Page 5 of 94 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions

Default Re: Suggestions

I made a post in the "Artillery Use" thead:
    It'd be awesome if there was a unit with decent attack and armor, and was educated in use of all artillery. The unit would be designed to "steal" other peoples artillery. Very versatile.
    I really hope something like this is implemented in future, as it could add flavor to the game.
    E8400
    4GB DDR2
    HAF932
    Windows 7 Ultimate X64

Is it possible to change Ireland for The Latin Empire of Constantinople in the Late Period. I don't see why I can hold all of the Southern Balkans and Western Anatolia when all of the Balkans were lost. Also Trebizond was independent, so it could be rebel or part of the byzantine state of nicea

Also the family tree and faction name for the FAtimids in late - to ayyubids.

Thanx for reply M, Yes I have done all that. I'm running a Dell XPS dual driver....actually this started w/europa barbarum and there was an excellent post how to disable virtually everything before playing the game...I've done it all...other than learning how to mod myself I see no end to my particular complaint...oh well, once again thx for reply.

GV

by the way, what sys r u running and do u have improved times..?

Quote Originally Posted by es_bih View Post
    Is it possible to change Ireland for The Latin Empire of Constantinople in the Late Period.
    AHHH...don't listen to him
    How about expanding on Ireland...give them more units that would be better

Anyways the real reason I am posting is to suggest that you add the buildable stone fort mod in your next update. I just manually installed it onto your mod and although it wasn't really all that hard it was quite time consuming because obviously I did not want to overwrite anything.
    Currently it is an optional update for the retrofit and grandcampaign mod and I simply thought you could add in the same way you added the supply mod (with option to not install and also option to remove).

One thing that is lacking in the current buildable stone fort mod is the ingame "build fort" pic. It still looks like a wooden fort

Just a suggestion...but I don't see any reason why you shouldn't :hmmm:

Also I was wondering if you would consider changing the prequisites for eliminating a faction. Currently it is set for taking the last settlement but I saw a mod where it was set so that a faction is eliminated when the last living member of the faction is destroyed...This would make the game seem a little more realistic and at the same time make it more interesting.

I look forward to hear your personal opinions regarding these ideas
    Last edited by McCoy!; May 03, 2008 at 10:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by general_varro View Post
    Thanx for reply M, Yes I have done all that. I'm running a Dell XPS dual driver....actually this started w/europa barbarum and there was an excellent post how to disable virtually everything before playing the game...I've done it all...other than learning how to mod myself I see no end to my particular complaint...oh well, once again thx for reply.

GV

by the way, what sys r u running and do u have improved times..?
    No problem...
    That strange. Well reinstalling Medieval and installing only SS I think you tried too? Clear all registry, increase virtual memory? In the end - reinstalling windows may be?

Athlon 2.3 , 1 gb ram, x1800 - 256mb ... about 20 seconds on late period turns wasting

KK,

I am sure I have posted this before but should not really be able to have hanesatic league before event and printing as well, so

printing_press city requires factions { hre, poland, } and event_counter first_printing_press 1
    hanseatic_guild requires factions { northern_european, eastern_european, } and event_counter hanseatic_league 1

also still like the idea of gm_swordsmiths_guild allowing weapon_melee_blade 1, as one location in the world should not unbalance thinks and gives the player the incentive to develop the chain.

To err is human, but to really foul things up you need a computer.
    Paul Ehrlich

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

I would like to make a few suggestions regarding Sicily.

Next to the norman knights and the muslim archers they dont have anything special.

Normally I would think 3 unique units are enough, but lets not forget that they get norman knights instead of feudal knights.

Giving them feudal knights wouldnt be needed of course, but they could perhaps get another norman unit in the roster, and perhaps a muslim or greek unit as well.

This wouldnt require any new units, just existing units being made available to Sicily.

The Norman unit could be an existing Axe infantry unit, the Silicians barely have anything that can pierce armor so that would fill up that gap.

Something like the Huscarl perhaps though I dont know if that would be accurate, or a two handed axe unit.

And for the greek or muslim unit I have some suggestions too.

A horse archer unit could replace the mounted crossbowmen, Or muslim halberd militia could be added to the roster.

Furthermore I have a few small suggestions regarding skins.

While the Norman Knights look awesome, theres a small thing that does bother me a bit about them, this problem also exists for Christian guard.
    Not all of them wear a belt or sash, but they do have sword sheaths. They should be hanging on a belt or sash though, they cant just float.

Next to that I think the teal colors are a bit overly colorfull, maybe this color could be replaced with another.

wolfslayer's Avatar Senator

Need to add merc ships to the Caspian Sea, Sea of Azov and Persian Gulf regions; those are some large areas of water and would have available transport for hire ;-)

Viewing and editing MTW2 textures with MWthumb and DXTbmp

Add teutonic knights to teutonic order as a standard unit. And I think adding Marienburg would be nice to for the teutons
    Last edited by Darkie; May 04, 2008 at 05:20 PM.

Edi Birsan's Avatar Libertus

Change the label of 'Increase in Trait' to 'Change in Trait'
    I find it very annoying to be told that Scurvy has increased my trait.

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

Any chance of decreasing the amount of scurvy and pneumonia whilst on campaign?

I would have thought that being out in the fresh air and moving about might even be healthier than sitting around in settlements?

Quote Originally Posted by Rozanov View Post
    Any chance of decreasing the amount of scurvy and pneumonia whilst on campaign?

I would have thought that being out in the fresh air and moving about might even be healthier than sitting around in settlements?
    Lol, you can do that if you just stay in your own province...right?

A few thoughts about 6.1:

-- Add the 'all factions horde' option as part of the installer. (i.e. when they lose their last city they spawn a stack or two for one last chance).

-- Add the 'KOJ emerges' mod option to the installer. This is particularly needed since the Templars seem to get slaughtered with great frequency.

-- I definitely agree that the stone forts mod should also be an optional part of the installer -- I just love it. Those castles are magnificent!

-- Lithuania, Knights Templar and Kingdom of Jerusalem need more balancing, they keep dying very quickly in my campaigns. Lithuania should be a powerful faction that survives a long time, since it makes such a great opponent for Christian factions (and since it did historically become very strong). And same with KOJ in particular -- it needs help or it gets swallowed up fast. These observations are based on the few campaigns I've played, maybe others are getting different results.

I think that "Early" and "Late" campaigns starting years should be moved forward in time. For me at least it is hard to overlook these issues. Knights Templar are playable faction in 1080 (Early campaign's start), while the Order was not founded until ca. 1119. The Kingdom of Jerusalem is playable faction in 1220 (Late campaign's start) when it had (effectively) seaced to exist in 1187 - or that the Byzantine Empire is playable at this time too, while it would not rise again for 41 years due to the Fourth Crusade and creation of the Latin Empire.

Would it not be more reasonable to have the Early campaign start (ect) around 1120; this way the Kingdom of Jerusalem could be a playable faction in it, together with the Templar, and both would be historically accurate factions? The Late campaign could start (ect) around 1261 - the year the Byzantine Empire made its comeback and took down the Latin Empire.
    Last edited by vonVince; May 05, 2008 at 08:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vonVince View Post
    Would it not be more reasonable to have the Early campaign start (ect) around 1120; this way the Kingdom of Jerusalem could be a playable faction in it, together with the Templar, and both would be historically accurate factions? The Late campaign could start (ect) around 1261 - the year the Byzantine Empire made its comeback and took down the Latin Empire.
    I agree (although I would merge Templars and KOJ to free up that slot...)

But what would the situation of the KOJ be in 1261? I believe they were reduced to Acre/Antioch and possibly Cyprus...

You misunderstood me, I did not mean that the Kingdom of Jerusalem should be a faction in the Late campaign; after all, the kingdom had effectively seaced to exist by that point.

And frankly, you said my thoughts of the Knights Templar. The Knights Templar did not even ever reach the status of monastic state like the Teutonic Knights and couldn't thus have dreamed of an state - which is why I wonder what they are doing in the mod as an faction. I suggested the inclusion of Knights Templar - with the Kingdom of Jerusalem, in early campaign, for people who'd like to have them as an faction, although I do not really support the idea of having them as an faction. With "historically accurate" I meant that by 1120 the Order had actually been founded. Should the Knights Templar be removed as a faction the Early campaign could well start (ect) around 1099; the year the Kingdom of Jerusalem was founded.

Knights Templar (together with Hospitaller) should be presented within the Kingdom of Jerusalem as a number of different units.
    Last edited by vonVince; May 05, 2008 at 09:00 AM.

I suggest a Mediteranean trading networks( a series of these constructions along the mediterean sea, the more you have them, the more income generated from each construction). This should make players try to take coastal provinces to help their finance. Such thing can be applied to the Hanseatic League in the Northern sea, and the silk or caravan road in Middle East.
    By the way, i think the damage by the siege weapons on the walls should be increased( or wall hitpoints decreased) because early in the game, my catapult i bring along can not breach a hole in the minor city wall, that means siege engines kinda consume too many slots in my army, which should be given to other units.
    Last edited by Hektor27; May 05, 2008 at 10:51 AM.

*** From 6.0 *** With regards to guilds:

There seems to be a good balance if you wait, as England I got woodsmen's in nottingham, merchant in london, explorer's in exeter, theologicans' in York, swordsmiths in Iverness, asassins' in rennes, and captured a few horse breeder's from AI. Also got Thieves guild of course in aberdeen and knights hospitallar in ze Holy lands. All I did was build the corresponding buildings.

Swordsmiths' seems difficult to obtain, had high level barracks and armourer, trained lots of units but nothing, got it in inverness where I hardly built anything, (both were fortresses btw). I would say make them easier and instead of experience have the weapons upgrade again.

Havn't seen a mason's yet, and AI seem to take the first one that comes to them e.g. horse breeders and thieves.

Can you still get Knights Templar guilds in this mod?

Anyway that was from playing early era England in 6.0. I mention it now because I don't think any changes were made in 6.1. Enjoying the new patch with RR btw.

You misunderstood me, I did not mean that the Kingdom of Jerusalem should be a faction in the Late campaign; after all, the kingdom had effectively seaced to exist by that point.
    I think KOJ should be in both campaigns -- with a strong presence in the Early, and a weak, vestigial presence in the Late.