Thread: What is with seiges in this mod?

Default What is with seiges in this mod?

Exactly how strong are the defensive bonuses that the AI gets during battles where i am seiging.

If i see a unit of Gothic Knights lose to some polish "Spearmen" on the walls one more time i'm gonna ing scream.

Default Re: What is with seiges in this mod?

That could be because of your difficulty level or because the gothic knights were already reduced by arrow and/or got isolated on the wall.

If you're going to assault other units on the walls, make sure you use a unit with "Excellent Morale". Otherwise they'll just get demoralized and rout. You're obviously the HRE, and thus the Dismounted Teutonic Knights are the perfect unit for this.

TheColdTruth's Avatar Ordinarius

My Light at Arms men can beat spearmen militia on the walls don't know whats up with your Gothic Knights....What difficulty you playing?

also make sure to use the right troops in the right conditions.

2 hander troops, the ones who rely on killing alot of the enemy in the first wave (the whole shock and awe incite a rout thing)... better off putting them in seige towers, since they cant stand up on their own on walls long enough for their mates to get up ladders... plus it lets them really shock the enemy when they all dump out of a tower at once.

sword and board type troops are better with ladders since the first ones over the wall wont die instantly and their mates will make it up to reinforce the breach.

hes saying when he gets up to GK he will scream if they lose!!! Currently I assume he is having the same trouble I am, attacking a castle is now as hard as it whould be. The attacks must have massive superiority to win.......
    its how it should be.....
    So don't expect to win versus equal forces or even the first attack. Attack in waves with two full armies...... its as it should be....
    BTW on h/h german mercenary knights chew through enemy in sieges

Sail your ship as part of a fleet. Devs previously worked on: Darthmod, World of Warplanes, World of Tanks, RaceRoom, IL2-Sturmovik, Metro, STALKER and many other great games..

Don't spearmen have a faster hit amination then GK's...or any 2-hander for that matter? Could be the reason that your knights or getiing chewed up. They're getting hit to fast for them to fight back. Try using a 1-handed onit with a shield.

Ok, thanks for the tips guys