Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mod Idea, I would like opinions to know if it's possible...

Icon5 Mod Idea, I would like opinions to know if it's possible...

Personally I yust hate watchtowers, in my opinion they yust clutter up the map so I edited them out a long time ago, did it since RTW.

Anyway I would like to know if it's possible that you build a certain building in a city or castle wich would remove the fog of war for that province?

EDIT: I posted it in the wrong forum, this belongs in the minimod section...

Default Re: Mod Idea, I would like opinions to know if it's possible...

that would be awsome! I hate when u conquer a province you still cant see the extent of it!

Hellbent's Avatar Semisalis

Is it possible though?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellbent View Post
    Is it possible though?
    Thats what I want to know, I "heard" it was like this in Shogun...

Hmm, I can't think of an EDB parameter that alters or uses field of view.. perhaps a script can help us out here.
    Artifex
    Under the patronage of King Kong
    Proud patron of y2day and yelowdogg23

Quote Originally Posted by Chimaeira View Post
    Hmm, I can't think of an EDB parameter that alters or uses field of view.. perhaps a script can help us out here.
    Sript like in EB scripts that you have to activate yourself at the start of the game?

YD23's Avatar Cторожевая Cобака.

I would love to have that.
    Playing as Russia, and it's really hard to see, since there is so much open space. I would like to know if there is a full stack of rebels nearby or a Kievan Rus' army on it's way...

Now that I think of it, it would be to much of an exploit, nevermind, forget the entire idea. What is more fun then a enemy stack that you didn't saw comming...
    Last edited by Nick_Since_1985; April 27, 2008 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Since_1985 View Post
    Now that I think of it, it would be to much of an exploit, nevermind, forget the entire idea. What is more fun then a enemy stack that you didn't saw comming...
    Well, its not like you can't do this with normal watchtowers, making it a building is just making the whole thing more efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Since_1985 View Post
    Thats what I want to know, I "heard" it was like this in Shogun...
    Sorta like that in Shogun and MTW, except you didn't have the movement point etc and whatever (It's early morning and I can't think of the right words) As soon as an enemy entered your land you fought them with whatever forces you had in the province, if you lost the remainder of your men retreated into the castle etc in the province where you could either be starved or assaulted.
    "...Boldly they rode and well,
    Into the jaws of Death,
    Into the mouth of Hell
    Rode the six hundred.
    " - Alfred, Lord Tennyson.

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

If I remember rightly, someone tried looking into this a while ago and couldn't find a way to do it.

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

hey i have a Q? were is the map.rwn file or what ever it is I was thing about adding watch towers to all staring faction lands (not a lot but some) but you need to delete said file but i have no clue were it is (or what is really called)
    can anyone help a fool?

Quote Originally Posted by kbibs89 View Post
    hey i have a Q? were is the map.rwn file or what ever it is I was thing about adding watch towers to all staring faction lands (not a lot but some) but you need to delete said file but i have no clue were it is (or what is really called)
    can anyone help a fool?
    C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Stainless_Steel_6\data\world\maps\base for me.

It's "map.rwm"

Quote Originally Posted by Australia View Post
    Sorta like that in Shogun and MTW, except you didn't have the movement point etc and whatever (It's early morning and I can't think of the right words) As soon as an enemy entered your land you fought them with whatever forces you had in the province, if you lost the remainder of your men retreated into the castle etc in the province where you could either be starved or assaulted.
    Gawd I loved Shogun I thought it was the sht back then. I used to play the whole campaign in one seating.
    But yeah provinces were basically slots of land and two opposing armies in the same slot(province) meant battle. So there was only one field battle map per province and one siege battle map.

Btw, too bad we can't do what the OP wanted.

IZ-Master's Avatar Centenarius

What scrip its used for towers to work ? IF this can be altered it will work if this is hard coded then it wont work like that , but another way to look at it its spy and Sight of range , any agent or general can have traits that give it and hence making the view bigger ^^ , IF worked right something similar can be obtained ^^

Stainless Steel Beta Tester Version 6.0->6.1
    DarthMod 1.4 D: The Last Episode Beta Tester

Is it possible to find out what script it is for the towers, and modify the range so it pretty much covers the whole province?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellbent View Post
    C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Stainless_Steel_6\data\world\maps\base for me.

It's "map.rwm"
    thanks hellbent

Quote Originally Posted by yelowdogg23 View Post
    Is it possible to find out what script it is for the towers, and modify the range so it pretty much covers the whole province?
    Would that really achieve the intended effect? Since provinces vary in sizes and the radius has to be uniform for all towers? If the range was wide enough I guess you would end up seeing all your province as well as most of another province unless you place it smack in the middle

Ahhh, you're right.

Note; I have lost my harddrive and had to reinstall everything, in the process i lost everything regarding M2TW, so i am only going from memory and therefore cant test anything, which i otherwise would.

You should be able to create a new building tree with a new building, then using a script give the said building a line of sight. there is a command to give generals line of sight i believe, check the docudemons for it and then apply it in a script targeted at the building, if thats not possible, then it may only work if you targeted a character present in the settlment when the building is present, once again i dont have any of the files so i cant check on any of this, but if my memory serves me correctly it should be possible one way or the other. You would still be able to build watchtowers with your generals on the borders of your region aswell, and these in effect would not be related in any way to the one in the building tree, and would give you a view of enemy territory (which keeps the strategical element of building watchtowers).

When i get my system back up to par i will check this all out properly.
    ...longbows, in skilled hands, could reach further than trebuchets...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast