Page 12 of 253 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021223762112 ... LastLast

Thread: Europa Barbarorum II FAQ

Icon3 Re: Europa Barbarorum II FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by Killergold88 View Post
    Im pretty excited about the Maurya (at least I think you mentioned them), because its because of them that Seleuca couldnt snag India, but I have a few random questions and cant wait for the release!
    I am afraid that the only mention of Mauryan Empire was to deny that they would be a faction (although the team has left open the possibility of a Mauryan Satrapy as faction). As for your other questions:

1) "Finishing moves" are part of the animation engine, so they will be included. However, I expect the team will make them realistic and toned-down rather than theatrical.

2) No, see the link I gave above.The team wants all factions to be playable.

4) EB1 included Alan and Scythian units: these will most likely make it to EB2 as well. I don't think we will be seeing them as factions, though.

5) All EB1 factions will be included. We may even see more Celtic factions.

I don't know the answer to 3 and 6.

Default Re: Europa Barbarorum II FAQ

Thanks for the reply Ludens

I wounder if they will have some Indian, or maybe southern Asian nation at all then, aside from Bactria and so on

I am aware that its part of the engine, just curious if they planned on using them and how they would alter them if they did

I also didnt see the map area, how far up the Nile does the map spread, far enough to see maybe Nubians or another nation like them?
    *Venienti Occurrite Morbo*
    Meet The Misfortune As It Comes
    -Latin Proverb-

"A house of judgment so divine,"
    "That we burn our brothers!"
    -Unearth - Hail the Shrine-

Hello.

Just as a question, is there any chance that a stickied "suggestions" thread will be made, so that minor suggestions not worth a whole thread could be offered to the EB II team? (Aka, the question I would have asked is, "Is there any chance of Saba getting a spearmen unit that doesn't require MIC 3 to build?") Just for little things like that, that don't warrent a whole thread on their own. Or perhaps a (small) Sub-forum for suggestions and Game-balance issues?

My appologies if this is the wrong thread, but I couldn't see anywhere else to post this.

To awser that question:
    There no longer is a system of mic's in EBII. As I'm not sure what is already made public about our buildingssystem I'll not go further into it tough. Spearmen will easily be avaible for the Sabaeans to at least awnser your question somewhat.

Thank you for the answer.

Glad to hear the Saba will get some early spearmen, Arabian Light Infantry just didn't cut it.
    About the Suggestion Thread question, though, what is the protocal for making new threads in the EB II Forum?

Not to ask too many questions, but I don't want to assume anything, and after reading through the forum, I've seen some threads reacted to with (justified) annoyance.
    Last edited by Dargaron; November 19, 2009 at 05:00 PM. Reason: Edited for clarity

you are more than welcome to start your own thread to share your suggestions with the EB team and others. The most important thing is to be aware of firstly what the MTW2 engine can do, and also what the EB team have revealed so far in their previews.

It is very courteous of you to ask, so thank you very much.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

I've read that there will be this wonderfull province information buildings. I really love this idea, but will there be also "sea buildings"?

There could be informations about the characteristics of the sea, like salt contant, sea fauna, weather, temperature,... and the history, like the colonization of the coasts and the cultures living at its coasts.
    There could be also an information about what was known about the sea in this time. This could be interesting for the North Sea or the Atlantic Ocean. You would of course use ancient names.

Do you plan something like this?

Do you plan on making natural obstacles such as mountains, great steppes and rivers more difficult to expand beyond for the AI faction?
    When playing EB1, I saw some weird expansion which would normally have made zero military sense, not to mention be more or less impossible to maintain supply wise, such as the Armenians spreading in a thin line into Germany, and the Carthaginians moving into Syria.

Horatius Flaccus's Avatar Biarchus

Well looking at the 1.x faction progression thread over at the .org, I would say that those examples you gave are more exceptions and not very common.

Has the EBII team considered adapting XAI into EBII?
    It seems to me that the only thing EB lacked was an improvement on the lacklustre vanilla AI.
    Last edited by Laser101; December 02, 2009 at 04:19 AM. Reason: typo

Icon3 Re: Europa Barbarorum II FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by Laser101 View Post
    Has the EBII team considered adapting XAI into EBII?
    It seems to me that the only thing EB lacked was an improvement on the lacklustre vanilla AI.
    The team actually did include a A.I. formation mod in EB1, although it did not work as well as Darth's or Sinuhet's. Anyway, even with one of the latter installed the A.I. remained unimpressive, so it's no wonder that no-one noted the team's effort.

There is no news on what the team will do to improve A.I. in EB2. My guess is that they will develop their own system again.

Hi,

Are you considering to release a beta version of EB II (or a beta version of the introductory Gaza campaign) or is the decision to release a stable "gold" version fixed?
    |--------------------------------------------------|
    |Patience is a virtue. Indecision is a vice.|
    |--------------------------------------------------|

Horatius Flaccus's Avatar Biarchus

From this topic:

Quote Originally Posted by jmrc View Post
    Considering the huge scope of this project, we will have to make multiple releases, until we get something good enough to be called 1.0
    So I guess they will first release 'beta' versions of the mod before a 'proper' release. And The Gaza Campaign is a tutorial.

Primicerius

when is EB2 coming out?

Tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Boyar Son View Post
    when is EB2 coming out?
    When it's ready
    The EB team has been working hard, as seen in the previews. Greatness cannot be rushed!

On a side note - is it possible to import models and textures from RTW that would work on M2TW? Just curious.

yes my friend it's possible see this tutorial http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=200559

but it takes about as much time as creating a new model for MTW2. So we chose to redo everything.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

nlovertoom's Avatar Tiro

I have asked Santa to bring me a working EB II game to play for next Christmas.
    "Every man dies, not every man really lives."

Quote Originally Posted by nlovertoom View Post
    I have asked Santa to bring me a working EB II game to play for next Christmas.
    If his elves can script, model, texture, playtest, bugfix, research, write, design, code, program,... you might be lucky. Otherwise it'll be for another Christmas I fear.