Thread: Diplomacy problem?

Libertus

Default Diplomacy problem?

Hi everyone, first to say that this mod is surely the best, I know everyone must say that but its beacuse its the truth

Ok I have got the next problem, Im playing with England in VH/VH and its turn 70 and France nor Scotland have war me, in fact 2 turns away France wared Scotland, either Denmark has war me, only Ireland wared me at turn 20 aprox, and if it wasnt for the fact I went to the Holy Land in turn 15, It would be as easy/easy difficulty level, all the fun I have got is to hold Acre, helping Hungary whos got Jerusalem and helping the Templars in the north, and only because I keep a low amount of armies in the Holy Land, it has been all too easy, is it a problem with English faction?, I played with Aragon before and at least Sicily wared me after the Moors, but still, as Aragon never got a big naval war. One thing is to factions not to break alliances as crazy and every1 against the player, but if u have a "poor/very poor relation" plus allied to their enemies, they should war right?

Libertus

Default Re: Diplomacy problem?

anyone got an idea what could be?

joewagner501's Avatar Tiro

I don't have your problem. I always get attacked by factions I am not allied with. They not only go to war with me but do so with gusto. I end up having to fight off waves of attack by them. Maybe you haven't been attacked by Scotland or Ireland because they feel your garrisons/Empire is too strong? I have noticed that the AI will target a bordering province that is lightly defended.

Libertus

thanks for ur answer joe, i keep just the free unkeep slots in all the cities/castles, like at York, just 2 spearman units, but scotland never tried, and at normandy just a family member plus 2 spearmen (caen), i installed the zumas mini mods (emergent koj+stone forts) so im starting the game again, i'll play the english again to see if it happens the same about diplomacy

ps: might be the fact i always have a perfect relation with the pope? when i war some1 the pope rarely calls me to end hostilities, and my none allied catholic factions usualy get excomunicated

joewagner501's Avatar Tiro

I think the politics has a lot to do with it. If your reputation with the pope is higher than theirs, they will think twice. Also, if you are allied to someone they are allied with, they will think twice (you don't have to be allied to each other). Another possibility is the type of leader they have. Is the leader militaristic, expansionist, war-monger, etc or just peaceful?

On a side note, I was playing as Ireland last night, got an alliance with Scotland and attacked England. Within two turns the Scots had sent two army stacks into English territory and declared war on them in order to support me. I thought that was pretty neat and that type of AI activity makes the game more fun.

Libertus

The same problem persist for me, I played once again with England and the same happened, none of the "traditional" enemies wared me, this time I had to war Scotland, Ireland nor France showed up, thank god Wallace appeared, making it more fun. I thought it might be the type of weak enemies, so I started a new game yesterday as Byzantium, hoping a more challenging game, its turn 40, I "stole" Venetian and Hungarian expansion provinces but none as war me, in the holy land I allied the Templars, and either the Fatimids nor the Seljuqs have war me, turn 40!, so I started a quick campaign against Hungary, 4 turns already and even I have all my forces on them, practicaly no forces on my other borders, no other faction as war me, if it keeps like this, 1v1 against Hungary, its done. Whats going on, why any1 wars me, I remember other mod (CAE) that was more like Vanilla and every1 wared me like crazy, at least it was hard to hold so many fronts.