Thread: Europa Barbarorum II FAQ

Default Re: Europa Barbarorum II FAQ

how many turns per year will the mod use?

Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

DYNAMIC WEATHER IN BATTLES ??

Is anyone aware if EB2 will have dynamic weather in battles similar to SSHIP mod ? I love that feature. Dark and stormy night battle when after 5 minutes it begins to poor down or a winter battle in a blizzard where I'm wondering where all those arrows are coming from when the clouds roll away and a bright sunny day reveals the enemy archers in forest just over the hill ! Classic moments. Hope EB2 can do this too.

Hello there ! I have a simple question : Will we be able to play the reformed Roman legionaries (Marian and Imperial) in this beta ?

(Sorry for my poor english and if this question has been asked before !)

Quote Originally Posted by Eaunoire View Post
    Hello there ! I have a simple question : Will we be able to play the reformed Roman legionaries (Marian and Imperial) in this beta ?

(Sorry for my poor english and if this question has been asked before !)
    Nope, not even the full Polybian roster is in yet, you'll have to wait for a later release if that's a vital component of your fun.

Personally, I think the Imperial reform is a waste of time and Augustan units a waste of unit slots, given how late in the game it occurs and how unlikely the vast majority of plays will encounter it. The Romans already get two reforms (Polybian and Marian), so why should they have three when some factions get none?
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; August 12, 2014 at 06:01 PM.

Haha ! Imperial reform is not necessary for me, but marianne reform would make me happy in a future release because I would love to replay the Gallic Wars in this mod !

Foederatus

I have two quick questions, will mercenaries be able to replenish to full strength? And if so how?

Quote Originally Posted by AustSaint View Post
    I have two quick questions, will mercenaries be able to replenish to full strength? And if so how?
    Surely not, they weren't able to in EB1. The only way you can replenish them is to hire more of the same and merge them, which will mean the loss of experience in most cases.

Foederatus

Thanks, same deal as always.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Surely not, they weren't able to in EB1. The only way you can replenish them is to hire more of the same and merge them, which will mean the loss of experience in most cases.
    This makes blitzing a lot harder, which is a positive thing. I hope they'll also be more expensive than regular units, like in EB1 IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Venetus View Post
    This makes blitzing a lot harder, which is a positive thing. I hope they'll also be more expensive than regular units, like in EB1 IIRC.
    They were double the cost of recruitable units, if I'm remembering right. That's assuming you could recruit them in the first place, of course.

A good way to assess the cost of mercenaries is this: will it take you more than 8 turns to get a unit to the front and use it? If so, mercenaries are cheaper (since their recruitment cost is double the regular, which is itself equal to four turns of upkeep). There's also transport to consider, if they need to be ferried by ship, rather than walking. Though if you're a long way from home, you can't whisk a mercenary unit through the smithy to upgrade their gear.

Maybe it was already said before somewhere, but I'm too lazy today so please forgive me...

Which of the factions is the most developed faction, in current EB status?

"najłatwiej i najpiękniej nie gnębić drugich, ale samemu nad sobą pracować, żeby być możliwie jak najlepszym" Sokrates

alin's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by kirinji View Post
    Maybe it was already said before somewhere, but I'm too lazy today so please forgive me...

None, we tried to give all the same amount of attention.

Quote Originally Posted by kirinji View Post

If you look purely at rosters, the Hellenistic factions (Epeiros and Ptolemaioi so far, presumably Makedonia, Pergamon and Arche Seleukeia as well) have the most units in them.

Aren't there too much irrigation in western steppes(facebook pic) _

Foederatus

Where can I find the unit rosters? I really want to have a look at the Bosporan kingdom.

Quote Originally Posted by AustSaint View Post
    Where can I find the unit rosters? I really want to have a look at the Bosporan kingdom.
    On the Twitter feed.

Is Danube border corrected in EB2? From tactical reason its hard to defend land on other side of this big river. So I don't understand why is most of Budapest territory across river, if city was capital of Pannonia province. The same mistake for Singdinum territory.

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post

Thanks Quintus

Quote Originally Posted by mr mojo risin View Post
    I can confirm that only 1 part of the kingdoms expansion is needed.i have brittania installed and have played third age , ss, hyrule, bc..and on and on without error.
    Can someone from EB confirm that this is true for EB2.

Also, I will be buying the steam version, does anyone know if I have the option to install only one of the expansions? - space is limited.
    Epictetus: former slave and stoic philosopher