Thread: Europa Barbarorum II FAQ

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

Default Re: Europa Barbarorum II FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by Satapatiš View Post
    Will be important trade routes like the Silk Road introduced later in the development?
    There already are.

Charrua's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Sweboz use the "Teutonic" system, so don't have a family tree.
    Well, if it's supposed to be like that, than let's just play and see where I get...
    I do not believe in a God with no sense of humour!

Find the cost of Freedom
    Buried in the ground
    Mother Earth will swallow you
    Lay your body down...

ROFL Copter's Avatar Vicarius

This might be more of a general Medieval II problem, but I just can't seem to get the game to look nice in widescreen. I have widescreen selected and I have the correct resolution, but it still just looks stretched and not very nice. I know I somehow solved this issue in EB 1 but I don't remember how. Anyone?

Dearest Sufferers I auffer with you. EB it is not enough ro release this mod (for which I have patiently waited many years). Surely you can see that some sort of Manuel is required? EG I understood Romans without the Imperium Trail cannot raise or command armies, well they can and do both, Elsewhere I trad there is a penalty, but nowhere I can find says what it is. I LOVE EB1, played it since Rome 1 came out. I will love EB2, but PLEASE, after all these years, can somebody explain what is going on. All my generals can command armies....explain the system please in a sticky. Thanks for the wonderful Mod.....I just want to understand it

Fighting without the Imperium trait gives a penalty to command stars and morale: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Roman-Offices

Manual would be great, but I would rather they use their time on the actual mod. Manual would be a great project for fans in my opinion.
    Last edited by Poppis; November 15, 2014 at 05:31 PM. Reason: fixed.

The "Imperium relinquished" trait, you mean.

Can we see new sieges Models for the Cultures/Nations in future Release???

CanOmer's Avatar Centenarius

Can I play multiplayer battles?
    Can I play hotseat campaign?
    My Submods For Europa Barbarorum II Clean Campaign Mini Map for EB 2.3 ;

Will shield wall formation be used for hoplites and/or other units that fought in a similat fashion?

How does the Custom Battle roster work? There are some factions with a lot of units in theirs (yet not necessarily all the most logical ones for them to have - almost everyone has Keltoi), whereas others have hardly any at all (like the Getai). Some of the less well-provisioned ones don't even have commonly available mercenaries in there.

Dear, Quintus Sertorius

I believe that appropriate mercenaries where chosen for each faction and each era, which can make selecting faction only units challenging if you are unsure of who they are.

Because it is a little bit messy a simple way to use this system at the moment is to choose Early Era battles. Each era also has the appropriate mercenaries so, Early Era Romani will have celtic and hellenic mercinaries (10-15 units). Late Era Romani will have +30 units to choose from because they spread around the Mediterranean around 14 A.D. so they have all Mediterranean and pontic and some eastern mercenaries.

The faction units should come first, then the mercenaries. It is not always like this so you might look through them all.

Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by Mantaprey View Post
    Dear, Quintus Sertorius

I believe that appropriate mercenaries where chosen for each faction and each era, which can make selecting faction only units challenging if you are unsure of who they are.

Because it is a little bit messy a simple way to use this system at the moment is to choose Early Era battles. Each era also has the appropriate mercenaries so, Early Era Romani will have celtic and hellenic mercinaries (10-15 units). Late Era Romani will have +30 units to choose from because they spread around the Mediterranean around 14 A.D. so they have all Mediterranean and pontic and some eastern mercenaries.

The faction units should come first, then the mercenaries. It is not always like this so you might look through them all.

Good Luck
    I've only ever played Early Era - I pretty much never change the settings on that initial screen besides choosing a map. To take two examples, the Getai and Sauromatae have about 8 units each, and that's it. No mercenaries of any description, just their factional troops. By contrast Epeiros and Makedonia have about 20-something units, including a lot of mercenaries.

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    I've only ever played Early Era - I pretty much never change the settings on that initial screen besides choosing a map. To take two examples, the Getai and Sauromatae have about 8 units each, and that's it. No mercenaries of any description, just their factional troops. By contrast Epeiros and Makedonia have about 20-something units, including a lot of mercenaries.
    That's because a lot of units have their ownership set to "f_getai" for "era 2", and not "era 0"...

Under the patronage of m_1512

Quote Originally Posted by wudang_clown View Post
    That's because a lot of units have their ownership set to "f_getai" for "era 2", and not "era 0"...
    So which era should I be using to get broader rosters?

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

The rosters are a mess. This is pretty low on my priority (Siege AI, ASAP), but it's prohibitive to playing custom battles and testing units. To start, all factional units should be in a section on their own, at least grouped together at the top -- I would have thought something in the naming arrangement would automatically do this.

I thought the latest era, or all, gave the broadest selection.

hello!, why Saka Rauka early nobles arent armed with spears? they only have axes and bows, in EB1 they possess an amazing lance charge!, now Saka is ...

I believe the unit roster is not complete yet so you have not seen the full power of Saka Rauka . For now Pahlava and Saroumatae have lace units or you can just hire some mercenary cavalry.

Good luck orab

It's not really an announcement, since it's been mentioned on the Twitter thread, but the team is planning a new release within the next few weeks (assuming everything goes to plan). This will primarily focus on integrating some of the improvements from various unofficial fixes and mods to enhance the overall experience of the game. It's not likely to feature many new units, and is highly unlikely to have any new Roman units. The Polybian Romans, when completed, may form the basis of their own release, or be part of a subsequent one.

I understand the mod is still under heavy development, my question is 'is it(or the impending update) complete enough to play through a full campaign yet?'

and more broadly, other than units, whats left to add? any other features or things of that ilk?

I can reply to that. The game is not nearly finished, but every faction is playable right now, and it works really well. There are obviously things that need to be worked on on most areas, but unless you are really superfocused on them you won't notice it. I've played more than 20 campaings and never had a game ending bug or something.