Thread: CTD Trying to Start Campaign

rebel5555's Avatar Foederatus

Default CTD Trying to Start Campaign

Code:
    11:46:06.781 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    11:46:06.781 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Jun 25 2007 version bld-medieval2-update2.1-30 (43169) ===
    11:46:06.796 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    11:46:06.796 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    11:46:06.796 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    11:46:06.796 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    11:46:06.796 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    11:46:06.796 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    11:46:09.234 [script.err] [error] Script Error in Stainless_Steel_Mod/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 1910, column 11
    Could'n find level name description string for trait(ImpHatched) level(ImpHatched).
    11:46:09.234 [script.err] [error] Script Error in Stainless_Steel_Mod/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 1911, column 21
    Could'n find description string for trait(ImpHatched) level(ImpHatched_desc).
    11:46:09.234 [script.err] [error] Script Error in Stainless_Steel_Mod/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 1912, column 28
    Could'n find effect description string for trait(ImpHatched) level(ImpHatched_effects_desc).
    11:46:09.250 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in Stainless_Steel_Mod/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 13698, column 15
    Condition parser doesn't recognise this token: SuppliedBySea
    11:46:09.265 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in Stainless_Steel_Mod/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 14341, column 49
    trigger  not found
    11:47:07.734 [data.invalid] [error] Insufficient video memory to load requested texture set.
    I start the Campaign and the game crashes. I can run Vanilla Medieval 2 with no problems at max details. By the way I'm using 4.1 of your mod because I don't have kingdoms.

I have 1.5 GB Memory, 256MB Nvidia 7800 GT AGP video card.
    Is there any thing I can do to fix this. By the way I can play custom battles just fine. Keep up the great work on your mod.
    "With all my devotion to the Union and the feeling of loyalty and duty of an American citizen, I have not been able to make up my mind to raise my hand against my relatives, my children, my home. I have therefore resigned my commission in the Army, and save in defense of my native State, with the sincere hope that my poor services may never be needed, I hope I may never be called on to draw my sword....."
    Robert E. Lee

Default Re: CTD Trying to Start Campaign

I looks like you're computer hasn't got any free space left. Un-instal some games that you don't play anymore and see if it works...

I have 76.5 GB of free space on my hard drive. So I don't think the amount of free space is an issue.
    "With all my devotion to the Union and the feeling of loyalty and duty of an American citizen, I have not been able to make up my mind to raise my hand against my relatives, my children, my home. I have therefore resigned my commission in the Army, and save in defense of my native State, with the sincere hope that my poor services may never be needed, I hope I may never be called on to draw my sword....."
    Robert E. Lee

Have you been messing with textures and/or meshes? Or have you installed any mods that are perhaps incompatible?
    Artifex
    Under the patronage of King Kong
    Proud patron of y2day and yelowdogg23

No I haven't. The only mods I have are in there own unique folder and they don't use the main data folder at all.
    Robert E. Lee

I meant minimods that alter SS's files.
    Artifex

I've figured it out. Thank you for your help anyways. Keep up the good work.
    Last edited by rebel5555; April 26, 2008 at 03:12 PM.
    Robert E. Lee

Alright...
    Could you please try to put your graphic details to the lowest settings just to test if that makes any difference? You can also see if deleting the map.rmw file makes any difference. It is located here: D:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Stainless_Steel_6\data\world\maps\base

PS: Did you unpack the game?
    Artifex

Yes I've unpacked the game. The problem was that I originally installed the mod to another folder to see if it modified the DATA directory and it did. So I figured why not move the files that were in that DATA directory to the DATA directory in the Stainless_Steel_Mod folder. So, I thought maybe that's why I have the problem and that's what it was. I reinstalled doing the same thing as before except, I'm using jonesoft generic mod enabler to enable the part of the mod that modifies the core DATA directory so I keep my Core DATA Directory clean. I want to thank you for your help, it's much appreciated!
    Robert E. Lee

Ok great you got it all working now!
    Thread closed.

PS: PM me if you have any questions.
    Artifex