Thread: Question regarding obtaining territories in HOI2

Default Question regarding obtaining territories in HOI2

I am playing as Germany and have inevitably gone to war with the Soviet Union. It is going quite well and have pushed all the way to Moscow. I would like to call it quits though now and deal with Allies instead of the of the Comintern. I know how to conduct a peace treaty but what I would like to know (if there is any way) is how do I ask them only for territories that I have actually taken. Because in the peace treaty area it lists ALL their land. I could write down all the ones I have taken and then just ask for that but that would take a long time.

As you can probably tell by the question I am new to this game. I have only had it for 4 days. But the anthology was well worth the $10.66 price tag. lol
    Member of S.I.N.

Default Re: Question regarding obtaining territories in HOI2

I think any country in one of the three big alliances (Axis, Comintern and Allies) will not sign a normal peace deal. You will need to keep pushing, soon you will trigger the bitter peace event. When it triggers, you'll have the choice of getting the European part of the Soviet Union or continue the war and fully annex the Soviet Union. Most just go with the peace, I think there is also a large dissent penalty if you continue.

Axeman's Avatar Praepositus

Yeah, the trigger for the peace is you *or the axis of say persia joins and takes one* must control the following cities:

Minsk
    Smolensk
    Baku
    Moscow
    Leningrad
    Stalingrad
    Kiev
    Odessa*?maybe?*
    and this one province that begins with Ky something, think its like kyschmekia or something like that....

☻/ This is Muhammad.
    /▌  Copy and paste him
    / \ so as to commit horrible blasphemy!
    If there were a God, I think it very unlikely that he would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt his existence. --Bertrand Russell

Spart's Avatar Senator

Indeed, there really isn't much need for peace treaties in the game, it's all or nothing. In case of Soviet Union, go with bitter peace, occupying the rest of that landmass takes lots of time and men, and all you get is few more IC, a ton of partisans and your TC will be destroyed forever.
    Member of S.I.N
    Finns to the rescue!

How absurd men are! They never use the liberties they have, they demand those they do not have. They have freedom of thought, they demand freedom of speech.
    -Søren Kierkegaard