Thread: Europa Barbarorum II FAQ

Default Re: Europa Barbarorum II FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by El Monstero29 View Post
    I see, that's pretty much what I figured was the case. Just so I'm sure I understand what you're saying; it can only nullify other bonuses that the building has? So, if I give a building a +200 gold income modifier and then added a -150 modifier, would the building produce +50 gold?

Also, nice to see that you hang out on this forum too. You seem to be everywhere!
    The net is by settlement, not building. A settlement (ie the sum of all it's buildings) cannot produce less than 0 income.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

To be precise: nullify bonuses form the other buildings only, or nullify all bonuses (eg. from the governors)?
    (I think that it doesn't concern only "the very building" but all other buildings, or am I wrong?)

El Monstero29's Avatar Semisalis

Ok, yeah having that apply to the settlement as a whole makes a lot more sense. Thanks for the answers guys.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    The net is by settlement, not building. A settlement (ie the sum of all it's buildings) cannot produce less than 0 income.
    Is it not possible for them to go below zero if the region has a lot of devastation? I thought it was.

Biarchus

The income from buildings still isn't less than 0 if you check the settlement detail page.

I'm talking about the overall income of the settlement.

I like to know a bit more about raids, for example..

- Which part is the raid income in the financial overview screen?
    - Is there any way to cause devastation faster? Sometimes my army would just stood there right in the middle of enemy territory for a couple turns without doing anything
    - Do you guys have a preferred tactic for raids and raiding army composition?
    From my experience creating small mobile raiding force and moving province to province didn't do much damage (and I assume doesn't generate a lot of cash) and prone to counterattack from any roving rebel stack (even if they're from neighbouring province). Meanwhile I personally think creating a doomstack to sack cities and burn buildings is kinda overkill (unless I didn't plan on taking the settlement anytime soon)

Hi!

I don't think it shows anywhere, but even if it does, I believe it falls under the Corruption and other category. You do not need any army whatsoever, all you need is a nomad family member to stay on an enemy terrain tile for two consecutive turns - preferably in ambush mode, so they will less likely get hit by the enemy.
    If the raid was successful, you will start receiving 800 Minai per turn per raiding party, and the terrain tile will turn grey. It is advisable to move to another tile if this happens, as the more devastated tiles the enemy has, the more money they lose - that loss is calculated by many variables, so I don't think you will ever know how much money your raid cost to the enemy. Either way, you can't get more money than 800 per turn per raiding party.

Excessive raiding is not a good idea if you actually want to conquer the province in the short run, as the effects devastation will not wear off for years. However it is perfect for neighboring provinces that you DO NOT want to conquer - I think a large enough devastation can cause rebellions, but not sure about that. So this method is perfect for maintaining a no man's land between your territories and theirs.

It is also worth noting that you can raid only as long as you have 15 provinces or less.

Hope it helped
    Last edited by Colos1987; June 30, 2017 at 01:17 PM.

Hi, I have some questions regarding the Saka.

1. Does the Saka’s Royal Clans Gov building convert to Eastern Imperial, and if so, Why?

2. How will the new nomadic enclave buildings effect the Saka in the future? Like what new tribes will be available for the Saka to recruit?

3. With the new pastoral settlements being implemented in 2.3 how will this affect the Saka’s Settling reform? Will they have to still upgrade the camps, capture settlements or will there be new requirements? And where are the new pastoral settlements going to be?

4. Will the Saka/Baktria ever get a chance be build an Indo-Kingdom Gov building in the future like Parthia currently can?

5. Has there been any thoughts about increasing Saka’s expansion options, so that AI Saka doesn’t have to capture A-E before moving on to take Haomavargau Agu?

Thanks for your responses.

1. All the Sakan factional governments above precursor convert to Eastern Imperial. It's partly to assist with converting camps (because you have to reduce the level of rel_a/rel_b) and partly to smooth the way to their final reformed state. Plus buildings can only convert to one culture.
    2. There's still Turan and Tocharian enclaves to come, which will be immediately available to the Saka.
    3. I'll have to check, but I don't think there's been any change. Every camp is a pastoral settlement, some of the current cities will be pastoral settlements as well.
    4. I don't think so, they have all their governments.
    5. I'm not sure what you mean, we don't really have a lot of control over what the AI chooses to take.

Thanks for your response.

1. What do you mean by precursor? Do you mean that both Saka’s Warlord and Royal Clan govs convert to Eastern Imperial?

5. I am making a suggestion to increase Saka’s expiation options. Currently the Saka can only expand to 2 provinces from the start (A-E and Sakanu Agu). After taking Sakanu Agu they can move to take any settlement that borders it (Westward Expansion). If they take A-E they can expand West, South, and East. All of these settlements are hotly contested by Baktria and Parthia. Saka normally loses most contests for these cities in battles with Baktria and Parthia.

My suggestion is to allow Saka to expand eastward. If the Saka’s starting province was connected to Haomavaranu Agu then it would have an option to expand east. Currently if Baktria controls A-E then it becomes the only faction that is able to expand into the Tarim Basin. If the Saka where able to expand into this area then I think it would be able to put up more of a fight against the surrounding factions.

I think this can be accomplished by moving Saka’s starting province’s boundary south to where it would connect to Haomavaranu’s boundary. The Saka would then have 3 options to expand and increase their chances with moving east. But I do remember reading that when you guys move boundary lines that it screws up a bunch of stuff.

Anyone managed to achieve Taksashila Army Reforms? Saka performs so poorly that i think its nigh-possible. I will appreciate any tips in that matter. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by deoved; July 08, 2017 at 03:48 PM.

A question, in 2.2r the names of generals of others factions can be used on the script? I've been trying to move them cause i dont want to fight them yet but it's impossible. Or do i have to activate the script?

Quote Originally Posted by (:Baktra:) View Post
    Thanks for your response.

1. What do you mean by precursor? Do you mean that both Saka’s Warlord and Royal Clan govs convert to Eastern Imperial?

5. I am making a suggestion to increase Saka’s expiation options. Currently the Saka can only expand to 2 provinces from the start (A-E and Sakanu Agu). After taking Sakanu Agu they can move to take any settlement that borders it (Westward Expansion). If they take A-E they can expand West, South, and East. All of these settlements are hotly contested by Baktria and Parthia. Saka normally loses most contests for these cities in battles with Baktria and Parthia.

My suggestion is to allow Saka to expand eastward. If the Saka’s starting province was connected to Haomavaranu Agu then it would have an option to expand east. Currently if Baktria controls A-E then it becomes the only faction that is able to expand into the Tarim Basin. If the Saka where able to expand into this area then I think it would be able to put up more of a fight against the surrounding factions.

I think this can be accomplished by moving Saka’s starting province’s boundary south to where it would connect to Haomavaranu’s boundary. The Saka would then have 3 options to expand and increase their chances with moving east. But I do remember reading that when you guys move boundary lines that it screws up a bunch of stuff.
    I mean the Majya Kshaharę (Our Land) building, ie the very first one you build before choosing a proper government.

We can't move province boundaries without shuffling the region IDs.

Quote Originally Posted by deoved View Post
    Anyone managed to achieve Taksashila Army Reforms? Saka performs so poorly that i think its nigh-possible. I will appreciate any tips in that matter. Thanks in advance.
    Doesn't matter how the Saka do, if they're destroyed that part is automatically achieved. The only part that really matters is encountering barded cavalry in battlemap battles.

Quote Originally Posted by paulhewsoon1 View Post
    A question, in 2.2r the names of generals of others factions can be used on the script? I've been trying to move them cause i dont want to fight them yet but it's impossible. Or do i have to activate the script?
    I don't entirely understand the question. The script is automatically activated regardless of what you do. The place where their names are is in the descr_strat.

I returned from an automatic update today to find EBII had been uninstalled. Can't figure how that happened. However my reinstall is showing plain old 2.2b after doing the same old things one always does to update to version , despite overwriting 79 files on unzip. I'm looking for a clue on the map I can see on turn one that would give me a guide as to whether the update has worked, as I understand it should be showing version r. Are there any renamed settlements for example? I have a vague notion that Arpi, for example had been renamed at some point. It's still called Arpi here. And the Alpine passes appear in place.

Quote Originally Posted by parthian8 View Post
    I returned from an automatic update today to find EBII had been uninstalled. Can't figure how that happened. However my reinstall is showing plain old 2.2b after doing the same old things one always does to update to version , despite overwriting 79 files on unzip. I'm looking for a clue on the map I can see on turn one that would give me a guide as to whether the update has worked, as I understand it should be showing version r. Are there any renamed settlements for example? I have a vague notion that Arpi, for example had been renamed at some point. It's still called Arpi here. And the Alpine passes appear in place.
    If one file hasn't updated, then it's highly likely none of the other have either. Not showing 2.2r is pretty telling, having un-renamed/moved settlements is another.

For whatever reason, the patch hasn't taken.

Thanks for the quick response, Quintus. I shall go back to stage one and go through it again. It will come right. I remember all the other patches had born their letters, so I suspected as much. Could you tell me what is the Roma Victus optional settlement patch about? I've fallen off the pace somewhat due real life making unreasonable demands on my attention, and g was my last patch. I'm keen on giving the Germans another bash.

.....borne......

Quote Originally Posted by parthian8 View Post
    Thanks for the quick response, Quintus. I shall go back to stage one and go through it again. It will come right. I remember all the other patches had born their letters, so I suspected as much. Could you tell me what is the Roma Victus optional settlement patch about? I've fallen off the pace somewhat due real life making unreasonable demands on my attention, and g was my last patch. I'm keen on giving the Germans another bash.
    It's an optimisation of barbarian settlements - the larger ones cause a massive drop in framerate, so if you're playing a barbarian faction you need it. I'd highly recommend the Lugiones, there's a new "Nomadic Enclave" building which adds something different to their rosters at the cost of unrest from a foreign culture. It means you can get some steppe cavalry and archers if you're willing to make that trade.

It will be the Lugiones. I played an extended campaign with them last year and found them quite immersive. They face many dilemmas, politically, culturally, and geographically. The advantages and disadvantages of early consolidation (made more interesting by the new raiding mechanism) versus an early land grab are finely balanced with the Lugiones, and you can go either way on a knife edge. I can also recommend them, both to those who haven't played them before and as an old favourite on which to try out the new features. I was never put off a faction because it didn't have a cracking array of different types of troops. Each has its own style of fighting, and I liked theirs. But anything that adds to the range of dilemmas is great. The only drawback was the slow frame rate and laggy nature of some settlement battles, so it seems like a big green for go. Now, "if I could just reach my install-the-patch-successfully-belt."