Thread: Help Playing Egypt

Default Help Playing Egypt

Im loving this mod so far, however Im having some issues in the game that I never came across in the vanilla game, and I was wondering what strat do I need to change to accommodate the changes this mod has.

I am currently playing as Egypt. I have defeated The Kingdom of Jerusalem, and currently at war with Antioch. Early on in the game (turn 3) a crusade was called on Cairo. I let them take Cairo, and then took it back, however every Christian nation is at war with me.

So my 2 issues are this:
    None of these Christians nations will agree to a cease-fire, none at all. Do I need to bribe them now to get a cease-fire? This brings me to my second issue.

Money. I have every town south of Krak De Chevailles, yet my income is about 4000 a turn. This with only about 3-4 units in each town, Jerusalem and Krak De Chevaille with half-armies, and 1 full army fighting Antioch. At 4000 a turn, I can barely afford any building upgrades, and hence cant get new troops, improve my economy, upgrade troops, or bribe other factions. I already have all settlements at VH tax.

So I'm at a loss on what I can do.
    Thanks for any help

Default Re: Help Playing Egypt

Quote Originally Posted by RedeemerAZ View Post
    Im loving this mod so far, however Im having some issues in the game that I never came across in the vanilla game, and I was wondering what strat do I need to change to accommodate the changes this mod has.

I am currently playing as Egypt. I have defeated The Kingdom of Jerusalem, and currently at war with Antioch. Early on in the game (turn 3) a crusade was called on Cairo. I let them take Cairo, and then took it back, however every Christian nation is at war with me.

So my 2 issues are this:
    None of these Christians nations will agree to a cease-fire, none at all. Do I need to bribe them now to get a cease-fire? This brings me to my second issue.

Money. I have every town south of Krak De Chevailles, yet my income is about 4000 a turn. This with only about 3-4 units in each town, Jerusalem and Krak De Chevaille with half-armies, and 1 full army fighting Antioch. At 4000 a turn, I can barely afford any building upgrades, and hence cant get new troops, improve my economy, upgrade troops, or bribe other factions. I already have all settlements at VH tax. So I'm at a loss on what I can do.
    Thanks for any help
    I agree with you.It seems that no matter what you do you can't do enough to raise income.The AI seems to get tons of income which i don't mind but i would like to have some to.The AI builds massive amounts of soldiers and i have trouble building a few full armies without going broke.I have tried several angles to keep up with the AI and have given up to typing my own income in.~give_money 40000----A great way to keep up with the AI.
    Last edited by razor1955; April 27, 2008 at 06:45 PM.

@RedeemerAZ,

Since you have captured all of the Holy land and destroyed the Kingdom of Jerusalem as a faction. There is little chance of peace with any of the catholics again. Once you go over a certain point in the campaign like kicking the christians out of the Holy land, or attacking the pope THERE IS NO GOING BACK. From here on there is only total war for you! Good luck and pray that god is on your side!

Edit: About your low income, if there has been a lot of wars lately around these regions the lands will be devastated. Give it time and their incomes will return. Also being at war with everybody else explains why trade is so low. Normally Egypt and the Holy land are some of the richest areas on the map.

Dave

yes, devastation could cut 1000 for each province.

Devastation levels in this mod make you think seriously about how you attack your enemies. Trying to starve out a garrision will lose you a lot of potential income! Think before you attack? do you want to leave the region severely crippled for years? The best tactic is to strike hard and fast, prolonged sieges should be avoided if you want to occupy the settlements you capture.

Dave

You can make Dongola a city too. You don't neeed a fortress far in the south egypt and a city bring a lot of money, unlike the castles.

The thing is though if the Egypt AI loses Dumyat it has no more castles to train troops in.. Thebes was originally a castle in bigmap and I already changed that to a large town. So Dongola will remain a place where castle units can be recruited and moved up from the south. It makes sense to me that Egypt should have 1 castle and 1 town in the south. How about making Al Suways start as another castle on the frontline against the crusaders?

Dave

Oh, I wasn't thinking about making Dongola a town at the beginning on the map. But it was an advise for Redeemer: he said he took all the regions south of Krak des Chevaliers, he can now turn Dongola into a city, he doesn't need it any longer as a castle. I haven't played many turns on egyptian campaign, but the starting position seems to be fine. If Al-Suways is a castle, it can be lost by the Ai at the time with Dumyat. A castle in the south is a good idea at the start.