Page 15 of 253 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324254065115 ... LastLast

Thread: Europa Barbarorum II FAQ

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

Default Re: Europa Barbarorum II FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by PyrrhusofEpirus View Post

3. In the thread that you linked to Ludens, it seems as if it comes down to the interpretation of the evidence of the Lyria vase, which is surely not enough evidence to go on - I would expect a few sources to be cross-referenced. How do we know the pattern on the vase represents chain mail?

Even the author questions what is being depicted, I agree it's too flimsy. Isn't it MUCH more likely that it is layers of non-metal material? Leather or cloth Lamellar. Or some kind of quilted linen cuirass for a horse.

Certainly if it is mean to be chain mail it is an odd stylistic rendering (which is possible) but given the realistic nature of the drawings why would an artist choose to depict only 1 thing stylistically as opposed to realistically? ( if you are not following me: it does NOT look like chain mail which is made of interconnected rings, not zig zag lines). Chain mail does not seem to be the most likely conclusion.

Still, you mentioned "'cataphract' style Iberian heavy cavalry." Even if it is choosen to be depicted as chain mail by the devs in a kind of horse unit available to Iberians... a horse with a chainmail hauberk is hardly a cataphract. And it would be a travesty if a chain mail blanket were treated with the same armor rating as a horse covered in armor plates...

Raiven's Avatar Ducenarius

Will Roman legion units be included?

Ofc not, why would they include them?

Quote Originally Posted by Raiven View Post
    Will Roman legion units be included?
    When you mean the Velites, Hastati, Principes and Triarii then yes. And in EB1 there were three reforms (you start with the Camillian era, later you can reform to Polybian, Marian and Augustean units).

But I have read that the Augustean reforms will be deleted maybe, cause not many players reach them, and they may use the free unit slots for other units of the ten new factions.

Campidoctor

I think it was suggested that they might be deleted if extra unit slots were needed but judging by recent comments made by team members they have more than enough unit slots available so my guess is the imperials are still in.

Genava's Avatar Senator

I think it's possible to use an upgrade to have the Marian/Caesarean Legionnaries and the Augustean Legionnaries, these units are similar:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Caesarean

Augustean:
    Last edited by Genava; February 07, 2010 at 09:12 AM.
    LOTR mod for Shogun 2 Total War (Campaign and Battles!)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIywmAgUxQU

Campidoctor

IIRC the armour upgrade feature in M2TW has a hardcoded armour stat increase so it couldn't be used in this case as the Augustean units were not anymore heavily armoured than the Marian ones.

Genava's Avatar Senator

IIRC the armour upgrade feature in M2TW has a hardcoded armour stat increase so it couldn't be used in this case as the Augustean units were not anymore heavily armoured than the Marian ones.
    It seems to me that the upgrade is worth 1. That would be equivalent to the better helmet. But perhaps that functions differently for M2TW, it's right that the units upgraded are really better than the normal units.
    Last edited by Genava; February 07, 2010 at 10:31 AM.

Campidoctor

The armour upgrade in M2TW apparantly gives something around a +2 increase with each level (the game shows it as +1 but people tested this and it seems to be higher), not something you could justify with a change of helmet.

Genava's Avatar Senator

Okay I understand, thanks Bobbin

couple of questions:
    1 Since it seems possible that civil wars can be implemented without using another faction slots, are you considering making such a thing in EB II or it is definitely beyond question?
    2. Have you decided what to do with merchants?
    3. I was thinking that there could be an ancillary system that allows the player to assign such an ancillary (containing legion name, short description, symbol if possible and maybe some bonuses) to certain general.
    4. Have you considered a dictator office for romani with a possible o assign Magister equitum?
    5. Recently I found some gauls pictures on totalwar.org and they look impressive but the angle which they hold their shield is weird. I know this is work in progress, but in the people of north Africa preview there where Maure Infantry that has the same issue. Is it possible to change it or it is a med2 issue?
    6. Will the province system remain untouched or you are planning some changes?
    7.In BareBones Wars there is small feature that at the beginning of turn the advisor pops out showing what season it is along with some historical information. I know that in EB 1 there is year in history message, but maybe it is not a bad idea to show the season with a advisor instead of looking at the end of traits list.
    all the best

Quote Originally Posted by Bartolomeo XIII View Post
    Since it seems possible that civil wars can be implemented without using another faction slots, are you considering making such a thing in EB II or it is definitely beyond question?
    As I havenīt played the game until now, how work civil wars in Med2? Similar to MTW?

Quote Originally Posted by Xerrop View Post
    As I havenīt played the game until now, how work civil wars in Med2? Similar to MTW?
    I meant civil wars from Dominion of the sword mod, med2 don’t have such a feature, but judging from Dots team statements and previews it will work similar to MTW, though it seems that it will be more complex in Dots.
    I think that I read somewhere that there is another mod with civil wars, but I don’t remember which one.

I meant civil wars from Dominion of the sword mod, med2 don’t have such a feature, but judging from Dots team statements and previews it will work similar to MTW, though it seems that it will be more complex in Dots.
    Hey,

I'm a DotS team member, and although I don't necessarily concern myself with the scripting part of the mod, I'd like to say that our plan is that rebellions will simply be tied to the leader's authority. With a low authority, there is a chance that settlements and generals will rebel (especially those with low loyalty ratings).

I have no idea how this will work in EB II.
    This space intentionally left blank.

JackDionne's Avatar Senator

Words alone don't justify how impressed I am with EB for Rome.
    I know EB2 will be just as awesome.

Good luck and looking forward to the finished product.
    3K needs to have an Avatar Campaign!!!

Icon5 Re: Europa Barbarorum II FAQ

Hello
    I am beta tester of the Roma Surrectum II mod for RTW. They had create an impressiv environment and now RTW with this mod is more beautiful than the environment of NTW... It is really crazy !!! We think we play a RTW mod on the ETW engine but no, he is on RTW engine !! So my question is ; do you will do same work with the environment and create new forest, new vegetation, new trees more realistic, A greater diversity of plants etc... ?
    thanks
    RTW 1 fan - betrayed, disillusioned, disgusted with Rome 2.
    My thematic camping project on autonomy ==> http://www.camping-la-ressource.fr/

We have far more urgent priorities before we start working on such areas as the battlemap environment.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

Hi,
    How's the production of EB 2 going?
    When will the aproximate release be? A year? Two? Any rough estimates?

Icon3 Re: Europa Barbarorum II FAQ

The answer is still "when it's done". The team does not like to give out estimates since, in the past, even a careful guestimate could be interpreted as a promise by overzealous fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludens View Post
    The answer is still "when it's done". The team does not like to give out estimates since, in the past, even a careful guestimate could be interpreted as a promise by overzealous fans.
    So true LOL!!!