Thread: the key for kill easily many legionaries

Default the key for kill easily many legionaries

many people have problem with these short soldiers with that pilla and the short knife . so i tested it today by play a custom play 5 scythed chariots vs 2 urbans 2 hastati and 2 from the 710 denarii legionaries and i win . the legionaries fly on the sky . then i tested 5 scythed chariots vs 20 hastati and i win again .

do you know any mod with scythed chariots in macedon ?

fourganger's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: the key for kill easily many legionaries

You might be able to add them in yourself. RTR has the Seleucids with chariots, but not Macedon.

Also, chariots vs. Legionnaires isn't exactly indicative of superiority. A couple of archer units behind the legionnaires will mess up chariots big time.
    Whatcha' wearing?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Daddy smells leather...

If you have lots of heavy cavalry and the enemy only have legionaries, just charge straight into them. Victory in no time.

Xavier Dragnesi's Avatar Esse quam videre

Macedonians didn't use chariots historically. I suppose that's why they aren't in the game. They actually despised them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim the great View Post
    these short soldiers with that pilla and the short knife.
    Thats the way to look at them

I personally like fighting Romans the best, cause thats who I spend most of my time fighting against and I know their weaknesses.
    try the Elephant+cavalry combo,
    I tried 2 normal(small) ele units and 2 roundshield cav against and army of 14 hastati, I crushed them like there was no tomorrow, charge both eles(overlapped the units) into one unit at a time and followed with both cav units in same formation, instant rout, then on to next unit, I lost a few eles due to pila but my eles didnt run amok once.
    the trick is to move your eles from one unit to next as soon as they stop moving, even if the hastati haven't routed yet, in other words it takes a bit of micro management but it pays in the end
    ---When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with---

---What's brave, what's noble, let's do it after the high Roman fashion,
    And make death proud to take us---

---When we are born, we cry that we are come to this great stage of fools---