Thread: Europa Barbarorum II FAQ

delra's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: Europa Barbarorum II FAQ

It's true.

I have some questions about bosphorans.

I havent really played them much but I looked arround to see how the faction was. They dont have colonisation and at first sight you will say that there is no way to up culture with them, but them you notice that the culture goes up fast so it seems its tied to the factional goverments.

It would be good to show this effect in the description. I guess each level of goverment goes up till a certain point and you need to upgrade it to keep going.

Also, how they are roster wise? Theres more units planned for them? They seem a bit dull too been like KH replacing elite hoplites by peltastai logades. They have the acces to the steppe tribes though, who spice thgings up. I guess they will get the full hellenistic reform as most the others.

We will either find a way, or make one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jervaj View Post
    I have some questions about bosphorans.

I havent really played them much but I looked arround to see how the faction was. They dont have colonisation and at first sight you will say that there is no way to up culture with them, but them you notice that the culture goes up fast so it seems its tied to the factional goverments.

It would be good to show this effect in the description. I guess each level of goverment goes up till a certain point and you need to upgrade it to keep going.

Also, how they are roster wise? Theres more units planned for them? They seem a bit dull too been like KH replacing elite hoplites by peltastai logades. They have the acces to the steppe tribes though, who spice thgings up. I guess they will get the full hellenistic reform as most the others.
    Bosporans do have colonisation - they just don't start with a Metropolis. Some of their factional government buildings do indeed have a conversion bonus.

There are more units planned for the Bosporans, both Skythian and Hellenic-Skythian fusion units as well. Along with a proper bodyguard unit.

They get the Hellenistic military reforms like all the others.

There was something in the scripts called religion update counter. It'll make various gov buildings boost culture a little bit every couple turns.

religion_level bonus 1 requires factions { f_bosporan, } and not region_religion rel_h 65 and event_counter ecReligionUpdate 1
    inc_counter ReligionUpdateCounter 1
    set_event_counter ecReligionUpdate 0

if I_CompareCounter ReligionUpdateCounter == 2 ;;; this value can be changed to any number of turns that prove working and feeling best, 2 is very low value for testing only
    set_counter ReligionUpdateCounter 0
    set_event_counter ecReligionUpdate 1
    end_if
    Like +1% culture twice a year up to 65%?
    Last edited by delra; August 06, 2015 at 05:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by delra View Post
    There was something in the scripts called religion update counter. It'll make various gov buildings boost culture a little bit every couple turns.

Like +1% culture twice a year up to 65%?
    Once a year - it triggers every winter.

Ah, as it didnt appeared in the browser I thought otherwise about colonisation, sorry.

Thanks for all the info. Would be good having all goverments clearly stating in their characterisitcs the conversion they perform when do so.

Keep up the great work

PS: Ok this is funny. I kept playing and at some turn the culture conevrsion thing appeared in the description of the goverments. I may have skipped it before but I checked it when I saw the culture going up and I would swear it didint appeared in the description
    Anyway as I said before it would be nice having in strategy the limits for each building conversion.
    Last edited by Jervaj; August 06, 2015 at 11:10 AM.

We will either find a way, or make one.

Im getting the delayed reinforcements during battles, is there a .txt i can edit so i can have unlimited_men_on_battlefield = 1?

Quote Originally Posted by Opiom View Post
    Im getting the delayed reinforcements during battles, is there a .txt i can edit so i can have unlimited_men_on_battlefield = 1?
    Look for your EBII.cfg and also check your medieval2.preferences.cfg isn't different and overwriting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Opiom View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Look for your EBII.cfg and also check your medieval2.preferences.cfg isn't different and overwriting it.
    Also, be sure you set the file to "Read-Only" after making your changes so the game doesn't overwrite any of your new settings.

I want to attack a faction on 2.04a with proper provoved attack. I send diplomat but there's no declare war option? We are neutral with one another and all I can do is cancel trade rights or accept or we will attack option when asking for some money. How do I declare war?

Attack them.

Usually i use boats to either block their port or attack one of their fleets to start a war in a "cool" manner.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

The most elegant way is to send an assassin to kill their king and get caught in the act. :-D

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    I want to attack a faction on 2.04a with proper provoved attack. I send diplomat but there's no declare war option? We are neutral with one another and all I can do is cancel trade rights or accept or we will attack option when asking for some money. How do I declare war?
    It is really weird that you can't do that through diplomacy.

QuintusSertorius as far as I can see my game has no problems but it's been sometime that I wanted to check if there's any silent background errors.
    I also noticed that my EBII.cfg file is very barren compared to others, it lacks the permanent arrows, banners, green unit markers lines too..
    Is there anyway for me to check my installation?

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    QuintusSertorius as far as I can see my game has no problems but it's been sometime that I wanted to check if there's any silent background errors.
    I also noticed that my EBII.cfg file is very barren compared to others, it lacks the permanent arrows, banners, green unit markers lines too..
    Is there anyway for me to check my installation?
    I meant it's weird in general - I don't believe you can at present. No idea if it was possible in vanilla, or if other mods have added it.

If your medieval2.preferences.cfg already has settings amenable to EBII, it may not need the EBII.cfg. Most of my settings are in there, because I don't play any other mods anyway.

How many new units can we expect in the next big release?

Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Guess this may have been asked previously, but will the Pezhetairoi and Agrianian Assault Infantry be part of EB2 in some version?

Quote Originally Posted by Merovingi View Post
    Guess this may have been asked previously, but will the Pezhetairoi and Agrianian Assault Infantry be part of EB2 in some version?
    Pezhetairoi are already in the game - as Phalangitai. There's no longer a distinction between phalanxes coming directly from Makedonia, and those formed of Makedonian (and Greek) settlers from the colonies.

Agrianians are planned, but not made yet.