Thread: Europa Barbarorum II FAQ

Default Re: Europa Barbarorum II FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Their recruitment pools have been updated with the general reworking of native pools for a large part of the map. I'm also reworking the triggers for their missions so they function better.
    I recall that their bodyguard unit is a placeholder and they are going to get a new one, is that true?

I've noticed that the Goidelic and Caledonian infantry units have 2 armor upgrades with no changes to their model. Is this a mistake?

Quote Originally Posted by Tactics Mayers View Post
    I've noticed that the Goidelic and Caledonian infantry units have 2 armor upgrades with no changes to their model. Is this a mistake?
    That's an error. I found a few others and have removed those too.

Hello! Is there any way to see all of the missions for the various factions?

Quote Originally Posted by arythm1a View Post
    Hello! Is there any way to see all of the missions for the various factions?
    Only by browsing the campaign_script. There's an index of them in their relevant section, though it isn't documented such that you can easily decipher it unless you can also read code.

When you start as Carthage, one general is Shafat although he is older and its summer, his movement is unbelievably low, is it cause he is "Rejected General"? How do I make him "un-rejected" ?

Are the British Nobles supposed to be recruit far earlier(Large tribal community as opposed to Petty Kingdom)?

Are the British Nobles supposed to be recruit far earlier(Large tribal community as opposed to Petty Kingdom)?
    Yes, they're not all that special. The Pritanoi Royal Guard units are still to come.

Yes, they're not all that special. The Pritanoi Royal Guard units are still to come.
    I am listening.

Nothing special? The Arioi and it's bodyguard version have a total of 13 atk power(add the experience boost and it gets 14 atk). No infantry has an atk power that high except the germanic bodyguard and it's infantry counter part.

If that's the case, is the current model for the Pritanoi bodyguard also a placeholder?

Hey Quintus,

What other units will the Galatians have?

And will Pontus get more units in 2.4?.

My guess is that their proper Bodyguards will be introduced in 2.4

Quote Originally Posted by NapoleonMaster View Post
    Hey Quintus,

First,we should wait for 2.3a,then 2.3b and so on.

will ai need same as player reform conditions? such as "Pontos becomes an empire when it owns at least 10 provinces, including Sinope, Trapezous, Kutatisi, Mazaka, Pantikapaion and Chersonesos. It also needs to have won a total of more than 10 land battles against any of these factions : Arche Seleukia, Ptolemaioi, Pergamon and/or Bosporan Kingdom. That's not 11 battles each, that's 11 battles between all those factions. You probably need to be fighting an enemy family member for the battle to count. They also probably need to be initiated by you.
    The impact of this reform is to change Pontos' culture from Eastern Tribal to Eastern Imperial, and to unlock a whole host of new government buildings with varied recruitment." like this from 2.3 reform.

im playing seleucid 130 turns finally AI pontos pushed back hayastan. and i want to see pontos changed to empire and new units like phalangitai.

Quote Originally Posted by servent9 View Post
    will ai need same as player reform conditions? such as "Pontos becomes an empire when it owns at least 10 provinces, including Sinope, Trapezous, Kutatisi, Mazaka, Pantikapaion and Chersonesos. It also needs to have won a total of more than 10 land battles against any of these factions : Arche Seleukia, Ptolemaioi, Pergamon and/or Bosporan Kingdom. That's not 11 battles each, that's 11 battles between all those factions. You probably need to be fighting an enemy family member for the battle to count. They also probably need to be initiated by you.
    The impact of this reform is to change Pontos' culture from Eastern Tribal to Eastern Imperial, and to unlock a whole host of new government buildings with varied recruitment." like this from 2.3 reform.

im playing seleucid 130 turns finally AI pontos pushed back hayastan. and i want to see pontos changed to empire and new units like phalangitai.
    IIRC AI reforms are time-triggered.

Nothing special? The Arioi and it's bodyguard version have a total of 13 atk power(add the experience boost and it gets 14 atk). No infantry has an atk power that high except the germanic bodyguard and it's infantry counter part.

If that's the case, is the current model for the Pritanoi bodyguard also a placeholder?
    They're a generalised noble unit for the islands. I'm not talking about their stats, but their status and frequency.

No, the current bodyguard isn't a placeholder. The royal guard are a very specific late unit.

Quote Originally Posted by NapoleonMaster View Post
    Hey Quintus,

That's it for the Galatian roster, they have all four of their units now.

There's only one more regional unit for Anatolia, and there aren't any more Pontos-specific factional units planned, besides their final bodyguard.

AI factions have completely different (and simpler) reform requirements to the player. Most of them are date-triggered or related to the number of provinces they have.

Pontos' access to Phalangitai has nothing to do with reforms, it comes from them building Hellenistic Colonies.
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; April 12, 2018 at 05:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivir Baggins View Post
    IIRC AI reforms are time-triggered.
    please... please tell me if you know about pontos[+other faction reform time. i know about roman and hellenic times but not others.]

anyone please

AI factions have completely different (and simpler) reform requirements to the player. Most of them are date-triggered or related to the number of provinces they have.

Pontos' access to Phalangitai has nothing to do with reforms, it comes from them building Hellenistic Colonies.
    but i never seen any of Pontos' phalangitai for 130 turns! [only native phalanx...]

they will recruit such things if they conquer bosporus lands or greek lands? Pontos once conquer one of bosporus' land during 130 turns. then lost by samartians.

but i never seen any of Pontos' phalangitai for 130 turns! [only native phalanx...]

they will recruit such things if they conquer bosporus lands or greek lands? Pontos once conquer one of bosporus' land during 130 turns. then lost by samartians.
    Phalangitai only come from the Hellenistic Colony, and only in particular places - Anatolia is one of the most abundant sources of them (there aren't any in Greece, except Makedonia, nor in the Bosporous). But if they don't build their own, they have to take settlements where someone else has built one.

Phalangitai only come from the Hellenistic Colony, and only in particular places - Anatolia is one of the most abundant sources of them (there aren't any in Greece, except Makedonia, nor in the Bosporous). But if they don't build their own, they have to take settlements where someone else has built one.
    so should i gave magaka to pontos? [i build military settler settlement at there.]

and AI pontos become empire if they have 10 provinces, including Sinope, Trapezous, Kutatisi, Mazaka, Pantikapaion and Chersonesos? they don't have pantikapaion and lost khersonesos recently. currently kutatisi is hayastan land.

so should i gave magaka to pontos? [i build military settler settlement at there.]

and AI pontos become empire if they have 10 provinces, including Sinope, Trapezous, Kutatisi, Mazaka, Pantikapaion and Chersonesos? they don't have pantikapaion and lost khersonesos recently. currently kutatisi is hayastan land.
    If Mazaka has a second-level Hellenistic Colony, then sure.

AI Pontos gets the Imperial reform after turn 360.