Thread: Rome Online isnt working

Default Rome Online isnt working

Something is very weird here. Rome doesnt seem to be working online for any1 anymore. It wont let any1 log on, it keeps on saying "Failed to Log On". I have x-fired many ppl and they say they cant get online either.

Does any1 know wat is going on?
    Last edited by atraps; April 29, 2008 at 10:19 PM.

Xavier Dragnesi's Avatar Esse quam videre

Default Re: Rome Online isnt working

No idea. I've been able to log on 3 times already just today.

I can go online without any problems. And I saw a lot people online, so you should probably be able to get on as well.
    Last edited by Selifator; April 30, 2008 at 04:30 AM.
    Every time you :wub:, god kills another kitten.
    If you're gonna hire Machete to kill the bad guy, you better make damn sure the bad guy isn't YOU!

'I understand, and I take the light into my soul. I will become the spear of Khaine. Lightning flashes, blood falls, death pierces the darkness.' , Dhrykna.

Prince_of_Macedon's Avatar Πρίγκηψ της Μακεδονίας

Quote Originally Posted by atraps View Post
    Something is very weird here. Rome doesnt seem to be working online for any1 anymore. It wont let any1 log on, it keeps on saying "Failed to Log On". I have x-fired many ppl and they say they cant get online either.

Does any1 know wat is going on?
    Have you read through the stickied thread yet entitled "How to Play Online?"
    HOW TO PLAY EMPIRE TOTAL WAR OFFLINE

"It is a lovely thing to live with courage and to die leaving behind an everlasting renown." - ALEXANDER THE GREAT

Watch my online-commentary battles here
    Under the Patronage of Hader

Well its working again, but last night (April 29, 2008) from 10p.m to 10:30p.m (GTM -6) online didnt work

Ill tell u guys wat happened. At around 10p.m i was in a game and all of the sudden it said "warning gs connection lost" we finished the game then when i got out, it kicked me offline. So i try relogging back online and it kept on telling me "Failed to Log On". So i reload rome and even restart my computer, but still it didnt let me get online. So then i x-fire some ppl and they also say they cant get on rome either. So then i came here and i wrote that post above ^^. Then at around 10:30p.m. i try again and it worked. Here is a pic of the lobby at 10:35p.m.

Well my question is wat was the problem last night?

p.s. Plz remember that if u live in a differnet time zone then me, the times above^ will not be accurate. My time zone is GTM -6

Xavier Dragnesi's Avatar Esse quam videre

No idea....

I've actually started playing RTW multi again because that error happens all the time in M2TW. I get aggravated seeing "Failed to log on" 10 times before I can get in.

yes every1 gets the failed to log on error once in a while, and to fix that just restart rome. But last night no1 i mean no1 could get on...

Prince_of_Macedon's Avatar Πρίγκηψ της Μακεδονίας

Quote Originally Posted by atraps View Post
    yes every1 gets the failed to log on error once in a while, and to fix that just restart rome. But last night no1 i mean no1 could get on...
    One time, nobody couldn't get online for 24 hours. Oh well, at least GS is free.
    HOW TO PLAY EMPIRE TOTAL WAR OFFLINE

"It is a lovely thing to live with courage and to die leaving behind an everlasting renown." - ALEXANDER THE GREAT

Watch my online-commentary battles here
    Under the Patronage of Hader

Saint12345's Avatar Foederatus

THIS PROBLEM AGAIN! :@
    I play rtw for a long time, and suddenly since yesterday when I try to play online, I am loading for years and in the end it says "Failed to logon". What the hell is problem now, when I could play it just 2 days ago! :O

Quote Originally Posted by Saint12345 View Post
    THIS PROBLEM AGAIN! :@
    I play rtw for a long time, and suddenly since yesterday when I try to play online, I am loading for years and in the end it says "Failed to logon". What the hell is problem now, when I could play it just 2 days ago! :O
    Hey Saint, it's a different problem this time. The gamespy servers for RTW (and soon to be all gs games) have now shut so that is why you haven't been able to get online. However CA has set up some steam servers so you now have to use those to play online. To do so you need to set up a steam account and then use your RTW CD key to get a free steam copy of the game. Then you'll be able to log on and continue to play. Let me know if you have trouble doing this and I'll help you out.