Thread: Baron's Crusade & KoJ submods

Default Baron's Crusade & KoJ submods

I have updated the First Crusade (imperial campaign) and the late era Kingdom of Jerusalem faction (custom campaign) based on historic research.

http://files.filefront.com/KoJ+11+SS.../fileinfo.html

The historical background for this mod is for SS 6.0 is the family tree for the Baron's Crusade and the Kingdom of Jerusalem, with placement of historical figures.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Crusade

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baldwin_IV_of_Jerusalem

I have also used as references utilizing Runciman, Steven. A History of the Crusades: Volume 1, The First Crusade and the Foundation of the Kingdom of Jerusalem.

Please backup you files before copying into the directory:

C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War

The four most significant of the nobles of the First Crusade are represented in the imperial campaign in replacing the Knight's Templar faction in their attempt to take Jerusalem. I assumed the Kingdom of Jerusalem occurred in starting from Tortosa (really Adana) in focusing on taking of Jerusalem during the Barons' Crusade, (during the 1st Crusade). This includes all the major leaders such Bohemund of Taranto, Geoffrey, Tancred and Baldwin. I also tied each of these nobles to a family tree with Godfrey, as the senior member, Baldwin as the senior heir, followed by Raymond and Tancred, with wives for each. I have yet to figure out how to remove the Knights Templar titles from the leaders. I also need to move the starting point from Tortosa to Adana. There is also the issue of the capital placement (to Jerusalem when taken), which has been done in the DLV forum. Any help in this area would be appreciated, too.

I have modified the Jerusalem Faction in the custom late era to reflect the 1180 time period which saw Baldwin IV as King, and includes his sister Sibylla marrying Guy of Lusignan. Also Guy was not yet out of favor with Baldwin IV, and was considered the regent during the King's incapacitation. It was not until 1183, that Baldwin IV, became offended by Guy's actions as regent, and appointed his 5-year-old nephew Baldwin of Montferrat as his heir and successor. Baldwin of Montferrat, was Sibylla's son by her first marriage to William of Montferrat, who died before his son's birth. Baldwin of Montferrat, is considered incorrectly by the game as Baldwin of Lusignan in the updated Jerusalem faction file. I have also included the other individuals and their respective families during the time period to include Balian of Ibelin, Raymond of Tyr, and Raynald of Chatillon.
    Last edited by gfortune; April 29, 2008 at 12:35 PM. Reason: update file

Laconian's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Baron's Crusade & KoJ submods

Looks awesome. I'm interested. Before I download, can you tell me in which exact folder to paste the code in. Thanks.

Paste into the C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War
    (if that is where SS 6.0 is located). Please backup your files first.

its probably not save compatible is it?
    Think,and thou art faithful

Shouldn't descr_names.txt and descr_names_lookup.txt be inside the data folder in your download?

Yes. File updated in first post.

I do not not know if it is save compatible. But I have started a new game when playing.

hi,

I have a problem with a troop at Antioche...dismounted Hospitalier Knights looks like pilgrimm ?? do you have the same bug and what can i do ?

Eraly campaign whith all the barons of Europe is a good idea but their force are a little poor...i think that a part of feudal knight in each armee is more historical...???
    Last edited by debris; July 14, 2008 at 01:10 PM.