Page 7 of 253 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516173257107 ... LastLast

Thread: Europa Barbarorum II FAQ

Icon3 Re: Europa Barbarorum II FAQ

No, they won't. See this thread why. A Maurean satrapy has been suggested as a possibility, but I doubt it will be included.

Default Re: Europa Barbarorum II FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by Ludens View Post
    No, they won't. See this thread why. A Maurean satrapy has been suggested as a possibility, but I doubt it will be included.
    look

This will hopefully be the first in a series of “almost-weekly” news updates I will be writing about the progress on EB2.
    it was a beeutifool idea =/

Radboud's Avatar Luctor et Emergo

Maybe it would be a nice idea to create a team thread and then close + frequently update it ?

juvenus's Avatar Campidoctor

What about testudo?

In or out of the game......has it been already decided?

Quote Originally Posted by Radboud View Post
    Maybe it would be a nice idea to create a team thread and then close + frequently update it ?
    What do you mean, exactly? If you are talking about the EB team revealing team members' real identities, I do not think that many of them would appreciate that. If, on the other hand, you are asking for more frequent, less detailed updates on EBII's progress, then allow me to direct you to the EB Twitter page. If you were referring to something else entirely, then please elaborate.

I Am Herenow

MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar Domesticus
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by juvenus View Post
    What about testudo?

In or out of the game......has it been already decided?
    It might work in the game. It still seems to exist in the M2TW code and may be able to be implemented with a little work. It may not be worth the effort, though. It was mostly a siege formation and wasn't used in open field.

ROFL Copter's Avatar Vicarius

Is EB 2 more centered around TWC or is it mainly in the "official" Total War Forum? It seemed that EB1 was.

The EB community is most active on the .org.

Icon3 Re: Europa Barbarorum II FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by ROFL Copter View Post
    Is EB 2 more centered around TWC or is it mainly in the "official" Total War Forum? It seemed that EB1 was.
    The EB1 development forums are at the .Org (which is BTW not the official TW forum, that is located at www.totalwar.com), so most team members posted there.

ROFL Copter's Avatar Vicarius

Which .org?

Will the different government regimes of the nations, like republic, kingdom, ... also be portrayed?

What are the provisions made for the AI I mean we know the script stuff will be improved thanks MTW2 improved script systems but what about in a more general way, will you be using one of the AI mods already out there or come up with your own?
    Who cares if we don't learn from History, its bloodly interesting.

Too much weird stuff happens for god not to exist

Ladies like superior firepower literally and metaphorically

England>Scotland and rest of the world, only the Welsh come even close.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiochos VII Sidetes View Post
    I think they start out as the old militia-based form (hastati, etc) and then turn into the classical legionaries we all know and love (the fanboyized ones).
    Yup, they used the three-rank+skirmishers quincunx setup. It's the same as way you start off with at the beginning of RTW. Personally, I prefer this to the post-Marian units. Pila-chuckers ftw!

Quote Originally Posted by I Am Herenow View Post
    What do you mean, exactly? If you are talking about the EB team revealing team members' real identities, I do not think that many of them would appreciate that. If, on the other hand, you are asking for more frequent, less detailed updates on EBII's progress, then allow me to direct you to the EB Twitter page. If you were referring to something else entirely, then please elaborate.

I Am Herenow
    No, I meant creating a thread with the names of team members and what they do like this (example) : TA:TW the team & credits (close it, so no-one can post there and update it when new members sign up)
    Last edited by Radboud; June 03, 2009 at 07:00 AM. Reason: Putting in a link

Oh, right. Well, we have one of those threads in the internal fora already; I'll start a thread about posting a copy in the public fora, if you like.

I Am Herenow

MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar Domesticus
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Tail End Charlie View Post
    What are the provisions made for the AI I mean we know the script stuff will be improved thanks MTW2 improved script systems but what about in a more general way, will you be using one of the AI mods already out there or come up with your own?
    The EB team tries to create their own versions of everything. Very rarely is something designed for another mod used in EB.

Quote Originally Posted by I Am Herenow View Post
    Oh, right. Well, we have one of those threads in the internal fora already; I'll start a thread about posting a copy in the public fora, if you like.

I Am Herenow
    I would appreciate it, though it's not the most important thing in the world.

Beorn's Avatar Praepositus

I have to say that EB 1.0 was my 1st mod ever to play, and I was amazed to see how an average game could transform into such an amazing thing. With the possibilities of the MII engine, and comparing what had been done with the extremely limited of RTW, I feel like I can wait till 2012 to play this mod!

Nack's Avatar Biarchus

Just one question really.

Is EB2 gonna be as demanding as EB1 was? (regarding performance)

EB1 was really, really demanding. I have a good PC but it was pretty annoying.