Page 10 of 251 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 35 60 110 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 5006

Thread: Europa Barbarorum II FAQ

  1. #181

    Default Re: Europa Barbarorum II FAQ

    How will you make slingers?

    Love NCAA football? Go here.

  2. #182

    Default Re: Europa Barbarorum II FAQ

    With the help of a few experts we have created a base slinger model and animation with the extra bone to represent the sling being spun round. At the moment it is largely been based on the vanilla RTW animation, however at a later point we hope to create a more accurate depiction of how a sling was used.

    Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

  3. #183
    Hakomar's Avatar Ordinarius
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    England.
    Posts
    776

    Default Re: Europa Barbarorum II FAQ

    Yes, I have two questions. How will you use cavalry in the game - it won't be overpowered like in Med2?
    Will the pike phalanx be different to pike wall - I know it's formation is different - but will it be bugged like the pikemen of scots, who drop their pikes immediately?

  4. #184

    Default Re: Europa Barbarorum II FAQ

    Overpowered?
    I thought cavalry in MTW2 was far too debile ...
    We might never know until we have been attacked by a mounted person with a sword rushing at us at 30+ kph.....




    = - True Love



  5. #185

    Default Re: Europa Barbarorum II FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by Hakomar View Post
    Will the pike phalanx be different to pike wall - I know it's formation is different - but will it be bugged like the pikemen of scots, who drop their pikes immediately?
    I think it will work. They just acted that weird because they had a sword as their second weapon. If it's removed then everything will work fine.

  6. #186

    Default Re: Europa Barbarorum II FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by eddy_purpus View Post
    Overpowered?
    I thought cavalry in MTW2 was far too debile ...
    We might never know until we have been attacked by a mounted person with a sword rushing at us at 30+ kph.....
    .. or the hitting power of a javelin thrown from a charging horse!

    R
    oOo

    Rome 2 refugee ...

    oOo

  7. #187

    Default Re: Europa Barbarorum II FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by Foot View Post
    Well there won't be city specific hoplite units because there is a limit of the number of units we have to use and there are a lot of factions. There will be region specific units (such as Kretan Archers, Syrian Archers, Massalian Hoplites). But to have Athenian Hoplites and Korinthian Hoplites would be an abuse of limited space.

    Foot
    What about Spartan Hoplites? Will they stay, or just be represented by giving units trained in Sparta extra starting experience?

  8. #188
    smoesville's Avatar Vicarius
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    2,803

    Default Re: Europa Barbarorum II FAQ

    You can have different skins on the same model though? Or does that take up another unit slot in the edu?
    Were there but a tree in this godforsaken place i would have hanged myself.

  9. #189

    Default Re: Europa Barbarorum II FAQ

    Will there be a character trait that wil represent proskynesis?

  10. #190

    Default Re: Europa Barbarorum II FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by Laser101 View Post
    What about Spartan Hoplites? Will they stay, or just be represented by giving units trained in Sparta extra starting experience?
    As in EBI there will be a seperate unit to represent Spartan hoplites.

    Quote Originally Posted by smoesville View Post
    You can have different skins on the same model though? Or does that take up another unit slot in the edu?
    You can have different skins on the same model, however these are split by faction. So you cannot have a normal hoplite skin and spartan hoplite skin on the same model for the same faction without using a separate unit slot.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gan ning View Post
    Will there be a character trait that wil represent proskynesis?
    We are currently developing our trait system, but we cannot release any details at this time. However, we wil do our best to represent the most important traits and attributes that were important for the people of the ancient world.

    Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

  11. #191
    Zmaj od Noćaja's Avatar Miles
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Kikinda, Serbia
    Posts
    331

    Default Re: Europa Barbarorum II FAQ

    Since I didn't see a thread 'suggestions' around here, I'll just make a quick one for Romans - when they fight against someone (Carthage, Gauls...), and when a Roman general defeats opposing general who has 8-10 command stars, he should get a trait like:"This man faught, defeated and caught an enemy to Rome. Chain him and take him to the capital, to show your people how the enemies of Rome end up..." Then, when the prisoner is taken to Rome (when Roman general with the trait gets to Rome), the trait disappears, and general gains influence and/or something else - command stars, f.e. What do you think? In history, all great opposing general where taken to Rome, once they were defeated - take Vercinogetorix, f.e.

  12. #192

    Icon3 Re: Europa Barbarorum II FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaj od Noćaja View Post
    In history, all great opposing general where taken to Rome, once they were defeated - take Vercinogetorix, f.e.
    Not true: Hannibal, Antiochus the Great, Mithradates Eupator and many others escaped this fate. Also, this "being taken and parade in Rome" was part of the triumph awarded to successful generals. Triumphs are already included in EB1: a general who wins a great victory will get the triumphator trait, which he can cash in for extra influence when he returns to Rome.

  13. #193
    k_raso's Avatar Biarchus
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Temuco, Chile
    Posts
    635

    Default Re: Europa Barbarorum II FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by Ludens View Post
    Also, this "being taken and parade in Rome" was part of the triumph awarded to successful generals.
    What he said. This is a good idea,but this kind of ceebrations were part of a triumph, and not an independent celebration.

  14. #194
    Zmaj od Noćaja's Avatar Miles
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Kikinda, Serbia
    Posts
    331

    Default Re: Europa Barbarorum II FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by Ludens View Post
    Not true: Hannibal, Antiochus the Great, Mithradates Eupator and many others escaped this fate. Also, this "being taken and parade in Rome" was part of the triumph awarded to successful generals. Triumphs are already included in EB1: a general who wins a great victory will get the triumphator trait, which he can cash in for extra influence when he returns to Rome.
    I suppose I could name numerous leaders who were brought to Rome, but that isn't my intention. About Hannibal and 'many others who escaped' - exactly my point - they escaped because they didn't want to be treated like foul barbarians who are caught and brought up like animals. Exactly this practice is the thing that made them want to "escape".
    One more thing - if Hannibal, Antiochus and Mithradates were captured - how do you think they would end up?!! In Rome, of course, and in chains, with thousands of people around them screaming and chearing.

    My point here was influence gain, but if all of you think it's a bad idea - so be it. I'll play the mod anyway, I just wanted to help. (BTW, in EB1 leaders gained influence way too easy; I think influence should be more difficult to have, so that events like these would be of greater need).

  15. #195
    Zmaj od Noćaja's Avatar Miles
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Kikinda, Serbia
    Posts
    331

    Default Re: Europa Barbarorum II FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by k_raso View Post
    What he said. This is a good idea,but this kind of ceebrations were part of a triumph, and not an independent celebration.
    Of course it was, I never meant otherwise. When a triuphant general defeats a general with 8-10 c.s., then he would go to Rome with the trait or ancilary and get the triumphant celebrations.

  16. #196

    Icon3 Re: Europa Barbarorum II FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaj od Noćaja View Post
    About Hannibal and 'many others who escaped' - exactly my point - they escaped because they didn't want to be treated like foul barbarians who are caught and brought up like animals. Exactly this practice is the thing that made them want to "escape".
    One more thing - if Hannibal, Antiochus and Mithradates were captured - how do you think they would end up?!! In Rome, of course, and in chains, with thousands of people around them screaming and chearing.
    No argument here. However, neither Hannibal nor Antiochus "escaped". After Zama Hannibal was allowed to continue in the Carthaginian senate, until Roman pressure finally got him exiled. He only took his life after his new employer, Antiochus III, was defeated at Magnesia. Antiochus also wasn't brought to Rome, despite being defeated. He simply surrendered and was allowed to keep his heartlands, although strictly as a subservient ally to Rome. I also imagine that those that did try to escape (say Mithridates) did it because they valued their independence and wanted to continue the fight, as much as they feared being killed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaj od Noćaja View Post
    My point here was influence gain, but if all of you think it's a bad idea - so be it. I'll play the mod anyway, I just wanted to help. (BTW, in EB1 leaders gained influence way too easy; I think influence should be more difficult to have, so that events like these would be of greater need).
    Don't worry. The triumph was in EB1, and I am sure it will be in EB2. The capture of a famous enemy would indeed have added more lustre to a triumph, but it was not a major part of the proceedings.

  17. #197
    Zmaj od Noćaja's Avatar Miles
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Kikinda, Serbia
    Posts
    331

    Default Re: Europa Barbarorum II FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by Ludens View Post
    Don't worry. The triumph was in EB1, and I am sure it will be in EB2. The capture of a famous enemy would indeed have added more lustre to a triumph, but it was not a major part of the proceedings.
    Than maybe the possibility (around 50%) where ancilary might occur? To leave the option of running away like Mtihradates, or Hannibal poisoning himself (after learning that Prusias of Bithynia was going to extradite him)??
    Well, I have faith in you guys, and your vision, so however you decide - I'm cool with it. All I have to add is (as I stated in other thread) - keep up the good work!

  18. #198

    Icon3 Re: Europa Barbarorum II FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaj od Noćaja View Post
    Than maybe the possibility (around 50%) where ancilary might occur? To leave the option of running away like Mtihradates, or Hannibal poisoning himself (after learning that Prusias of Bithynia was going to extradite him)??
    Shouldn't that be determined by whether you've actually captured him (and not ransomed or released him)? Anyway, I think you are giving too much importance to this ceremony. Yes, it did happen, but the important thing was the triumph, not the ritual strangulation of the enemy leader. The objective of a Roman war was the subjugation of a dangerous enemy, not their destruction. If a strong opponent was judged not to be threat anymore, the Romans were perfectly happy to leave him alive.

  19. #199

    Default Re: Europa Barbarorum II FAQ

    just want to make a quick suggestion regarding unit movement speed across the campaign map. I would like if the armies in this mod be able to march a reasonable distance per turn given the length of the turn(I make this request for most total war mods that I'm interested in). I'v been told(I trust my source, but you may prefer to do your own research as I haven't confirmed this) that the standard marching distance for an unhindered army/caravan/traveler is about 21 miles per day. At this speed you could march 3832 miles in six months(the length of the turns in rome and empire total war) That is about the distance from Lisbon to Berlin and back. Once you account for all the problems of logistics than the army would probably just be able to march from Lisbon to Berlin without being able to get all the way back. I do not believe it would hinder game play if armies were able to march that distance in a single turn(keeping in mind that the enemy would also be able to march that far) I don't think you would expand to fast, at least for me the main limit to expansion has always been enemy resistance.

  20. #200

    Default Re: Europa Barbarorum II FAQ

    Quote Originally Posted by InsanePerson42 View Post
    just want to make a quick suggestion regarding unit movement speed across the campaign map. I would like if the armies in this mod be able to march a reasonable distance per turn given the length of the turn(I make this request for most total war mods that I'm interested in). I'v been told(I trust my source, but you may prefer to do your own research as I haven't confirmed this) that the standard marching distance for an unhindered army/caravan/traveler is about 21 miles per day. At this speed you could march 3832 miles in six months(the length of the turns in rome and empire total war) That is about the distance from Lisbon to Berlin and back. Once you account for all the problems of logistics than the army would probably just be able to march from Lisbon to Berlin without being able to get all the way back. I do not believe it would hinder game play if armies were able to march that distance in a single turn(keeping in mind that the enemy would also be able to march that far) I don't think you would expand to fast, at least for me the main limit to expansion has always been enemy resistance.
    This is impossible for a number of reasons. Firstly because we are dealing with a turn-based game, and realistic movement speeds would allow for surgical military strikes more reminiscent of a black-ops mission, whereby enemy armies could march into the heart of your domains without worry for any reaction from you. Secondly, the AI path-finding breaks down over long distances and you will start to see more and more ridiculous moves from them.

    In other words, its not feasible to do so.

    Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

Page 10 of 251 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 35 60 110 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •