In years pass internal investigation was hampered by the "blue line" where police officers would "cover" a fellow police officer. I do not believe this is issue is as "bad" as it once was. Despite all of this, police corruption do exist.

DISCLAIMER: I am not a police officer. This is just information I have learned over the years. Much of what I wrote may be an over generalization.

The Roman Republic's Avatar Alea iacta est
    Citizen Content Emeritus

Let us not forget.

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

Playing call of duty 2 all afternoon.

Omnipotent-Q's Avatar All Powerful Q
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Finally, at long last, the new Premier League season is starting today. I've very much looking forward to Cabella bring muchas surprises for Man City tomorrow! WOOOOO!

Under the patronage of the Legendary Urbanis Legio - Mr Necrobrit of the Great House of Wild Bill Kelso. Honoured to have sponsored these great warriors for Citizenship - Joffrey Baratheon, General Brittanicus, SonOfOdin, Hobbes., Lionheartx10, Mangerman, Gen. Chris and PikeStance.

Arsenal gonna win it (I hope)
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

So, when do we get to start to hear "LvG Out !" ?
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius

Arsenal gonna win it (I hope)
    Gotta Love it! Arsenal the only home side to win...scoring both goals in added time!

Lord William's Avatar Duke of Nottingham
    Citizen

I've been a Chelsea fan for years, before they were good

Lets go Chelsea, Lets go

Section Editor ES
    LibrarianLocal ModeratorCitizenCdeC
    Under the patronage of Jom • Patron of Riverknight & Stildawn

I used to like Chelsea a long time ago. And then Mou became manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord William View Post
    I've been a Chelsea fan for years, before they were good
    Lets go Chelsea, Lets go
    I sort of lucked into being a an Arsenal Fan. Living and growing up in the US, I got little information about club teams in Europe. When they started to show EPL on TV I decided to choose a team. I brought up the official EPL page and looked at the teams emblems.... Arsenal was a cannon and their colors were red! Bam! that was my team! At the time, I was a civil war re-enactor and my unit was an artillery unit. My favorite color is red. It was also the color of my university.

Other teams I pull for...French: Stad Brestois 1929- my grandmother is from Brest.
    Italy Firorentina. The fleur de lis is symbol of their city, like New Orleans, my home town.
    China: Changchun Yatai
    I do not pull for any other particular team because I have no specific tie to any team. (Note: Germany could be Stuttgart since on my grandmother's side I have a number of ancestors from Baden.

I used to like Chelsea a long time ago. And then Mou became manager.
    I lucked out... I really liked Arsene's style. Plus, He has done a great job with the limited amount of funds at his disposal.

I support Arsenal since I was 12 because they traditionally play like my favorite local team, Rapid Bucharest. Chelsea under Vialli and Ranieri used to play the same, a pity the "special" one ruined that.
    Last edited by Sir Adrian; August 19, 2014 at 11:02 AM.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Anyone knows what the latin title of a general commanded few legions during early imperial era ?

Like Aulus Platius during the invasion of Britain ?
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

Quote Originally Posted by Omnipotent-Q View Post
    Finally, at long last, the new Premier League season is starting today. I've very much looking forward to Cabella bring muchas surprises for Man City tomorrow! WOOOOO!

Pfft sports. I'm looking forward to Dr Who in just a few days

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

Dr Who must die.
    (Or be canceled)

Liverpool in the Rafa Benitez times. But right now honestly I dont even care about Barça.

Hesus de bodemloze's Avatar The Gaul
    Civitate Patrician Content Emeritus

Wait soccer started again?
    Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae :
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    The Writers Study|Ex-Global Moderator|Moderation Mentor| Ex - Librarian of the Scriptorium|PoTW|MAARC|ToTW
    SPQR Forum Moderator

Aikanár's Avatar no vaseline
    Blog Entries

Footie never stops

Son of Louis Lux, brother of MaxMazi, father of Squeaks, Makrell, Kaiser Leonidas, Iskar, Neadal, Sheridan, Bercor and HigoChumbo, house of Siblesz

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.

Thank God for this chat thread. Pardon the bump but jeez this part of the forum is so much better. I can't find a reasonable course of discussion in either the TWA or Rome 2 general discussion forums. It's all inane ranting and hate, I know people feel burned after Rome 2 despite it being a damn year later, but there's nothing wrong with being cautiously optimistic. Plus the reasons I've heard from people are confusing since this expansion is showing more changes than in the original BI and Napoleon compared to their Rome 1 and Empire respectively. Yet people act like this is the worst thing ever. The standards for these games are absurdly high, people want a simulator or it sucks. At least that's how it feels to me. Sometimes I question the sanity of certain members by how they rant and rave over these games.