Thread: My small idea concerning Crusader factions

\Vazul's Ghost/'s Avatar Senator

Default My small idea concerning Crusader factions

Now first let me state that I know little to nothing of modding(although I am trying to rectify that), so please forgive me if this suggestion is uncodeable or impossible.
    But I was thinking, would it be possible to have one faction represent all the crusader states in history, including Kingdom of Jerusalem, Antoich, Templars, Teutonic state etc, with one faction slot.
    Lets say the faction would be called "crusader states" and the difference between the actual individual states could be simulated with units, for example teutonic knights could only be recruitable from the baltic regions, knights of Jeruslalem and Outremer etc, could only be recruitable from holy land. Generals in these different areas could gain traits that change their name, for example if a General's bodyguard is trained in Vilnius, he gains trait: Teutonic Knight, which gives him a German name. If it was possible, this traight could effect strat map models; generals from baltic have a teutonic model while generals from holy land look like templars or something.
    I'm not sure how faction leaders would come into it... But this was an idea that has been nagging at me for a while, and I figured that If i was to post it anywhere the most likely place to find out if it was possible would be in the threads for this mod, as the DOR team seem to be the most skilled.
    Sorru if it was a waste of a thread.
    Last edited by \Vazul's Ghost/; April 27, 2008 at 02:28 AM.
    γνῶθι σεαυτόν ~ μηδὲν ἄγαν

Hengest's Avatar It's a joke

Default Re: My small idea concerning Crusader factions

No itīs a good point mate. Well we decided that the Ordenstaat will be represented under the HRE faction. However the Kingdom of Jerusalem and the Levant crusader states will be represented by a single faction. I wonīt go into details right now, but we plan to represent the Monastic Orders in a totally revolutionary way. The KoJ faction will have the greatest access to these units and their tech tree. As regards titles and government, including the rival states such as Antioch- these will be similar to the way in which civial wars or rebels act in the game, a title of government will make a character powerful but less loyal as he becomes more independent. Obviously control over Syria will be one of KoJīs victory conditions.